Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:42:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 'The News' - we want to hear  (Read 2570 times)

Florida Rover

• Forum Member
'The News' - we want to hear
« on July 22, 2010, 03:57:50 pm by Florida Rover »
The doom and gloom remarks about yesterdays game are one thing but I note there is not a single mention of the scans being undertaken today by Oster and Chambers. If they are out for a long period together with Wilson then we really have something to be worried about.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re:'The News' - we want to hear
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2010, 08:16:32 am by Alan Southstand »
Agree wholeheartedly with this, Florida. The 2 lads in question had good solid seasons for us, last season, and we have missed the 'Oster factor' in many of the pre-season fixtures I've seen (I wasn't in Devon). Adding Chambers to the defensive line-up gives a bit more of a solid look to it, although we still need that commanding (and organising) centre back adding.

We've 2 weeks to sort any problems out, but the clock is ticking to Preston and SOD has quite a few headaches to overcome yet.

Keith Myath

« Reply #2 on July 23, 2010, 08:50:04 am by Keith Myath »
I spoke to Wilson a couple of days ago in Scunny. His injury isnt as bad, apparantly the chip is in a direction which means he will be available if not for the first game but the 2nd.

Im not too worried about Oster being out as we have cover. Unless we sign a central defender i want joc back in there alongside Martis and that may mean Chambers could be sorely missed.

Florida Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2010, 12:29:34 pm by Florida Rover »
I notice also on the Official site that the Number 5 has not been allocated to anybody so I like you Alan am hoping that posiion receives some urgent attention. From listening to the 5-0 loss we were terrible if not non existant on throws into the box and this alone shows the necessity for a dominating central defender.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2010, 03:27:06 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Keith Myath wrote:
I spoke to Wilson a couple of days ago in Scunny. His injury isnt as bad, apparantly the chip is in a direction which means he will be available if not for the first game but the 2nd.

Im not too worried about Oster being out as we have cover. Unless we sign a central defender i want joc back in there alongside Martis and that may mean Chambers could be sorely missed.

I know he impressed in his lone spell with us but I've got to say since we signed Martis he's looked poor and I would put Lockwood ahead of him every time on that basis.
The only thing Shelton has over Locky is he has good pace for a CB, which is useful.  I think paired with Webster (when fit) might work, Both got height, one has pace, the other decent with the ball.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2010, 03:47:57 pm by CusworthRovers »
IMO

Given what we have now, the first name I would stick in at CH is Martis by at least 6 lengths. Martis is far better than the others we have. We just need a Shack/Mills type to partner him and more likely compliment him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012