Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:58:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Donny Star: Albert Jenkins forms football club  (Read 2308 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Donny Star: Albert Jenkins forms football club
« on June 25, 2010, 10:32:26 am by The Red Baron »
http://www.thestar.co.uk/rovers/Rovers-agree-3year-kit-deal.6383984.jp?

The Nike deal was announced on DROS on Monday and the Star's only got round to reporting it today. Must be a slow news week! :S

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LongbridgeMGRover

Re:Donny Star: Albert Jenkins forms football club
« Reply #1 on June 25, 2010, 11:22:11 am by LongbridgeMGRover »
wasn't like this in the days of the Evening Post. it would have been in the Monday evening edition in order to gain a few dozen more newspaper sales.

now if something happens on a monday, somebody in Sheffield will read about it on tuesday, too late for that days paper so we are loooking at Wednesday at the earliest for 'local news'.

deebee

« Reply #2 on June 25, 2010, 01:03:37 pm by deebee »
Calling it the Doncaster Star is an insult. The only Doncaster news is the first couple of pages or so. The rest is Sheffield, Rotherham & Barnsley etc:- Just look at the letters page they are always Shefield. And I agree it is only yesterdays news thats in there anyway. Complete wast of money.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 25, 2010, 10:50:57 pm by BobG »
Don't buy it! I really can't understand why anyone in Donny buys it anyway. It tells you next to nothing that's relevant, what it does tell is always late, its loyalties lie with Sheffield, and, to top it all, it was downright scurrilous, spineless and utterly useless during the Richardson years. I haven't bought a copy since. And I won't. I wouldn't use it even if I ran out of bog paper.

BobG

the dons

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 26, 2010, 08:37:13 am by the dons »
It is no longer called the DONCASTER STAR just the STAR, it is no longer classed as a evening paper as it arrives at Newsagents shortly after the daily papers, and I am pleased to say that sales are improving. :byebye

deebee

« Reply #5 on June 26, 2010, 08:55:28 am by deebee »
If sales are improving it must be because Andrex has become more expensive

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 26, 2010, 10:02:36 am by RoversDave »
Back in about 1970-71, I won a copy of the Rothmans Football Year Book (no.2) in a competition in the Doncaster Evening Post. Started collecting them every year from then onwards. Cost me a bleeding fortune so far 40 editions. After I won the second edition I wrote to the printers to buy the first edition. Enclosed my ten bob / 50p and they sent me the hardback version that cost 35 bob / £1.75, and I believe a mint copy is worth over £100, mine is near mint.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012