Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:24:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £315 for 15 games  (Read 6706 times)

john_donc857

• Forum Member
£315 for 15 games
« on July 31, 2011, 03:52:20 pm by john_donc857 »
No thanks! that still works out at £21 agame. Were's the incentive there can anyone tell me. As early as the bristol city game you can get an adult ticket for £15 and a kids one for £1 with a leaflet from school so why bother paying silly money like that up front.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
Re: £315 for 15 games
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2011, 03:57:22 pm by DonnyRTID »
well dont then!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2011, 03:59:43 pm by Filo »
If you had been a bit more savvy and you were n`t a STH from last season, under the club scout scheme you could have got all 23 home games for £220!

as a matter of interest, how much would you like to pay for a Championship fixture?

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2011, 04:08:46 pm by john_donc857 »
I'd pay £15 a game no problem. 2 adult tickets and 2 kids with a programme and something to eat i'd be looking at the best part of 60 notes. Just about acceptable

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2011, 04:11:49 pm by Filo »
I think you`re living in cloud cuckoo land, how do you expect the club to remain competitive with those prices, you`ll be lucky if you could get into a League 2 game for that

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2011, 04:16:08 pm by john_donc857 »
If i'd been a bit more savvy i could have got 23 games for £220. less than a tenner a game i do believe. how do you expect the club to remain competitive with prices like that i ask

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2011, 04:19:19 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=171049
If i'd been a bit more savvy i could have got 23 games for £220. less than a tenner a game i do believe. how do you expect the club to remain competitive with prices like that i ask

I don`t, but luckily we have alot of supporters that or not savvy enough to realise!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2011, 04:21:31 pm by eastender »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=171043
No thanks! that still works out at £21 agame. Were's the incentive there can anyone tell me. As early as the bristol city game you can get an adult ticket for £15 and a kids one for £1 with a leaflet from school so why bother paying silly money like that up front.

Yes i can tell you the incentive.

£21 is the exact price i paid on pay per game during the 2007/8 season in league 1 in cat B seats.

You get to sit in Cat A seats for the same price at championship level ,nuff said.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2011, 04:30:35 pm by john_donc857 »
I don't who your trying to kid but i for one know of at least a dozen regular  season ticket holders who have not renewed because of this silly club scout thing. Its been a disaster and will cost the club thousands in the long run. Wake up! the average fan was quite happy renewing by the end of june, i know i was. Some bright spark decided they new better and moved the goal posts. Very costly mistake i know it and so do you. see u at brighton on saturday

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2011, 04:32:27 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=171053
I don't who your trying to kid but i for one know of at least a dozen regular  season ticket holders who have not renewed because of this silly club scout thing. Its been a disaster and will cost the club thousands in the long run. Wake up! the average fan was quite happy renewing by the end of june, i know i was. Some bright spark decided they new better and moved the goal posts. Very costly mistake i know it and so do you. see u at brighton on saturday

Get real John. Do you think anyone on here is going to actually say the club scout idea was a mistake?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2011, 04:37:56 pm by RobTheRover »
John was a STH last year, I think he posted as such in another thread.  Even so, bringing in a friend or offering to scout someone on here could have reaped a reward to soften the blow.

Plus, early bird tickets for the south stand could have been had with the installment plan for a shade over 100 quid a month x 3 months.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2011, 04:47:17 pm by eastender »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=171055
John was a STH last year, I think he posted as such in another thread.  Even so, bringing in a friend or offering to scout someone on here could have reaped a reward to soften the blow.

Plus, early bird tickets for the south stand could have been had with the installment plan for a shade over 100 quid a month x 3 months.

So why isn't he a STH this year ,a Cat B season ticket at early bird prices works out at £17.40 a game , a big saving on the 15 game multiticket at £21 and a massive saving on the £27 pay on the day.:huh:

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2011, 04:47:38 pm by john_donc857 »
Wellred I've not seen the exact figures but for it to have been a success financially we must have a lot more season ticket holders than we had last season. If we've got the same as last year then surely for every new season ticket holder we've gained we've lost an old one

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2011, 04:51:29 pm by Wellred »
Whilst it will probably never be revealed I would imagine it has been a financial disaster.
Two of my friends who have been regular season ticket holders did not renew this year but instead got their sons in law who have no interest in Rovers to buy season tickets under the club scout scheme. Guess who will be using those season tickets?

atick45

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2011, 04:51:35 pm by atick45 »
Tell you what dont buy a programme and youre only there 1and a half hours feed the kids before you go and you ll have change from 60 pds. Your going to watch footy not out for a meal. You can always go to macdonlds later now that is a rip off.....

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2011, 05:12:42 pm by john_donc857 »
Wellred I know it could have been so easy not to renew and get a season ticket holder to get me one half price. It wasn't an option in my eyes. Having spent all my mid to late teens following  the rovers, then growing away football for many of years before getting the old  spark back  in that game at stoke and along with my son and nethew being a season ticket holder ever since i just wanted the same deal as last year really. I think i'm speaking for a few people really when i say your average season ticket holder feels a little hard done by

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2011, 05:30:11 pm by Mr1Croft »

Honestly now, what dozen of regular season ticket holders do you know that all turned to you and said:

\"I'm happy with all the offers last season. I'm happy with the price hike. I'm happy with last season's performance; but do you know what? I'm p*ssed off with this club scout thing. Rewarding fans for getting someone to watch football? And They want to me to buy a season ticket early at a discounted price! You know what I say? F*ck off!\"

Also what has June got to do with the club scout scheme? What world do you live on? I haven't got a season ticket and were all entitled to our own choice, but £21 a match for 15 games is a decent deal, and you'll be lucky to get to another championship match across the country for that.

Comes down to whether you want us to compete in the Championship or just reverse the 10 year process JR and Ian McMahon triggered to get us here (Conference to Championship 1998-2008).

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2011, 05:38:19 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=171081

Honestly now, what dozen of regular season ticket holders do you know that all turned to you and said:

\"I'm happy with all the offers last season. I'm happy with the price hike. I'm happy with last season's performance; but do you know what? I'm p*ssed off with this club scout thing. Rewarding fans for getting someone to watch football? And They want to me to buy a season ticket early at a discounted price! You know what I say? F*ck off!\"

Also what has June got to do with the club scout scheme? What world do you live on? I haven't got a season ticket and were all entitled to our own choice, but £21 a match for 15 games is a decent deal, and you'll be lucky to get to another championship match across the country for that.

Comes down to whether you want us to compete in the Championship or just reverse the 10 year process JR and Ian McMahon triggered to get us here (Conference to Championship 1998-2008).

and the point you are trying to make is?

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 31, 2011, 05:39:47 pm by Standanista »
The Club Scout discount season ticket was a real bargain, but I still reckon £315 for 15 games is a good deal, bearing in mind you can use two vouchers per game.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 31, 2011, 05:59:45 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=171084

The point is the lad can easily afford the away trip and ticket for the Brighton game.......end of story.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 31, 2011, 06:02:12 pm by john_donc857 »
Mr1croft i'm afraid you've lost me. I was paying £270 for championsip football in cat c not so long ago at the start of the recession. Now i don't know about your wages but i'll tell you now mines exactly the same as it was back then. I know the price of food and petrol as gone sky high but to me there nesseities. Football isn't

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 31, 2011, 06:08:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The Club Scout discount went too far and was a big surprise to many of us. Certainly it provides a major discount however, by virtue of idea of the scheme it was/is not available to everyone.

It would have been better to offer more modest discounts across the board which still, would have brought in more revenue. Revenue is everything to the club. The price rises were totally unecessary  and I still cannot see the point.

Given where we are the Flexi-ticket is the next best thing, providing a decent discount on the full match day price. (Just a pity, DRFC put up another barrier to sales again by excluding West Ham & Leeds)

I just wonder whether all ex ST holders have been alerted by the club about the Flexi Ticket.

What sickens me is when I drive home after the game and I see kids in their Rovers shirts playing on the local park who have obviously not been to the game. This cannot be right !

The fight goes on, except I'm getting a bit punch drunk by now.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 31, 2011, 06:09:16 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=171090

The point is the lad can easily afford the away trip and ticket for the Brighton game.......end of story.

I seemed to have missed the announcement where you was appointed site censor Hoola?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 31, 2011, 06:10:29 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=171091
Mr1croft i'm afraid you've lost me. I was paying £270 for championsip football in cat c not so long ago at the start of the recession. Now i don't know about your wages but i'll tell you now mines exactly the same as it was back then. I know the price of food and petrol as gone sky high but to me there nesseities. Football isn't

It's the same for everyone john and has been discussed ad infinitum now it's becoming ad nauseum.
You want a team , you/we have to pay for it. Just like you can afford the 60 sheets you will have to spend going to Brighton , are you taking the piss deliberately here ? :angry:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 31, 2011, 06:10:59 pm by MrFrost »
This season ticket moaning is getting a bit old now.
Kind of like us maoning about the Rovers marketing. Its never gonna change so we are better off just getting on with things. We have tried as fans to influence how the club marketing and price certain things, but 90% of the time it falls on deaf ears.

The club scout scheme was a fantastic idea, unfortunately it wasn't marketed at all. Too late now to change things for this season unfortunately. Will lessons be learned? Highly doubtful.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 31, 2011, 06:17:48 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=171092
The Club Scout discount went too far and was a big surprise to many of us. Certainly it provides a major discount however, by virtue of idea of the scheme it was/is not available to everyone.

It would have been better to offer more modest discounts across the board which still, would have brought in more revenue. Revenue is everything to the club. The price rises were totally unecessary  and I still cannot see the point.

Given where we are the Flexi-ticket is the next best thing, providing a decent discount on the full match day price. (Just a pity, DRFC put up another barrier to sales again by excluding West Ham & Leeds)

I just wonder whether all ex ST holders have been alerted by the club about the Flexi Ticket.

What sickens me is when I drive home after the game and I see kids in their Rovers shirts playing on the local park who have obviously not been to the game. This cannot be right !

The fight goes on, except I'm getting a bit punch drunk by now.

I agree with nearly all of that.  All I would differ on is with the West Ham and Leeds games situation.  It's surely nailed-on that both these games will sell out regardless, plus anybody keen enough to get the 15 game ticket book will probably go to these games as well, making it 17 games' worth of revenue from that customer.  As you say, revenue is what it's all about.

donny_dog1979

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 31, 2011, 06:17:55 pm by donny_dog1979 »
im with you john ,ive not renewed and know another 6-7 season ticket holders not renewed,i will wait for the cheap tickets, and pick and choose my games, plus it was either a season ticket or go on holiday with the gf and kids cant afford everything with the recesion

just cant help feel that theres not much incentive to be a season ticket holder anymore

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 31, 2011, 06:18:02 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=171093
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=171090

I seemed to have missed the announcement where you was appointed site censor Hoola?

How am I censoring him Wellred, 'end of story' is just a turn of phrase and well you know it......you're banned. ;)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 31, 2011, 06:23:41 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=171096
This season ticket moaning is getting a bit old now.
Kind of like us maoning about the Rovers marketing. Its never gonna change so we are better off just getting on with things. We have tried as fans to influence how the club marketing and price certain things, but 90% of the time it falls on deaf ears.

The club scout scheme was a fantastic idea, unfortunately it wasn't marketed at all. Too late now to change things for this season unfortunately. Will lessons be learned? Highly doubtful.

I'm sorry Frosty but I disagree that the club scout scheme was a fantastic idea which wasn't marketed.

How exactly would you have marketed it?

All season ticket holders were advised about the scheme so are you saying it should have been promoted elsewhere?

How would it have been advertised?

It was a half baked idea which will cost the club thousands in revenue and hasn't increased season ticket numbers at all.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 31, 2011, 06:23:46 pm by john_donc857 »
Donnybazrover sense at last. The only reason i knew about the flexi ticket was by coming on this forum. Last season when results started going against us unless there was an offer on it was just season ticket holders turning up for the games. People of doncaster cannot afford to pay £27 a game. I thought the club had done well over the last few years and built up a decent fan base. Rome wasn't built in a day. The decisions on pricing this season as set this club back years. madness they call it madness

TinyPortal © 2005-2012