Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:38:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £315 for 15 games  (Read 6707 times)

john_donc857

• Forum Member
Re: £315 for 15 games
« Reply #30 on July 31, 2011, 06:39:14 pm by john_donc857 »
donny_dog1979 thanks for that. I'm off down to newquay with the mrs and kids mid august for 2 weeks. Would never off done that in the past at the start of the football season. The clubs let its loyal season ticket holders down this season simple as. Why should we(A) have to renew our season tickets 3 months earlier or (b) have to introduce a freind

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 31, 2011, 06:39:19 pm by Red wizard »
If we start doing well then they will be back. My mine worry is how long is Jr and the keepmoat 2 going to stay when the donny public won't come to games. Also i don't think there will be many offer's this year.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 31, 2011, 06:48:15 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=171100
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=171096
This season ticket moaning is getting a bit old now.
Kind of like us maoning about the Rovers marketing. Its never gonna change so we are better off just getting on with things. We have tried as fans to influence how the club marketing and price certain things, but 90% of the time it falls on deaf ears.

The club scout scheme was a fantastic idea, unfortunately it wasn't marketed at all. Too late now to change things for this season unfortunately. Will lessons be learned? Highly doubtful.

I'm sorry Frosty but I disagree that the club scout scheme was a fantastic idea which wasn't marketed.

How exactly would you have marketed it?

All season ticket holders were advised about the scheme so are you saying it should have been promoted elsewhere?

How would it have been advertised?

It was a half baked idea which will cost the club thousands in revenue and hasn't increased season ticket numbers at all.

They could have started by targetting previous sdeason ticket holders. There were a good few thousand from previous seasons.

Local press adverts, social media. The commercial department are always advertising here there and everywhere, but you see nothing for your run of the mill fans.

Are you seriously praising the clubs marketing set up?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 31, 2011, 06:50:49 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"donny_dog1979\" post=171098
im with you john ,ive not renewed and know another 6-7 season ticket holders not renewed,i will wait for the cheap tickets, and pick and choose my games, plus it was either a season ticket or go on holiday with the gf and kids cant afford everything with the recesion

just cant help feel that theres not much incentive to be a season ticket holder anymore

And if there aren't any \"cheap tickets\"? I can't see the club doing that again, at least not on the scale of last season. Bearing in mind people were moaning when prices were £15, despite this being advertised as a Cat C ticket before the season even started.

You do realise, the recession ended 18 months + ago don't you?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 31, 2011, 06:58:05 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=171107
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=171100
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=171096
This season ticket moaning is getting a bit old now.
Kind of like us maoning about the Rovers marketing. Its never gonna change so we are better off just getting on with things. We have tried as fans to influence how the club marketing and price certain things, but 90% of the time it falls on deaf ears.

The club scout scheme was a fantastic idea, unfortunately it wasn't marketed at all. Too late now to change things for this season unfortunately. Will lessons be learned? Highly doubtful.

I'm sorry Frosty but I disagree that the club scout scheme was a fantastic idea which wasn't marketed.

How exactly would you have marketed it?

All season ticket holders were advised about the scheme so are you saying it should have been promoted elsewhere?

How would it have been advertised?

It was a half baked idea which will cost the club thousands in revenue and hasn't increased season ticket numbers at all.

They could have started by targetting previous sdeason ticket holders. There were a good few thousand from previous seasons.

Local press adverts, social media. The commercial department are always advertising here there and everywhere, but you see nothing for your run of the mill fans.

Are you seriously praising the clubs marketing set up?

Of course I am not praising the clubs marketing set up.
What I am asking you is how you would have promoted the half baked scout idea. You can only really promote it to existing Season ticket holders to get new fans signed up.

You could hardly put an advert in the paper saying. \"Get someone to agree to give you half your money back if you buy a season ticket\" can you?

The whole idea wasn't thought through properly and it has resulted in a big decrease in income for the club when we can least afford it.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 31, 2011, 06:59:18 pm by john_donc857 »
Red wizard. There's not long to wait for the cheap tickets. 3rd game in infact. Bristol city at home already going around the schools at £15 for adults and £1 for kids.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 31, 2011, 07:00:18 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
£21 per game is nothing to what your heros Leeds united :ohmy:

Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=171043
No thanks! that still works out at £21 agame. Were's the incentive there can anyone tell me. As early as the bristol city game you can get an adult ticket for £15 and a kids one for £1 with a leaflet from school so why bother paying silly money like that up front.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 31, 2011, 07:00:45 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=171108
im with you john ,ive not renewed and know another 6-7 season ticket holders not renewed,i will wait for the cheap tickets, and pick and choose my games, plus it was either a season ticket or go on holiday with the gf and kids cant afford everything with the recesion

just cant help feel that theres not much incentive to be a season ticket holder anymore

And if there aren't any \"cheap tickets\"? I can't see the club doing that again, at least not on the scale of last season. Bearing in mind people were moaning when prices were £15, despite this being advertised as a Cat C ticket before the season even started.

I thought the recession ended with the arrival of the condem government didn't it? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 31, 2011, 07:04:42 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=171113
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=171108

I thought the recession ended with the arrival of the condem government didn't it? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Did I say that?
Fact is we are not in a recession, and people need to stop using the term as an excuse, when they clearly don't know what it means.

I'm not saying times aren't hard, but we aren't in a recession.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 31, 2011, 07:17:50 pm by john_donc857 »
hoolahoop thanks for your concerns about my finances but really there's no need. My budget for this year for me and the lad was £370, same as last year. Forget about the 3 monthly payments it wasn't an option. A family holiday comes before football every time. Getting the money together by the end of june was hard enough. This march deadline just killed it off

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 31, 2011, 07:18:02 pm by coventryrover »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=171104
donny_dog1979 thanks for that. I'm off down to newquay with the mrs and kids mid august for 2 weeks. Would never off done that in the past at the start of the football season. The clubs let its loyal season ticket holders down this season simple as. Why should we(A) have to renew our season tickets 3 months earlier or (b) have to introduce a freind

you dont HAVE to introduce a friend.  its called an INCENTIVE, whereas you save money ffs

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 31, 2011, 07:20:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's surely nailed-on that both these games will sell out regardless

Mmmm. Assuming both West Ham and Leeds sell 3300, plus 5000 ST holders = 8500.

That means Rovers will have to shift 6500 match day tickets at £27 & £11 kids?  

Plus with Leeds game now being on TV on a Friday it ain't going to happen. 11000 tops (unless, we are in top 6)

So, with tickets being offered though schools for Bristol game, cheap tickets are being offered by stealth?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 31, 2011, 07:25:01 pm by coventryrover »
I cant afford to go to every game...just go to ones that you can

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 31, 2011, 07:43:18 pm by Superspy »
I'm confused here. I totally understand if people aren't happy with the price of football in general, as it is quite simply ridiculous.... but am I right in thinking this thread was made to complain about the fact the club have made a discounted flexi ticket to try and ease the burden for people a bit? Something a bit arse about face about that one surely...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 31, 2011, 07:53:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Assuming I scouted john_donc857 up on early bird prices, mine at £440 and his at £340 and split the saving of £170 = total spend £610.

Now, I would have been happy, in fact over the moon, if my Cat A seat was priced at £399, and I'm sure many in Cat B (everywhere else) would have seen £299 as exceptional value.  Total spend = £698.

Which of the above represents the best option for both club and fan?

I bet john_donc857 represents a fair cross section of absent ST holders and it's these that that club need to appeal to. Think of the number lost £300s we could have had !

Sorry to go on folks, I swear this is my last word on the subject. On with the football.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 31, 2011, 07:57:03 pm by john_donc857 »
No pal they've made a discounted flexi ticket to try and cover the disastrous season ticket sales. It won't work because season ticket holders have realised it won't cost them much more paying game by game

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 31, 2011, 07:59:38 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=171132
No pal they've made a discounted flexi ticket to try and cover the disastrous season ticket sales. It won't work because season ticket holders have realised it won't cost them much more paying game by game

Oh, so to clarify then. What you're saying is that there is a group of season ticket holders who believe that paying game by game will cost them less in the long term than £21 per game?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 31, 2011, 08:01:36 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
lot of problem there's not a lot of money spare but £21 per games is excellent of course you could have had £15 per game by ST in south stand paid by 3 installments.....in may just saying:clapping:

Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=171132

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 31, 2011, 08:04:26 pm by Wellred »
You know your posts would be so much easier to follow if you wrote them in English Nobby.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 31, 2011, 08:08:19 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Another point is that the Brighton tickets are going a bomb but as I stated most of you must be paying in excess of £300 for one game (weekend stay) which Rovers do not get a penny....I think you know the next debate?

Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=171137
You know your posts would be so much easier to follow if you wrote them in English Nobby.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 31, 2011, 08:12:11 pm by john_donc857 »
Well like i've said in previous posts i've got £370 to spend on me and the lad. I'm away for the 1st 2 games and the 3rd one is £15 for adults and a quid a kid. I'm led to believe that leeds at home is on telly so that leaves me £354 for the last 19 games. lets see how far it gets me

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 31, 2011, 08:14:47 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Why do people complain when it's dear and when it's cheap?
End of they day. If you want to see this club progress more. Dig deep and save up. Remember good football comes at a dear price.
I know many people on here who say I wouldn't go to rovers if I had to pay 20+ quid. But there more than happy paying 30 for Leeds. 26 for derby. 28 for Ipswich etc etc. So they rather pay money to another club than drfc? Strange people.
Some people on here still live in the days where it was cheap to go to football. It's not now. fact. Not going to change either.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 31, 2011, 08:16:17 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=171138
Another point is that the Brighton tickets are going a bomb but as I stated most of you must be paying in excess of £300 for one game (weekend stay) which Rovers do not get a penny....I think you know the next debate?

and what is the relevance in that Nobby? Virtually all the Brighton tickets have been bought by season ticket holders.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 31, 2011, 08:23:28 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=171141

and what is the relevance in that Nobby? Virtually all the Brighton tickets have been bought by season ticket holders.

What on earth is a 'nobby'? It sounds ridiculous.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 31, 2011, 08:26:20 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=171139
Well like i've said in previous posts i've got £370 to spend on me and the lad. I'm away for the 1st 2 games and the 3rd one is £15 for adults and a quid a kid. I'm led to believe that leeds at home is on telly so that leaves me £354 for the last 19 games. lets see how far it gets me

are you referring to Bristol City? I haven't seen anywhere that says it's £15 and quid-a-kid, I've seen something that says if you get vouchers from The Sun you can get 2 tickets for £19.50.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 31, 2011, 08:30:33 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=171144

I presume you are relatively new to this forum.
If you don't understand what is being said it is sometimes better to keep quiet rather than make yourself look a plonker. Don't you agree Nobby ;-)

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 31, 2011, 08:37:37 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=171149

If you don't understand what is being said it is sometimes better to keep quiet rather than make yourself look a plonker. Don't you agree Nobby ;-)

Suppose I should Barry :/

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 31, 2011, 08:49:31 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Yes i was nobby but one night in the early noughties and had too much too drink and started coming out with some naughty words ....so got a 3 year banning order!:woohoo:

Grown up a little and in main try and come out with positive stuff without the F/C's!!!!

Me and Wellred hated each other since time begun!

Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=171153
Another point is that the Brighton tickets are going a bomb but as I stated most of you must be paying in excess of £300 for one game (weekend stay) which Rovers do not get a

penny....I think you know the next debate?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 31, 2011, 09:06:55 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=171155
Yes i was nobby but one night in the early noughties and had too much too drink and started coming out with some naughty words ....so got a 3 year banning order!:woohoo:

Grown up a little and in main try and come out with positive stuff without the F/C's!!!!

Me and Wellred hated each other since time begun!

Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=171153
Another point is that the Brighton tickets are going a bomb but as I stated most of you must be paying in excess of £300 for one game (weekend stay) which Rovers do not get a

penny....I think you know the next debate?

Hate is a very strong word Nobby. I don't hate you, I enjoy our sparring and disagreeing with you on virtually everything you post. I still think Dave Penney's timing was right when  getting rid of your all time favourite rovers player as well.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 31, 2011, 09:22:10 pm by john_donc857 »
Who was his all time favourite player that penney got rid off. Here's my top 3  tips foster ryan and doolan

TinyPortal © 2005-2012