Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:48:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ST Poll  (Read 3944 times)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
ST Poll
« on July 20, 2010, 10:13:28 am by Mike_F »
Mods:

It would be interesting to reset the Season Ticket poll in light of recent signings etc. We have speculated as to the effect such activity could have on ST sales so perhaps a new poll would demonstrate whether it has changed views or actions in our little enclave.

Cheers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re:ST Poll
« Reply #1 on July 20, 2010, 09:28:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
as far as we know since Billy signed approx 300 STs have been bought.

On the poll to date there has been an increase in the percentage of those who say they will by tickets on a match by match basis.

This is a bit of a worry, as when it comes down to it, parting company with £25 or £28 for a ticket must hurt,

At those prices I just can't see that many turning up on the day unless are league position is really strong and we're getting rave reports about the way we are playing.

I fear the club may be starting to worry that their pricing policy has backfired.

I've been told that via schools, tickets are being offered for Bristol game, for a tenner an adult and kids free.

The more the merrier for me but I can't help but think that common sense has not prevailed and the club to date, have failed to listen to it's audience !

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 20, 2010, 09:31:10 pm by MrFrost »
We've sold about 400 season tickets in the last 5/6 weeks. I'm doubting we will get up to 6000.
I think we will be lucky to average 10k this year, maybe 9000-9500.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 20, 2010, 09:36:37 pm by Jonathan »
Well two more of us are renewing this week!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 20, 2010, 09:42:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's looking that way.

The club could easily open the doors to a few hundred more by offering advanced sales, taking deposits for STs...AND, reducing prices.

Empty seats are no good to anyone.

PS I've heard that quite a number of fans have swapped from East Stand to West, so that East stand is going to look even emptier on the cameras.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 20, 2010, 09:56:11 pm by not on facebook »
what are the lockout games for rovers this season
leeds utd only i would say.

after that game throw in your local derby games where crowd will hit 11,000+ sheff utd,ull city maybe barnsley.

non attractive games bristol city,watford,qpr,coventry,ipswich,
norwich,millwall,leicester,swansea,cardiff,burnley,preston,palace

derby and forest will all depend on how respective teams are doing  for large away following to help 11,000+

portsmouth good home support crap away support below 10,000

rovers are now starting 3rd term in this div so the away crowds will drop massive since a few teams are on 3rd visit
and their fans have now done the ground

so unles rovers are knocking on at least play off spots
the average attendence will be down on last two seasons.

with match tickets priced at £25 - £28 its not if there will be
groups of blokes sat in local pubs on a matchday and at drop of a hat all decide to head down to KMS at last moment,that
market has long gone.

to be a floating rovers fan now means calling yer mates days before the game and JUST talk about going and more than likley
passing on going to game

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 20, 2010, 10:37:40 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
groups of blokes sat in local pubs on a matchday and at drop of a hat all decide to head down to KMS at last moment,that market has long gone.

to be a floating rovers fan now means calling yer mates days before the game and JUST talk about going and more than likley passing on going to game

If only the club was so perceptive !!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 20, 2010, 10:48:46 pm by MrFrost »
I think Rovers are one of the only clubs who don't offer a monhtly direct debit as a payment option.

The matchday prices are silly really, and you can't see many paying on the day.

So lets say season ticket sales make 5800 by the start of the season, how many can you realisically say will buy on the day?

I still for ther life of me don't know why there isn't any kind of family ticket available.

For 2 adults and 2 kids over 12 sitting on the half way line fo the Hull game you're looking at £92. Thats before you get there, buy a programme, a drink, burger or whatever.
So for a family afternoon watching 90 minutes of football your looking at spending over £100.
How many families will be doing that?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 20, 2010, 11:01:21 pm by BobG »
This isn't a dig Mr Frost! Honest. I'm just a weird bugger who's fascinated by the use of language. Your first sentence took my attention: \"... are one of the only clubs...\".

What does that actually mean? How many are the 'only clubs'? 2? 10? 50? I get the drift of course. You're suggesting that maybe there's a few clubs who don't offer the option under discsussion, but you've no idea how many that might be. But it's the implicit emotional content that I find so fascinating. 'Rovers are rubbish! Everyone else offers it' is the message I take from that sentence. But in truth, we don't know how many othere clubs are in the same position. So I suspect that the use of a phrase like you have done is designed to give an impression that supports a point of view but which actually has not been proven. Is that right?

Language is an utterly fascinataing thing. And English is particularly so. It is an incredibly subtle language. You can say EXACTLY what you mean in English since it has more nouns and adjectives than anay other language except Mandarin. It is an extremely precise lanaguage. And that's what makes sentences like the one I highlighted so interesting. To phrase something in that way, and we all, including me, do it sometimes, actually says an awful lot more than the mere words might suggest.

Oh well. Arcane discussion over for tonight.

Cheers

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 20, 2010, 11:05:31 pm by MrFrost »
BobG wrote:
This isn't a dig Mr Frost! Honest. I'm just a weird bugger who's fascinated by the use of language. Your first sentence took my attention: \"... are one of the only clubs...\".

What does that actually mean? How many are the 'only clubs'? 2? 10? 50? I get the drift of course. You're suggesting that maybe there's a few clubs who don't offer the option under discsussion, but you've no idea how many that might be. But it's the implicit emotional content that I find so fascinating. 'Rovers are rubbish! Everyone else offers it' is the message I take from that sentence. But in truth, we don't know how many othere clubs are in the same position. So I suspect that the use of a phrase like you have done is designed to give an impression that supports a point of view but which actually has not been proven. Is that right?

Language is an utterly fascinataing thing. And English is particularly so. It is an incredibly subtle language. You can say EXACTLY what you mean in English since it has more nouns and adjectives than anay other language except Mandarin. It is an extremely precise lanaguage. And that's what makes sentences like the one I highlighted so interesting. To phrase something in that way, and we all, including me, do it sometimes, actually says an awful lot more than the mere words might suggest.

Oh well. Arcane discussion over for tonight.

Cheers

BobG

Bob, what was the point in that post other than to try and belittle what I wrote.
I actually took it upon myself to look what payment devices other clubs in our division are offering. I found us, Scunthorpe and Millwall the only ones not offering payment via monthly direct debit.
Given that money is tight, spreading the cost may well have enticed a few more seaosn ticket holders.

My point on a family paying on the day stands. Why don't you try nitpicking at that one while you're at it? That isn't a dig, honest!

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 20, 2010, 11:16:18 pm by Savvy »
There needs to be a pay on the day turnstyle does the club think that waiverers are going to travel twice to the ground to see a game?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 20, 2010, 11:18:43 pm by not on facebook »
it should not matter two hoots what other clubs are doing or not doing with season ticket or matchday ticket sales.

it would be bad if any club will rest on its laurells (god
i hope i spell that rite)and fell in line with rest of the league with less than half the ground sold out.

fcuk me doncaster has  apopulation of close to 300,000
and the KMS holds just under 15,000 with allocation for
12,000 home fans,

for fcuks sake surely there is a market out there for a full house every other week.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 20, 2010, 11:22:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just browsing Derby's website and found this. They offer 6 and 12 game plans

12 Game Plans
Posted on: Tue 13 Jul 2010
Derby County's 2010/11 season is packed with some incredible games and we've made it easier for you to witness them first hand.

This season's 12 game plans give you the freedom to pick the matches you want to see.

Simply select your games from the lists below and we will see you at Pride Park Stadium to enjoy the action!

Platinum Plus games (pick 2)
Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Leicester City

Platinum games (pick 3)
Cardiff City, Sheffield United, Norwich City, Doncaster Rovers, Millwall, Coventry City, Burnley, Bristol City

Gold games (pick 7)
Queens Park Rangers, Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough, Preston North End, Watford, Portsmouth, Scunthorpe United, Reading, Ipswich Town, Hull City, Barnsley, Swansea City

12 game plans cost £295 for adults, £175 for senior citizens and young adults as well as £145 for juveniles and juniors in category A&B seating areas and £280, £150 & £70 respectively in category C seating areas.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 20, 2010, 11:23:12 pm by RobTheRover »
Erm.... have you seen the non-existent queues at the ticket office on matchdays?

10 mins tops and you have your ticket, through the turnstile and can relax with a pie/pint/betting slip in your mits.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 20, 2010, 11:29:05 pm by BobG »
I'm sorry Mr Frost. It wasn't intended as a dig at you. If you can't see the point of what I wrote, then I really am sorry for you.

Cheers

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 20, 2010, 11:31:04 pm by MrFrost »
BobG wrote:
I'm sorry Mr Frost. It wasn't intended as a dig at you. If you can't see the point of what I wrote, then I really am sorry for you.

Cheers

BobG

No need for the sympathy, Bob.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 20, 2010, 11:44:52 pm by not on facebook »
robtherover think you have just pointed out the major problem
with matchday tickets at KMS 'non-existant ques on matchdays at ticket office'

that alone should be telling the club som'ert needs to be done
or changed.

i wonder what the stats are for matchtickets bought for home parts of ground on matchdays is?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 20, 2010, 11:46:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
well chaps. I've made another attempt to contact the club to urge them to consider some other options on ticketing.

Don't hold your breath but you never know.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 21, 2010, 12:07:00 am by MrFrost »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
well chaps. I've made another attempt to contact the club to urge them to consider some other options on ticketing.

Don't hold your breath but you never know.

I've emailed them some suggestions a few times over the closed season, but haven't had any acknowledgment.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 21, 2010, 09:32:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I've had an e-mail back from the Rovers and they are discussing the the possibility of batches of advance tickets.

Watch this space.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 21, 2010, 10:11:34 pm by hoolahoop »
That has to be the most depressing thread I have read on here in many a year. Negative , negative, bloody negative !!
If we get off to a good start  (as we will) then believe me our attendances won't tumble as some of you are at pains to suggest. We have a superb Yorkshire and Midlands set of derby games coming up , we have bought the player of our dreams and our ticket prices are not astronomical compared to other club's pricing policies.
Our Board have bought the player we always wanted and have committed funds on others too and we are arguing about a 10 minute waiting time for those queueing to buy a ticket on a match to match basis?
Jeez what do some of you want, we might not make an average of 10,000 at home next season, Christ not that many years ago we couldn't get 10% of that or have some of you forgotten that or in some cases never witnessed those dark days!
There are cries to buy Billy Sharp, Andy Keogh, the KMS etc............where is the money supposed to come from ffs ?
Stop blaming everything on the poor strategy of our Board, they can do more to encourage more folk to go but they can't pay for or force those that haven't even thought of going to watch the Rovers for a generation.
Be positive please...........

RyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 21, 2010, 10:40:51 pm by RyRovers »
Savvy wrote:
There needs to be a pay on the day turnstyle does the club think that waiverers are going to travel twice to the ground to see a game?

Waiverers don't need to travel twice to the ground with the changes to the online ticketing system you can order online and get the tickets delivered to your door. Not to mention you can now pick the area and even the seat you want to sit in.

http://www.keepmoatstadium.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/Home/home.aspx

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 21, 2010, 11:23:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There are cries to buy Billy Sharp, Andy Keogh, the KMS etc............where is the money supposed to come from ffs ?

I'm perhaps more of a pragmatist on this subject.

Do you really think that Rovers will make more money with this current pricing structure ?

I talk to friends who I know who may fall in to the waverers catergory. A fair few are not wavering any more. They are less likely to go, period.

That's a decision not based on who we've bought/sold, how much money the board have spent etc. it won't be based on how well we are doing. It's based on the fact they they can't or won't afford it!

All I'm saying and will keep saying, we could have made more by charging less. ST holders are your bread and butter and more should have been done to think of ways of retaining those that we had.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 22, 2010, 07:49:37 am by Superspy »
meanwhile, i can now afford the season tickets for me and the mrs, so will be getting them sorted this afternoon or tomorrow....woop!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 22, 2010, 08:59:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just been looking at Blackpool's season ticket brochure.

They are offering payment by 6 month STANDING ORDER payable to the clubs bank account. Not Direct Debit.

They are offering 10% refunds to all ST holder for each friend they introduce up to a maximum of 10 i.e. 100% refund. To be paid back after 1 December.

Where there's a will there's a way.

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/staticFiles/4a/4e/0,,10432~151114,00.pdf

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 22, 2010, 10:18:04 pm by MrFrost »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Just been looking at Blackpool's season ticket brochure.

They are offering payment by 6 month STANDING ORDER payable to the clubs bank account. Not Direct Debit.

They are offering 10% refunds to all ST holder for each friend they introduce up to a maximum of 10 i.e. 100% refund. To be paid back after 1 December.

Where there's a will there's a way.

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/staticFiles/4a/4e/0,,10432~151114,00.pdf

Good stuff.
I wonder if someone is taking note.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012