Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:21:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: THORNE SUMMER FAIR THIS WEEKEND  (Read 3469 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
THORNE SUMMER FAIR THIS WEEKEND
« on July 23, 2010, 10:30:17 pm by hoolahoop »
Just to remind you all that the Thorne and District Rovers Association (formerly TAMARA) will have a gazebo stand in Thorne Park over the 2 days.
We will be raffling  many items including a 'signed England shirt by Wayne Rooney' amongst many other excellent and unusual memorabilia There will of course be a Tombola stall over this period.
We would as usual welcome as many of our fellow supporters for a chat and to see what we are all about.
How to find us ? look for the Rovers flags flying from our flagpoles........please wear some form of colours for added impact.
:)  :)  :)

Just noticed this is my millenium post.  B)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re:THORNE SUMMER FAIR THIS WEEKEND
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2010, 11:33:20 pm by BobG »
In 2 hours 58 minutes the 'Owls Exclusive' thread has recieved 246 hits. In 55 minutes this thread has recieved 39.

Now, given the vast armada of threads on this site over the last 3 years bemoaning the lack of ticket sales, the need to 'do something', the uslessness of Rovers marketing and so on and so on, wouldn't it be nice for Hoola and his mates if just a few of those folk with the loud mouths, ready keyboards and no initiative at all would say 'Well done Hoola mate. Keep it up!'. Or I'll pop down to bring you a cuppa'. But no. They can't even read the f**king thread. Opinionated and idle doesn't even begin to decribe them.

BobG

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2010, 11:43:55 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Well thanks to you Hoola I now know the Thorne Summer Fair is on. We'll give it a visit, probably on the saturday. Cheers.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2010, 11:46:20 pm by Viking Don »
Well done Hoola, although we don't always agree, I always agree with your support of our club.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2010, 11:48:26 pm by mushRTID »
Bit harsh Bob. The title of the thread clearly gives away what's in it.

If people are not from Thorne or have other plans, why would they open it if they already knew it didnt concern them? Especially given that Hoola has already posted a few threads on it recently?

Never mind though, its a chance to have another 'pop' at other rovers fans, well thats the way it comes across.

Well done Hoola, by the way.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2010, 11:53:11 pm by hoolahoop »
Viking Don wrote:
Well done Hoola, although we don't always agree, I always agree with your support of our club.

Thanks fella for your support and we rarely fall out do we ?  ;)
Due to work commitments, I can't get there myself but there are a few who have worked damn hard to set this up and will be working bloody hard this weekend to do the club justice.
Any support even for a chat will be welcome from our supporters and we may be able to gain more interest in the area and hopefully more supporters to our cause. :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 24, 2010, 12:30:31 am by RobTheRover »
Just PM'd you with an idea, Hoola.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 24, 2010, 12:33:52 am by BobG »
mushRTID wrote:

Agreed Mush. But the very fact that the title of the thread clearly put folk off from reading it says everything you need to know about the commitment and lack of imagination of many folk on this forum.

Hoola and his gang will have worked bloodyhard to get this show on the road. It ain't easy. A simple 'thanks' or 'well done' would have been really rather nice for a few folk who have actually got off their arses and done something.

Cheers :)

BobG

VikingJames

« Reply #8 on July 24, 2010, 12:47:29 am by VikingJames »
BobG wrote:
mushRTID wrote:

Agreed Mush. But the very fact that the title of the thread clearly put folk off from reading it says everything you need to know about the commitment and lack of imagination of many folk on this forum.

Hoola and his gang will have worked bloodyhard to get this show on the road. It ain't easy. A simple 'thanks' or 'well done' would have been really rather nice for a few folk who have actually got off their arses and done something.

Cheers :)

BobG

\"Owls exclusive\" has 1 reply, this thread has 7 (now 8).

But lets not let misleading statistics get in the way of a good rant, eh?  :)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 24, 2010, 12:49:37 am by BobG »
Can't think why this thread has so many responses now.... Can you?

Bob

VikingJames

« Reply #10 on July 24, 2010, 12:52:23 am by VikingJames »
BobG wrote:
Can't think why this thread has so many responses now.... Can you?

Bob

Are you questioning the integrity of the replies from TWD, VikingDon and RTR?  ;)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 24, 2010, 01:29:28 am by Viking Don »
I only posted because I saw mi old fav Bob had. Simple as. So it's your fault Bob.  :P

More power to Hoola and the geezers doing the graft though. We always agree. Now. I agree with Nick.

Can I be a forum Statesman now? Does that qualify me? What else do I need to do?

Where do I collect my expenses?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 24, 2010, 01:47:34 am by BobG »
Hey Don! You always do make me chortle.....

And James. Not in the least. Along with the idle, the loud mouthed and the hangers on, there are always some diamonds too. You'd expect some to recognise what Hoola and friends are doing. It's the relative scarcity of them that appalls me.

Cheers

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 24, 2010, 08:34:58 am by Bentley Bullet »
Viking Don wrote:
I only posted because I saw mi old fav Bob had. Simple as. So it's your fault Bob.  :P

More power to Hoola and the geezers doing the graft though. We always agree. Now. I agree with Nick.

Can I be a forum Statesman now? Does that qualify me? What else do I need to do?

Where do I collect my expenses?

There might be some truth in the 'forum statesmen' theory. people are identifying themselves as candidates!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 24, 2010, 08:44:41 am by not on facebook »
i will be going to thorne fare on saturday

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 24, 2010, 06:14:14 pm by hoolahoop »
Thank you for everybody that has given us solid support both on the forum and with a bob(excuse the pun)or two today.
The folks on the stall were very busy, took some money but more importantly added much needed funds to our local club so that we can expand and assist both the SC and DRFC.
More importantly they created the profile that we once had in this town and made useful contacts/friends for the future.
Please don't forget we are 'open for business' tomorrow too.........see you there ?
We will be aiming to post photos as soon as possible of course.

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 24, 2010, 09:21:39 pm by keepmoatman »
my missus worked on a stall sat . we are both goin tomorrow ( sun )  :)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 24, 2010, 09:24:36 pm by hoolahoop »
keepmoatman wrote:
my missus worked on a stall sat . we are both goin tomorrow ( sun )  :)

You will see it , pop in for a chat and we can empty your pockets.  :laugh:

Signed England shirt bearing Rooney's signature is still up for grabs, well worth a quid or two to have the chance to win it.  ;)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 25, 2010, 12:54:29 am by CusworthRovers »
hoolahoop wrote:
Signed England shirt bearing Rooney's signature is still up for grabs, well worth a quid or two to have the chance to win it.  ;)

Orrrr gu on then you tight git, give me £2 and I'll take it off your hands...tsch

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 25, 2010, 07:35:55 am by Donnywolf »
I would glaldy pay £100 if the shirt was Rooneys LAST EVER England shirt

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 25, 2010, 08:15:11 am by hoolahoop »
DONNYWOLF wrote:
I would glaldy pay £100 if the shirt was Rooneys LAST EVER England shirt

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: I have heard it is , now about that ton of your's Big John ?
Seriously even dismissing his performance during the World Cup , I would have thought that this item would be very collectable ; especially to Manure supporters.
Come on you're local bang a deep sea diver in and you never know do you ? It can always raise significant monies on e-bay  should you happen to win it.  ;)  ;)
RTID

TinyPortal © 2005-2012