Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:39:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £36  (Read 12194 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: £36
« Reply #30 on March 11, 2014, 11:30:26 pm by bpoolrover »
Maybe they see them more as rivals than we do

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 11, 2014, 11:31:09 pm by Mr1Croft »
Nice one Mr Croft..

Seriously though I agree with your post and many others. Whilst we can expect higher prices when were in the PL the point is we're not, and are only visiting a stadium whose facilities are sub-standard at best when compared to the rest of the leagues and isn't worthy of a 50% price increase of what away fans pay at the Keepmoat...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 11, 2014, 11:31:36 pm by MrFrost »

I wonder who we see as rivals, as it's a long time since we took a really big following anywhere.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 11, 2014, 11:33:08 pm by IDM »
All clubs fans moan about the prices me frost it would be interesting to see how many more fans wud have gone had it been 25 not 36 quid

If the Leeds tickets were £25 I would be more likely to go, not guaranteed, but much more likely as I could choose between there or Forest or the home game in between.  At £36, no way.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 11, 2014, 11:34:55 pm by RedJ »

I wonder who we see as rivals, as it's a long time since we took a really big following anywhere.

Well we sold out the friendly against Rotherham and the game against Scunthorpe.

They're probably our natural rivals, I'd say.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 11, 2014, 11:36:33 pm by silent majority »
Mr Frost,

Will you be going?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 11, 2014, 11:38:28 pm by MrFrost »

Malc Morling

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 11, 2014, 11:51:30 pm by Malc Morling »
Sorry but i remember the 2 cup games we wanted to charge £10 but Master Bates forced us to charge £15 & still wanted us to charge more So Elland Road can b Shoved where the sun don' ir:t shine for me  :saywhat:

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 11, 2014, 11:54:18 pm by LincsRover »
£36 is ridiculous to get into the run down sh*thole that is ER, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I missed a TLO Donny win against the European champions at their place! I'll be there!

:boxing:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 12, 2014, 12:14:23 am by bobjimwilly »
How many clubs at this level charge 20 quid?
Like someone has pointed out, if we ever get to the Premiership, I guess our away followings will be pretty much nil.

I didn't say that many do. I just said twenty's plenty. And you'll also find that if were ever in the premier league we'd be in the lowest price category for away tickets and would pay similar prices to what we pay in the championship, if not less.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 12, 2014, 12:30:30 am by Dare to dream! »
I think the prices are ridiculous but I'll probably go because i fear missing an away win at Leeds again.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 12, 2014, 11:03:23 am by silent majority »
Twenty's plenty; £36 is plenty taking the p*ss. I applaud those who are dedicated enough to fork out, but clubs like Leeds need to learn they can't rip fans off forever.

How many clubs at this level charge 20 quid?
Like someone has pointed out, if we ever get to the Premiership, I guess our away followings will be pretty much nil.

You see the sad thing is that everybody trying to justify the £36 that Leeds will charge are just prolonging the away fan demise in this country. Clubs love supporters who keep paying those ridiculous prices, it saves them having to do anything about it. Everybody knows that's far too much, including the clubs. The PL and the FL are so concerned that they've both launched projects this season to halt the decline in away fan attendance.

It's nothing to do with loyalty or anybody's commitment to following their team come hell or high water. It's about meeting the demand at the correct price point, and £36 for second tier football in a crumbling old stadium is excessive, no excuses.

And in answer to your question Mr Frost. Let me tell you that there are plenty of clubs that charge twenty pounds or less. Wigan is a good example at £15, Middlesborough at £12, Barnsley slightly more at £23, and good old Donny Rovers at £23 etc etc.

And in the Premiership you have Newcastle, Hull, Swansea, WBA all charging twenty or less, in some cases just £15. Manchester Utd have taken £5 off the price of away tickets for their fans and numerous other clubs have followed suit. Furthermore the penalty of having the away club having to buy tickets on a sale and non-return basis has been ended.

There are plenty of clubs who have recognised the contribution of away fans to any ground and the atmosphere that ensues. Justifying £36 by any club or individual, no matter how close the distance, just reinforces the injustice served up on football supporters and penalises their loyalty. It wouldn't happen in Germany.

PS - the Twenty's Plenty petition is here;

http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/20plenty/

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:12:02 am by silent majority »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 12, 2014, 11:09:46 am by IDM »
 :that:

In some respects I am glad I probably can't afford to go anyway, even at £25 (which I would deem acceptable).  Takes away any dilemma I would have over paying £36.

After last night's win I would much prefer to go to Forest - at least at their price I am more tempted even if I still may miss out.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on March 12, 2014, 12:48:31 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I think it's a lot more of not wanting to give Leeds United my money tbh.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 12, 2014, 01:00:15 pm by Muttley »
For me, it's about the principle (something that the Sky TV generation seem to have lost sight of, just pay what you're told and not question the value or the rights and wrongs) - £36 is simply too expensive for a second division football match.

Personally I think that Twenty's too low and Twenty-five is more realistic (but then that wouldn't be a catchy slogan!)

And the argument that it's close so travel costs are low is ridiculous - does that mean that Yeovil should charge Bristol City fans less for the match ticket because they are local?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 12, 2014, 01:22:39 pm by roversdude »
Get an under 15 ticket never seen anyone check (assuming they still have automatic turnstile)

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 12, 2014, 01:27:00 pm by Tokyos Boot »
All clubs fans moan about the prices me frost it would be interesting to see how many more fans wud have gone had it been 25 not 36 quid

I would, thats for sure!

I literally can't justify going to Elland Road every week - its just not financially worth it in my opinion!

I consider myself hugely passionate about Rovers, but i wouldn't go to the KMS if it were more than £30 a ticket... there IS a maximum price on my passion, i'm not stupid, nor rich enough to blindly throw as much money as they want at an hour and half of (sort of) entertainment.

Translate it in to real life money, and other items and see if its worth it?

Look at these two options: 8 pints (at say 3.00 a pop), a kebab and chips and a night to remember with your mates: 5 hours entertainment. (plus the chance of a couple more 'opportunities'.) AND money left over

An hour and half in the cold in Leeds, with a potential chance to leave pissed off and miserable.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 12, 2014, 01:30:25 pm by IDM »
[(plus the chance of a couple more 'opportunities'.)

A "couple"more opportunities - where do you go out? ;)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 12, 2014, 02:00:38 pm by Jenny »
Get an under 15 ticket never seen anyone check (assuming they still have automatic turnstile)

Wouldn't risk it at Elland Road, I know of Rovers fans who have been kicked out on junior and or concession tickets when they can't prove their age and no opportunity to 'upgrade' either, just a straight ejection so another £36 if you want to get back in.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 12, 2014, 04:48:25 pm by normal rules »
Don't forget not everyone lives in or near Doncaster.  It is more expensive for me to get to Leeds.

£36 is too much for this fixture, only £4 less than I paid at Wembley.  If it was a winner takes all game like Brentford, then maybe.  I couldn't afford to come tonight as well as last Saturday, with Forest away being a possibility for me - that match is £25.

I live in Oxfordshire, The majority are Donny based and I was showing it as an example. Would the reaction be the same if Rovers did ever get into the Premier League and tickets are £40+ at most grounds?

I think many use the cost as an excuse. It is the only game every time it comes around that people moan about the pricing away.

People boycotted Wednesday because it was £28.

YES IT WAS 28 QUID - A 43 PERCENT INCREASE ON THE GAME WE PLAYED THEM A COUPLE OF SEASONS PREVIOUS. THE RESULT - 8000 LESS SUPPORTERS THERE.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 12, 2014, 04:49:19 pm by Filo »
Does your caps lock button work?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 12, 2014, 04:55:37 pm by normal rules »
I don't know Mr Frost.

What I do know, is in recent weeks my 10 game multi ticket I bought in August has run out, I got my ST for next season whilst I could afford it.  Now since then my other half is no longer earning, I am struggling to justify £23 for 2 home games in 4 days before an away fixture I would usually go to at £25, before another home game etc...Add the Leeds game and that's over £100 in 3 weeks, and even more if I bring family. 

What are Leeds doing that may tempt me to spend my small amount of spare cash at Elland Road rather than at the City Ground, or the KM?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying £36 is value for money to watch a game at this level, the last time we played there we took less than 500, i'm guessing it will be similar number this time. I use Barnsley as an example, being our nearest rivals, a similar sized town, simliar average wage.

MR FROST, I AM GUESSING YOU WERE THERE WHEN WE BEAT THEM 1-0 WHEN STOCK SCORED. YOU WILL RECALL WE TOOK ABOUT 3 AND A HALF THOUSAND THAT DAY, BALLOONS AND ALL, AND WHAT A DAY IT WAS.
IT COST 20 QUID FOR ME AND A FIVER FOR MY LAD. THERE WAS 33000 THERE.

ENOUGH SAID.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 12, 2014, 04:56:45 pm by normal rules »
sorry for caps lock, not intentional, not shouting or anything :)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 12, 2014, 07:37:17 pm by Mr1Croft »
And in answer to your question Mr Frost. Let me tell you that there are plenty of clubs that charge twenty pounds or less. Wigan is a good example at £15, Middlesborough at £12, Barnsley slightly more at £23, and good old Donny Rovers at £23 etc etc.

I agree with the majority of your post SM but it is worth noting that the standard price for away fans at Middlesboro is £27 this season, our fixtures (among others) was a special promotion.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131211-middlesbrough-away-tickets-on-sale-1230274.aspx

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/140i7vxq93lpg1j2lif0rrpw91/title/boro-away-ticket-info

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 12, 2014, 07:47:39 pm by BigColSutherland »

I agree with the majority of your post SM but it is worth noting that the standard price for away fans at Middlesboro is £27 this season, our fixtures (among others) was a special promotion.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131211-middlesbrough-away-tickets-on-sale-1230274.aspx

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/140i7vxq93lpg1j2lif0rrpw91/title/boro-away-ticket-info
So only one of those "plenty of clubs" charge less £20 or less?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 12, 2014, 08:26:54 pm by silent majority »
It wasn't an exhaustive list Col. Did you add in the PL clubs I mentioned too? The point is of course that £36 is the exception not the rule.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 12, 2014, 08:41:18 pm by aidanstu »
I won't be going. Although I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it I wouldn't pay that price to see any second tier team play in a run down stadium. The price of attending football matches is  ridiculous and will only continue if folks are daft enough to pay it

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 12, 2014, 08:54:05 pm by normal rules »
£36 is ridiculous to get into the run down sh*thole that is ER, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I missed a TLO Donny win against the European champions at their place! I'll be there!

:boxing:

Mate, this is why we, as fellow supporters continue to be exploited by the likes of lufc.
Whilst I applaud your commitment. I am also saddened by your disregard to the obvious issue.
DRFC will continue, God speed, into the future.
Their supporters however, may not afford to follow them on their journey.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 12, 2014, 09:01:40 pm by andysly »
Get yourself off to Elland road then, but don't moan on here about rovers prices again.

I don't see anyone moaning about Rovers prices.

You mr Frost consistently moaned about our pricing

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 12, 2014, 09:07:23 pm by MrFrost »
Get yourself off to Elland road then, but don't moan on here about rovers prices again.

I don't see anyone moaning about Rovers prices.

You mr Frost consistently moaned about our pricing

Where?
I think you'll see I applauded this seasons prices.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012