Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:11:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Oster And Chambers  (Read 3053 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Oster And Chambers
« on July 23, 2010, 06:02:28 pm by watto-drfc »
both out for 6 weeks ..see DROS

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re:Oster And Chambers
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2010, 06:19:41 pm by Branton Rover »
Massive blow that especially Chambers as we should have adequate numbers to cover for John in midfield.  The need for another defender becomes even more apparent, no doubt Sean & Richard will be working on this they'll pull out another gem no doubt

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2010, 06:28:51 pm by northern soul »
Logan not wanted at Sheff Utd, maybe he will be back?
Obviously can't kick a ball far enough or high enough, good damn him, kicking to someone in the same coloured shirt all the time!

Sheff Utd

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2010, 06:39:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Will miss at least all the fixtures in August but hopefully will be back for that game against our West Yorkshire neighbours.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2010, 06:48:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just thinking on, back 5 it is then.

Dumbuya   Matis   JOC  Lockwood  Friend

Stock

Copps         Woods

Brooker/Hayter

Sharp

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2010, 06:59:34 pm by Wellred »
Why do we do it every year?
We find out one of our best players (2 in this case) needs an operation not at the end of the season but just before the start of the new season.
Is this all part of SODS plan that we will struggle up until Christmas then make our annual revival?

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2010, 08:05:03 pm by besty »
Yeah agree seems a bit odd dosent it.

Usual bad start again then eh? Have we ever had a good start to season under SOD by the way?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2010, 08:45:14 pm by Drover »
Maybe the players want to have their holiday first before having explority ops?Not what's best for the club but they are human.Wonder if it was discussed during Oster contract talks too?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2010, 08:58:31 pm by Wellred »
I have never been convinced about our physio. Whenever we get any injuries it is rare that any players come back within a couple of weeks.
Maybe I am being unfair on the bloke but we do seem to suffer longer injuries than other clubs.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2010, 09:18:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I blame the KM pitch, it's hard and unforgiving. How many players have had Groin/Hernia type injuries since we moved there? More than average I would think.

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2010, 11:34:18 pm by george-friend »
Massive blows.
So out for all of august then for sure.    

Oster is a great player and can tear teams apart,you can deffo tell when hes playing as he is such a key figure in our team however we do have plenty of midfield options,wilson and oster both injured now.

So then chambers well we dont really have cover so i would expect a loan player to be drafted in.

Friend
Dumbaya
Jimmy 0 Connor
Martis
Webster
Hird
Lockwood.

Who would i pick for preston?

Friend  Webster LOAN  Jimmy

Who do i think sod will pick for preston?
Friend Martis LOAN Jimmy.

If fit i would really give WEBSTER  a chance as before he was acciedently hurt on purpose he looked amazing and a couple of people have now told me hes like a beast.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2010, 11:42:05 pm by mushRTID »
Wellred wrote:
I have never been convinced about our physio. Whenever we get any injuries it is rare that any players come back within a couple of weeks.
Maybe I am being unfair on the bloke but we do seem to suffer longer injuries than other clubs.

Actually, Shackell came back earlier that expected...... :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2010, 11:56:38 pm by RoversAlias »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Just thinking on, back 5 it is then.

Dumbuya   Matis   JOC  Lockwood  Friend

Stock

Copps         Woods

Brooker/Hayter

Sharp

Nah...JOC plays at right back in his actual position and we stick with 4-5-1. Obviously it depends on who we sign between now and then but I'd probably go with:

Sullivan

O'Connor
Martis
Lockwood
Friend

Stock
Coppinger
Gillett
Woods
Hayter

Sharp

Actually looking at that we're gonna need to make some signings, missing Oster AND Wilson in the middle isn't good.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 24, 2010, 12:15:33 am by RobTheRover »
Wilson will be back for the home game v Brizzle.  I actually thought Oster and Chambers would be out longer, so I'm delighted with 6 weeks!  :scarf:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 24, 2010, 08:44:52 am by CusworthRovers »
Reality check please:

Webster was amazing last season?.....hmmmmm, he hardly played. His best game was against Notts County, and then he just played good. He had a rough time at the lane and one or two cameo's. One for the future, but I wouldn't say amazing now. Far far from it.

Oster is amazing and key to our team........Let's not forget in the first half of the season, he was just another player in our engine room. He had good games, he had equally as many bad ones, just like the rest. He wasn't the stand out player in our team. Switching him to the middle made him a far better player for us and he became far more noticeable. However, we also have Stock likely to be back now, who imo is only able to play the CM role. He will be the one that holds and dictates and comes from deep with the ball. I cannot see Oster taking on this role whilst ever Stock is available for selection. Sean might just tweak things to allow Stock/Oster play together, but I'm not sure he will.

billywhitehurst

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 24, 2010, 09:35:53 am by billywhitehurst »
I agree oster was a class act last year and ran the game on many occassions, Wendies away springs to mind.  But with stock back, his loss can be covered.  

The biggest loss of all is Shack as we have nobody in defence as capable as him defending corners and set pieces (our huge achilies heel).  Locky and Hird are not the answer, not convinced but would love to be proven wrong about martis and webster.  A top class centre half and we could deffinately push for a playoff place.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 24, 2010, 01:26:17 pm by Wellred »
mushRTID wrote:
Wellred wrote:

Actually, Shackell came back earlier that expected...... :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Yes and had to come off not long into the game and missed the rest of the season.

Doesn't that say something?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 24, 2010, 01:33:22 pm by Superspy »
am i the only one who genuinely fears for the amount of penalties we will give away this season if lockwood/martis is our main centre back combo?

billywhitehurst

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 24, 2010, 05:40:51 pm by billywhitehurst »
No.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 24, 2010, 07:31:46 pm by scuzzer »
The good thing is that i cant believe for a second that they will be! If they are we're in the shit!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012