Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:05:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £36  (Read 12192 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: £36
« Reply #60 on March 12, 2014, 09:08:13 pm by andysly »
I really would love to go to the game, I was there when we won 1-0 and games afterwards but principle has to dictate this time.
I'll be listening to Rovers player and wanting to be there but b*llocks to Leeds United's pricing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 12, 2014, 09:08:39 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Tokyo, I know what will do you more good between 8 pints, a kebab and chips or going to watch the Rovers at Elland Road, and it's not 8 pints and a kebab and chips!!!!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 12, 2014, 09:09:42 pm by andysly »
Get yourself off to Elland road then, but don't moan on here about rovers prices again.

I don't see anyone moaning about Rovers prices.

You mr Frost consistently moaned about our pricing

Where?
I think you'll see I applauded this seasons prices.

I've got a long memory.
Last season, the one before, complaining you couldn't afford to go to games.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 12, 2014, 09:10:55 pm by MrFrost »
Get yourself off to Elland road then, but don't moan on here about rovers prices again.

I don't see anyone moaning about Rovers prices.

You mr Frost consistently moaned about our pricing

Where?
I think you'll see I applauded this seasons prices.

I've got a long memory.
Last season, the one before, complaining you couldn't afford to go to games.

I think you're mistaken. Seeing as I can probably count on one hand the number of games i've missed in that period.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 12, 2014, 09:25:34 pm by andysly »
Do I really have to trawl back through the threads for you ?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 12, 2014, 09:27:14 pm by MrFrost »
Do I really have to trawl back through the threads for you ?

If you like.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 12, 2014, 09:36:37 pm by andysly »
How about "£25 are they having a laugh" with regard to Hartlepool away last season for a start. Although not quite my point it shows your contradictory positions.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 12, 2014, 09:38:09 pm by MrFrost »
How about "£25 are they having a laugh" with regard to Hartlepool away last season for a start. Although not quite my point it shows your contradictory positions.
Your point was I complained about our ticket prices, not Hartlepool's.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 12, 2014, 09:40:10 pm by andysly »
And ours were lower and you still complained. I'll keep going shall I.

How about ?

" I think general public interest in football is deminishing as a whole. Look at other clubs, many are reporting decline. So it's no surprise to be honest that we are the same.  You'd think our home and away support should be better in terms of numbers when you look at attendances since we regained league status, but we are simply following trend.

Until there is a significant change in cost, I think lower attendances will be the norm, unless you're a big club".

Yet know £36 is ok.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 12, 2014, 09:44:07 pm by MrFrost »
And ours were lower and you still complained. I'll keep going shall I.

How about ?

" I think general public interest in football is deminishing as a whole. Look at other clubs, many are reporting decline. So it's no surprise to be honest that we are the same.  You'd think our home and away support should be better in terms of numbers when you look at attendances since we regained league status, but we are simply following trend.

Until there is a significant change in cost, I think lower attendances will be the norm, unless you're a big club".

Yet know £36 is ok.

Actually if you read my posts, you will see I haven't defended the price of £36. My point was, as a group of fans, we seem to be unwilling to pay what other fans ARE willing to paying, and trying to get an understanding of the mentality behind this.

We actually set good ticket prices for this season, compared to previous years in the Championship, and have still seen our attendances decline, so it actually disproved my theory from before which you highlighted that it is all about cost, because it clearly isn't.

I think it's the general apathy of the Doncaster public.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 12, 2014, 09:46:33 pm by andysly »
Plenty of other clubs fans have protested/boycotted fixtures. We aren't the first.
If memory serves me correctly Cardiff fans turned up at Elland Road yet didn't enter the ground.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 12, 2014, 09:48:06 pm by MrFrost »
Plenty of other clubs fans have protested/boycotted fixtures. We aren't the first.
If memory serves me correctly Cardiff fans turned up at Elland Road yet didn't enter the ground.

Did Leeds reduce their prices as a result?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 12, 2014, 09:57:20 pm by andysly »
I don't suppose they did but neither did they financially benefit from it.

Another of your quotes, this time regarding Donny prices.

Maybe if the club got their own house in order regarding pricing and marketing, we wouldn't be having continued discussions about how shit our support it.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 12, 2014, 10:12:26 pm by MrFrost »
I don't suppose they did but neither did they financially benefit from it.

Another of your quotes, this time regarding Donny prices.

Maybe if the club got their own house in order regarding pricing and marketing, we wouldn't be having continued discussions about how shit our support it.

And I believe they did sort out the pricing. Again, i'm still waiting for the one where you said I couldn't afford to go to games which was your original point.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 12, 2014, 10:20:05 pm by normal rules »
andysly. our support is not shit.

we have shown, even when times are hard and the club is at a low ebb, that the support is there. we just seem to struggle to galvanise as a group at times.

people have quoted taking 5000 to Barnsley (novelty game after years of not playing them)

similar number to Hillsborough (again novelty game same season)

over 2k to oxford. and similar to torquay (first season back in league 2)

what compounds the issue over recent seasons is ticket prices/feeling of km not being home/novelty factor wearing off/recession/

I spoke to my brother earlier tonight and asked his opinion. for those that don't know him he is and has always been an absolute die hard - even through the conference years. I asked him his honest opinion on where he would like to see rovers and what he enjoys most from following his team.

His answer - "I really miss the days out like Nuneaton, Torquay and Boston."

I asked him if his experience of seeing rovers at derby/Birmingham/leeds/Leicester/qpr were any better.

his answer - its all the same providing you follow your team.

This for me sums up what being a football supporter is all about. Its irrelevant what level your team play at. Success is all well and good - but at what cost.
For that you have to speak to the supporters of Portsmouth - who incidentally had 12000 for a league two match the other day.

For me- well you can keep the championship where players get paid more than brain surgeons and the Prime Minister. 
A team full of local lads from Donny of the james husband ilk will do me fine - whatever level they play at

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 12, 2014, 10:26:13 pm by MrFrost »

we have shown, even when times are hard and the club is at a low ebb, that the support is there. we just seem to struggle to galvanise as a group at times.

people have quoted taking 5000 to Barnsley (novelty game after years of not playing them)

what compounds the issue over recent seasons is ticket prices/feeling of km not being home/novelty factor wearing off/recession/

I spoke to my brother earlier tonight and asked his opinion. for those that don't know him he is and has always been an absolute die hard - even through the conference years. I asked him his honest opinion on where he would like to see rovers and what he enjoys most from following his team.

I asked him if his experience of seeing rovers at derby/Birmingham/leeds/Leicester/qpr were any better.

This for me sums up what being a football supporter is all about. Its irrelevant what level your team play at. Success is all well and good - but at what cost.
For that you have to speak to the supporters of Portsmouth - who incidentally had 12000 for a league two match the other day.

For me- well you can keep the championship where players get paid more than brain surgeons and the Prime Minister. 
A team full of local lads from Donny of the james husband ilk will do me fine - whatever level they play at

The main thing for me this season is how poor the home attendances have been, even compared to our last season at this level, despite us playing better and ticket prices being cheaper, coupled with it being off the back of a promotion.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 12, 2014, 10:30:06 pm by normal rules »
my point exactly mr frost.

perhaps we have some common ground here.

rovers have been better supported at a lower level

does this not tell you something?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 12, 2014, 10:32:35 pm by MrFrost »
my point exactly mr frost.

perhaps we have some common ground here.

rovers have been better supported at a lower level

does this not tell you something?

For me, its the general apathy towards Doncaster Rovers, there are plenty of people in the town who think of us as a laughing stock.
Couple this with the complete lack of marketing, zero presence in and around the town, countless problems with how the club has been run at a backroom level, the atmosphere, the list goes on.

But everytime something is addressed, it's quickly forgotten about.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on March 13, 2014, 10:48:40 am by bobjimwilly »
countless problems with how the backroom staff are run? Let me guess, you could fix all the problems with your experience of running similar companies :facepalm:

there is a consensus that the marketing efforts could be improved, I agree, but if you think simply improving awareness around the town will "bring back the masses", you are wrong I'm afraid.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 13, 2014, 12:37:30 pm by MrFrost »
countless problems with how the backroom staff are run? Let me guess, you could fix all the problems with your experience of running similar companies :facepalm:

there is a consensus that the marketing efforts could be improved, I agree, but if you think simply improving awareness around the town will "bring back the masses", you are wrong I'm afraid.

I've worked in sales and marketing for 14 years. Trust me, i'm not wrong.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 13, 2014, 12:40:48 pm by BigColSutherland »
Mr Frost

Will you be accepting SM's offer of a meeting with the club? Seen as they never get back to you regarding your suggestions, this would seem a great opportunity for you to really get across your ideas.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 13, 2014, 12:41:33 pm by silent majority »

I've worked in it a lot longer than you, trust me, you are. The scattergun approach to sports marketing doesn't work.

The offers still there by the way!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 13, 2014, 01:23:12 pm by MrFrost »

I've worked in it a lot longer than you, trust me, you are. The scattergun approach to sports marketing doesn't work.

Really SM, so what would work? Because it's clear what ever marketing strategy the club currently adopts doesn't work hence lower home attendances compared to our last season at this level. Unless the club is only concerned about yields and not people through the gate.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on March 13, 2014, 01:32:29 pm by bobjimwilly »
let's not pretend there hasn't been a double-global recession then shall we, and still compare our attendances with when the Keepmoat first opened, or better yet let's compare against the season we got promoted via the play-offs!

</sarcasm>

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 13, 2014, 01:42:23 pm by MrFrost »
If you actually read what I wrote I said I'm comparing them against our last season at this level. There has been no recession in that time. Ticket prices are also lower and attendances have fallen despite a promotion.

Come on then Mr know it all, tell me why?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on March 13, 2014, 01:50:07 pm by silent majority »
Mr Frost, compared to other clubs we are doing ok, in fact more than ok.

There is a general trend in the FL for lower attendances and this has been ongoing for a number of years. I attended an FL seminar a couple of seasons ago and some of the stats they had were shocking.

We could show you the stats from DRFC, the ones that show how their marketing does pay off and how the scattergun approach has never been cost effective.

But here's another offer. You put your thoughts down on paper and I'll make sure that each and every point gets an answer. How's that?

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 13, 2014, 01:53:47 pm by BigColSutherland »
I'd love to see your 4 page email MrFrost.

I do some work with MOSAIC around customer segmentation so anything that could help me with that would be really valuable.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 13, 2014, 01:54:26 pm by MrFrost »
Mr Frost, compared to other clubs we are doing ok, in fact more than ok.

There is a general trend in the FL for lower attendances and this has been ongoing for a number of years. I attended an FL seminar a couple of seasons ago and some of the stats they had were shocking.

We could show you the stats from DRFC, the ones that show how their marketing does pay off and how the scattergun approach has never been cost effective.

But here's another offer. You put your thoughts down on paper and I'll make sure that each and every point gets an answer. How's that?

No problem

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 15, 2014, 01:04:53 am by andysly »

At no time ever have I said our support is shit. I think you may have misread one of the Mr Frost quotes I used.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 15, 2014, 01:15:57 am by andysly »
I have followed this club for over 35 years and it constantly galls me how some can criticise DRFC.
We have a Club, Staff , league status and Ground to be proud of, we field international footballers or even leave them on the bench, yet nothing suits some.  Maybe the attendances are disappointing, though I'd argue the directors are more disappointed, it's an uphill battle to regain lost fans, and there are many factors which we are all aware of.
As SM stated nearly all clubs are suffering declining gates, away attendance everywhere is falling, we are no different and in fact doing a little better than most.
The negativity with nothing constructive behind it only serves to produce further apathy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012