Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:04:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Daily briefing  (Read 12261 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Daily briefing
« on March 27, 2020, 05:55:49 pm by Filo »
Well done weasle Gove, avoided every question, we’re in a National Emergency and they wheel out this coke head!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Daily briefing
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2020, 06:21:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I see Gove is spending next week in discussions with the EU about Brexit details.

I'm literally lost for words.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2020, 06:25:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Well done weasle Gove, avoided every question, we’re in a National Emergency and they wheel out this coke head!

I have no idea of who they have who would do better? Not a Priti picture is it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2020, 09:03:31 pm by SydneyRover »
Gove appears to contradict himself by saying they are going to bring together a 'new alliance' to boost testing on front line workers that will start immediately in "trials" unless there's a lot cut from the video?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2020, 10:41:47 pm by Draytonian III »
The journalist from the Telegraph or Independent didn’t ask one question like the others have done he used it to slag the government off ,he wouldn’t have done if Boris had been there . It was disgraceful

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 29, 2020, 01:10:42 pm by foxbat »
Michael Gove under questioning:
The important thing is to look forward, not backwards.

Yeah, I bet! Cause if you look backwards you’ll see 10 years of austerity which has left us with a divided, threadbare society and inappropriate levels of preparation for the crisis we are in

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 29, 2020, 03:02:39 pm by bpoolrover »
What do people think of the way labours mayor has handled the situation?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 29, 2020, 03:17:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What do people think of the way labours mayor has handled the situation?

If they were interested there'd already be a thread about him. As it is, this is a thread about Gove's handling of the situation. Are you going to say anything about him or just lob in another attempt to deflect from the subject at hand?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 29, 2020, 03:19:15 pm by selby »
  If you call the mayor of London an absolute w**ker BR, the first thing that would be thrown at you would be that you are racial, in spite of him being one.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 29, 2020, 03:48:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby.

The first thing I would throw at you is a request to explain why you think him to be an absolute w**ker.

So that's f**ked your "racist" claim.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 29, 2020, 03:59:51 pm by selby »
  Well Billy, when I listened to a man on the radio explaining that he could no longer visit his terminally ill son because he could no longer afford the parking and congestion charges of over £220 pounds a week that a labour mayor imposes on people I decided he was a w**nker, among other reasons, including the way he has overseen London transport during this emergency which confirmed my view of the man.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 29, 2020, 04:23:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I love your ' I heard a bloke on the radio say...' claims.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 29, 2020, 04:33:42 pm by foxbat »
Boris Johnson says "British Spirit" will get us through the Covid 19 pandemic.

Dunno about you, but universal basic income, PPE for the NHS & a significant increase in ventilators would get me thru the pandemic.

"British Spirit" sounds like cross your fingers & hope you don't die.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 29, 2020, 04:37:28 pm by selby »
  It is just the same as quoting  The Guardian  Glynn without the shame and realisation it is a minority publication not many others bother to read the propaganda in it unlike the Daily Mail.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 29, 2020, 04:38:36 pm by wilts rover »
Anyone see Gove on the Sophie Ridge show this morning wittering away and avoiding answering the question he had been asked. She even said to him, twice, but thats not the question I asked you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 29, 2020, 04:45:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Is this another one of your Mike Graham radio show stories Selby?

And you DO know that Boris Johnson imposed the congestion charges in London?

And I assume you also are aware that they have the tube and buses all over London?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 29, 2020, 04:59:57 pm by drfchound »
Anyone see Gove on the Sophie Ridge show this morning wittering away and avoiding answering the question he had been asked. She even said to him, twice, but thats not the question I asked you.

Oh come on wilts........all politicians do that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 29, 2020, 05:00:23 pm by Filo »
I think these briefings are just a competition between ministers to see who can avoid answering as many questions as they can

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 29, 2020, 05:36:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  It is just the same as quoting  The Guardian  Glynn without the shame and realisation it is a minority publication not many others bother to read the propaganda in it unlike the Daily Mail.

Just the same, eh? Then you'll be able to give the the name of the person you're quoting then won't you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 29, 2020, 05:39:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Hound.

This is the biggest national emergency since WWII. Are you really just going to "meh" about politicians lying to you through this?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 29, 2020, 05:40:35 pm by drfchound »

Hound.

This is the biggest national emergency since WWII. Are you really just going to "meh" about politicians lying to you through this?

No, but I am being realistic about how politicians answer, or actually, don’t answer, questions.
Journalists are demanding answers that can’t be given because no one knows the answers yet.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 29, 2020, 05:54:11 pm by scawsby steve »
People on here politicising a national tragedy.

Shameful.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 29, 2020, 05:56:51 pm by Filo »

Shameful.

No they are not, they are pointing out the incompetence of our Government, you would get the same  criticism if it were a Labour Government

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 29, 2020, 05:58:06 pm by drfchound »

Shameful.

It has been building up over the last few days SS.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 29, 2020, 06:21:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Hound.

No, but I am being realistic about how politicians answer, or actually, don’t answer, questions.
Journalists are demanding answers that can’t be given because no one knows the answers yet.

Gove was asked repeatedly by Marr this morning if the Cabinet Office had received the e-mail from the EU inviting us to join in a concerted effort to produce and distribute PPE and ventilators. He refused to answer.

That is not an issue that he doesn't know the answer to. Or if it is, he is unfit to continue as the minister in charge of the Cabinet Office.

This is a time where the population needs to be able to trust politicians. Gove has made a career out of lying and evading  and he was lying and evading today. That is utterly inexcusable.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 29, 2020, 07:11:40 pm by wilts rover »
Gove said this morning the government were now carrying out 10000 tests per day - todays figures show they carried out under 7000 yesterday.

He was asked if he could guarantee if all NHS workers now had PPE equipment - he avoided the answer

He was asked how the government had managed to miss the email from the EU about ventilator procurement - he avoided the answer

He was asked why the government had contacted Dyson & JCB about making ventilators - yet not replied to two companies who already manufacture ventilators who had contacted them to offer their supplies - he avoided the answer

(here's the guy from MEC Medical on Newsnight last week https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1242949236762738692)

If you don't think the British public deserve answers to those questions - welcome to North Korea
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:20:26 pm by wilts rover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 29, 2020, 07:39:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Shameful.

No they are not, they are pointing out the incompetence of our Government, you would get the same  criticism if it were a Labour Government

Funny how those who moan about 'politicising' are those you'd bet on screaming blue murder the loudest if it had been Jeremy Corbyn presiding over such a shambles.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 29, 2020, 07:42:06 pm by drfchound »

Shameful.

Funny how those who moan about 'politicising' are those you'd bet on screaming blue murder the loudest if it had been Jeremy Corbyn presiding over such a shambles.

Perhaps it would have been expected.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 29, 2020, 07:43:47 pm by Filo »

Shameful.

Perhaps it would have been expected.

On what basis do you come to that conclusion?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 29, 2020, 07:44:54 pm by drfchound »
Just my opinion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012