Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:38:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £300  (Read 4345 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
£300
« on January 20, 2015, 10:38:39 pm by watto-drfc »
Thats what i will save by not buying a season ticket to watch overpaid useless players

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: £300
« Reply #1 on January 20, 2015, 10:42:37 pm by normal rules »
That will buy a lot of white lightning. Enjoy!

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 20, 2015, 10:47:12 pm by watto-drfc »
Nah a nice holiday

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 20, 2015, 10:48:35 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Thats what i will save by not buying a season ticket to watch overpaid useless players

yes but how much will you spend going to Wembley to the Championship Play Off final Rovers  V Sheff United ??? :thumbsup:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 20, 2015, 10:50:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
Its touch and go whether £300 would get you a caravan in Skeggy for a week.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 20, 2015, 10:56:51 pm by VivaRovers »
Nah a nice holiday
...it'll probably rain.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 20, 2015, 11:00:25 pm by Iberian Red »
An hour and a half with the company of bisexual sisters?

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 20, 2015, 11:02:11 pm by Canadian Rover »
I'd love the chance to be able to get a season ticket for 13 quid a game and go and cheer on the mighty reds every weekend.  But sounds like you have no passion for the rovers.... so why bother eh?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 20, 2015, 11:04:47 pm by Muttley »

Is that with or without the discount from using Swedish Paul's loyalty card?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 20, 2015, 11:05:11 pm by Copps is Magic »

It's called Sunday dinner in Barnsley.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 20, 2015, 11:19:56 pm by watto-drfc »
Its just lost that magic for me. Not the same anymore. No passion no one wears the shirt with pride like years gone by. Perhaps after 47 years a rovers fan its time to stop going

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 20, 2015, 11:26:04 pm by Iberian Red »
Its just lost that magic for me. Not the same anymore. No passion no one wears the shirt with pride like years gone by. Perhaps after 47 years a rovers fan its time to stop going
Reread my earlier post, put them in a shirt, and even after 47 years it would still arouse the passion.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 21, 2015, 12:24:10 am by IDM »

b*llocks.

You will have seen some utter shite in your time, much much worse than this season.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 21, 2015, 12:40:07 am by bpoolrover »
Watto you can't fault the players effort everyone of them ran there bollox off,you say we should have kept Flynn! When he was in charge and Saunders the quality of football was awful but somehow we ended up winning,I think your pissed off with the result tonight and will chill by the morning

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 21, 2015, 05:58:43 am by GazLaz »
We have played 10 times better football this season than in the promotion season.

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 21, 2015, 06:29:56 am by watto-drfc »
Both  Barnsley and Notts Co were very poor and apart from 1 piece if brilliance from forrester we struggled to win either game.

Curious Orange

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 21, 2015, 07:01:13 am by Curious Orange »
And here we have a prime example of what's wrong with too many Rovers fans. Never mind that we battered both Barnsley and Notts and really all we're missing is a decent finisher, when you can get all histrionic about how crap the whole team is and that there's no point to it all any more.

No one wears the shirt with pride? Were Butler and Coppinger not playing in the game you watched last night? (And that's if players wearing shirts with pride is really even a prerequisite for a fan to support a football club.) I also saw Bennett play out of his skin last night - and that's despite all of the crap that's come his way from fans in past seasons at Rovers. McCullough played well, Keegan did his Keegan role, Tyson put a shift in and took a few kicks for it, even Wabara had a good game.

Maybe it was the low attendance last night, but the atmosphere last night was a bizarre mix of those fans doing the right thing by cheering the sustained attacks we put together and those who moaned like someone had p*ssed on their chips because we hadn't scored yet.

We didn't lose, we kept a clean sheet, we're playing better now than we have done all season, we're into the top half, we're a point off the top six, the sky isn't falling in, etc.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 21, 2015, 07:27:09 am by RobTheRover »
Bravo Mr Orange,  Bravo.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 21, 2015, 07:40:31 am by Metalmicky »
And here we have a prime example of what's wrong with too many Rovers fans. Never mind that we battered both Barnsley and Notts and really all we're missing is a decent finisher, when you can get all histrionic about how crap the whole team is and that there's no point to it all any more.

No one wears the shirt with pride? Were Butler and Coppinger not playing in the game you watched last night? (And that's if players wearing shirts with pride is really even a prerequisite for a fan to support a football club.) I also saw Bennett play out of his skin last night - and that's despite all of the crap that's come his way from fans in past seasons at Rovers. McCullough played well, Keegan did his Keegan role, Tyson put a shift in and took a few kicks for it, even Wabara had a good game.

Maybe it was the low attendance last night, but the atmosphere last night was a bizarre mix of those fans doing the right thing by cheering the sustained attacks we put together and those who moaned like someone had p*ssed on their chips because we hadn't scored yet.

We didn't lose, we kept a clean sheet, we're playing better now than we have done all season, we're into the top half, we're a point off the top six, the sky isn't falling in, etc.

Totally agree Tango man - some folk need a reality check...
I've watched many a game where I would have willingly paid to get out of the ground early............ last night wasn't one of them.
Plenty of effort - just a bit of guile and luck needed.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 21, 2015, 08:00:14 am by The Red Baron »
Since time immemorial footy fans have been going home after a match and telling anyone who would listen that they're "never going to watch that shower of s**t again." Invariably they are there at the next game.

Nowadays they post such thoughts on a public forum and allow themselves to look silly.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 21, 2015, 08:07:59 am by IDM »
Also don't forget these same "overpaid and useless players" have just earned 12 points from the last 6 league games, keeping 5 clean sheets in the same time...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 21, 2015, 08:08:29 am by GazLaz »
You can't stop supporting a team because they don't score many. I was critical of our team at the start of the season, we were very poor then, but I'm enjoying watching a group of players improve every week. They are starting to become a decent unit.

All of the work we have put in to improve without the ball has obviously been at the cost of working on things in the attacking third but you can't work on everything all the time. It's easy to soley blame the strikers but they are just part of the problem. I'm sure now PD has solidified us he will be working more on the attacking side. Becoming a good side is a gradual process, as long as I can see progression I'm happy. We are improving.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 21, 2015, 08:12:26 am by RJHeader »
There has been some awful, silly posts on here recently. But watto, you win Sir. Well played

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 21, 2015, 08:46:01 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You can't stop supporting a team because they don't score many. I was critical of our team at the start of the season, we were very poor then, but I'm enjoying watching a group of players improve every week. They are starting to become a decent unit.

All of the work we have put in to improve without the ball has obviously been at the cost of working on things in the attacking third but you can't work on everything all the time. It's easy to soley blame the strikers but they are just part of the problem. I'm sure now PD has solidified us he will be working more on the attacking side. Becoming a good side is a gradual process, as long as I can see progression I'm happy. We are improving.

I agree 100 percent.  I was disappointed in Dickov's style and the lack of improvement but I am seeing that.  We aren't that far away right now and we're proving very hard to beat at last.  We now need to just kick on that bit more and add a striker who can put it away - ideally for me a target man, and a goalscoring central midfielder.  I do think Main will come good  and Tyson is doing a good job as is Robinson in some ways (though I wouldn't keep him at the end of the season, he doesn't score enough and has been here a while now).  We just need to get that killer touch at the other end and to start being confident we can score goals.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 21, 2015, 05:48:42 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Such a shame you hadn't been a Rovers fan for 50 years then you could have joined the boo boys who always moaned at Albert Broadbent whatever he did he was always moaned at .............. 50 years would have given you a wonderful apprenticeship introduction to moaning seems like you are a "late developer" :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2012