Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:55:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just mentioned on talksport  (Read 3540 times)

Keith Myath

Just mentioned on talksport
« on July 21, 2010, 08:43:05 pm by Keith Myath »
Mark Saggers just after 7 stunned me, did anyone hear?

The words almost verbatim out of his mouth was \"Theres only 3 teams who play like Barcelona, Spain, Arsenal and (you guessed it) Doncaster Rovers\". He then went onto say how much Sean O'Drisscol should be the new 3rd England Coach and it's managers like him that will take this country forward.

Although i agree, Club England can f**k off!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andyst79

• Forum Member
Re:Just mentioned on talksport
« Reply #1 on July 21, 2010, 08:48:55 pm by andyst79 »
Who's r messi then?!

Mark DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 21, 2010, 08:58:13 pm by Mark DRFC »
copps of course!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 21, 2010, 09:00:48 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Dont give me SOD - I want rid useless devil - losing 4-0 to some pub team!!
SOD OUT!!!!  :laugh:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 21, 2010, 09:01:29 pm by hoolahoop »
Barca et al don't get a ''hiding'' off Havant & Waterlooville though do they and they ask for ALL the rules before signing up for competitions I'm sure.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #5 on July 22, 2010, 11:00:13 am by DRFC MYERS »
i heard about this a couple of weeks ago and giggled

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 22, 2010, 12:33:24 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
hoolahoop wrote:
Barca et al don't get a ''hiding'' off Havant & Waterlooville though do they and they ask for ALL the rules before signing up for competitions I'm sure.

Must admit, its a bit disgraceful if we  'lost on purpose' because we didnt like / understand the rules and wanted to come home early. Kick in the teeth for those supporters who  travelled.

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 22, 2010, 01:19:10 pm by irishcontingent »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

Must admit, its a bit disgraceful if we  'lost on purpose' because we didnt like / understand the rules and wanted to come home early. Kick in the teeth for those supporters who  travelled.

My take is that the \"Joma Cup competition\" is just that, a competition, as a result of which \"Normal\" football rules will apply. So, if 3 substitutes allowed in \"Normal\" competition then same applies. Competion and Friendly there is a distinct difference, friendly is a game arranged between 2 clubs, to suit themselves. Competition is arranged by a third party on behalf of the \"Invited / partaking clubs\". So surely DRFC EXPECTED normal rules to apply, regardless of any posturing by the clubs since arrival in Devon.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 22, 2010, 02:12:31 pm by CusworthRovers »
Have to say I have concerns for us coming home. Be it an individual decision or group one, I'm not convinced it's the right one.

1. We had committed to this thing.
2. Fans of DRFC had booked holidays/hotels round this Comp.
3. Believe it or not I would suspect the natives were looking forward to watching a Championship club and one with a reputation of playing good football.
4. A feeling of let down to Sponsors.

I can fully understand DRFC concerns, and rather selfishly I agree. But the key word there is selfish.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if Leeds or Man Utd had done this. I recall the bad reaction when Man Utd went to Brasil and forfeited playing in the FA Cup. There is a similarity here ie Man Utd looked after themselves and chuff everyone else that had been in place.

Not sure what the solution would have been, other than taking another 10 youth players down with the first team.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 22, 2010, 02:22:57 pm by Filo »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

The rules were changed by the FA on the eve of the competition, the 3 subs rule is not what we signed up for, it was understood that 5 subs could be used and thats what all the competing teams were led to believe, until the FA stuck their oar in!

So you see, we did understand the rules when we agreed to enter the competition, and seeing as we understood it to be 5 subs at that time, I would say we were happy with that.

On the supporters that went down there, i`m sure the club could offer free entry into one of the up coming friendly s on the production of a Joma cup match ticket

Bikka

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 22, 2010, 05:06:19 pm by Bikka »
Keith Myath wrote:
Mark Saggers just after 7 stunned me, did anyone hear?

The words almost verbatim out of his mouth was \"Theres only 3 teams who play like Barcelona, Spain, Arsenal and (you guessed it) Doncaster Rovers\". He then went onto say how much Sean O'Drisscol should be the new 3rd England Coach and it's managers like him that will take this country forward.

Although i agree, Club England can f**k off!

Back to the original topic, I heard that too, and it's what I'd being saying to my fellow work colleagues and Leeds fans during the World Cup

'Spain play like us albeit they have slightly (only slightly ;) ) better players' to which they laughed at, we'll see.

A few snide comments about they couldn't even sign Billy Sharp and how can Doncaster Rovers get him above them.............

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 22, 2010, 05:17:55 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Exactly what it says on DROS Filo http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2095430,00.html

I didn't realise the FA were behind it , numpties!

Football fans who go down to Devon to watch friendlies are a breed apart.  Rovers clearly didn't bother playing yesterday so I would think traveling fans deserve free entry to a Championship fixture or maybe an upgrade to Prawn Sandwich class for a game if they are ST holders.  Saying they played last night's fixture so as no to disappoint fans is a joke!  I hope they compensate with something.

kybone

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 22, 2010, 09:03:14 pm by kybone »
I think were taking this thing about the lads pulling out of the joma cup a bit too far aren't we. Coparing it to Man u pulling out of the FA Cup!!!! Give me a break. As for comments about us playing like Barca. I think its more to do with the passing and possession play rather than the overall quality of the team to be honest. For me its brilliant to be compared to such teams but lets not get caught up in our own hype. Its a little embarrassing at times listening to and reading some of the things we say about ourselves.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 22, 2010, 09:22:15 pm by DMnumber4 »
FuzzyDuck wrote:
Exactly what it says on DROS Filo http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2095430,00.html

I didn't realise the FA were behind it , numpties!

Football fans who go down to Devon to watch friendlies are a breed apart.  Rovers clearly didn't bother playing yesterday so I would think traveling fans deserve free entry to a Championship fixture or maybe an upgrade to Prawn Sandwich class for a game if they are ST holders.  Saying they played last night's fixture so as no to disappoint fans is a joke!  I hope they compensate with something.

Rovers won't do a single thing I don't think. They played the minimum fixtures required and fielded a team they would call 'strong'. It does make me glad that I didn't bother making a last minute change of plan to head south,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012