Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:37:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £55 ticket deal  (Read 3674 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
£55 ticket deal
« on November 23, 2016, 12:00:27 pm by watto-drfc »
3 games  Grimsby, Stevenage , Portsmouth £55

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: £55 ticket deal
« Reply #1 on November 23, 2016, 12:31:24 pm by Retdon1 »
Not really much of a deal that. For a non member your only saving just over £1 a game

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 23, 2016, 12:45:02 pm by IDM »
You mean for a member?

An adult, Cat B member ticket is £17 so that is £34.  Stevenage away is £20 in advance so a total of £54.

Where is this offer detailed?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 23, 2016, 01:39:09 pm by Retdon1 »
You mean for a member?

An adult, Cat B member ticket is £17 so that is £34.  Stevenage away is £20 in advance so a total of £54.

Where is this offer detailed?

I think there all home games. We play Stevenage on the 2nd jan at home. For a member its £4 more expensive and for a non member, your only saving £5. Terrible offer

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 23, 2016, 01:55:58 pm by IDM »
You're right about Stevenage at home, I had assumed it was the away fixture.

For a non-member saving £5 is better than nowt, especially if you were planning to go to every game.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 24, 2016, 05:35:27 pm by elmsallrover »
I think that most people that go the every home game will be season ticket holders or members can't see many taking that offer up especially with Portsmouth's game been live on tv

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 24, 2016, 06:37:16 pm by selby »
Should be something around £40 for the three matches,more or less making the Portsmouth game free entry.We get the T.V. fee for this game,and a quid a kid for that game as well,or free tickets for east stand to all local borough schools.
    Try and get as many in for the T.V. as possible, and encourage them to make a noise,and include a parent for the quid.
    There is plenty of time to get this off the ground whatever we could come up with,why not?they might just come back, lets try and be proactive.
    Advertise that there are three prizes of a shirt for a youngster shown on a T.V. shot of the crowd and picked out on the big screen from the three home stands at half time.
    Encourage people and they will respond,I am a season ticket holder and dont  object to the club trying to encourage younger supporters.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 24, 2016, 06:58:07 pm by The Red Baron »
I agree with you about the Pompey game. Should be a tenner max and a quid for accompanied kids. Might mean we get a few more from Portsmouth.

I'm not mad keen on multi game discounts when the games are as widely spread as these are. It can make sense if you have a Saturday - Tuesday at home situation but I don't think it's appropriate here. I'd charge normal prices for Grimsby and Stevenage (which is on a Bank Holiday) and slash prices for Pompey - a televised game on a non-football night needs all the help it can get!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 24, 2016, 07:27:06 pm by silent majority »
The club have two or three matches in their sights when it comes to promoting incentives of one sort or another to ensure that they do as much as they can to alleviate issues and/or encourage more supporters to these games. Portsmouth is an example where its a massive disadvantage to their supporters and a big inconvenience to ours. The early kick-off for the Grimsby game also doesn't help encourage supporters from either club attend. I'm sure the club will be releasing details about the activities around these games in due course.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 25, 2016, 08:01:17 am by Padge_DRFC »
This offer will rule out any chance of the Portsmouth game being reduced prices. Hello empty stadium

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 25, 2016, 08:19:52 am by IDM »
This offer will rule out any chance of the Portsmouth game being reduced prices. Hello empty stadium

Would you have gone anyway, before any news of any offer?

I would!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 25, 2016, 04:16:34 pm by selby »
Padge,it was cheap as chips to go to any match when I was a youngster in the 50s and early 60s,we all loved the game,  and admittedly there were not as many alternative things to do.
    But we got hooked to this great club of ours,I still see people ,say hello to, and have conversations with people, I only know from attending the Rovers over all those years.
    I am not that bothered about the lost generations that saw us as a joke club for so long,it was easy for them to hang on to weeds,or the dee dah clubs in those days.
    I am not bothered about the people who constantly want cheap offers to be bothered to come.
    I am bothered about getting kids in up to teenagers to the games with their mates,try and make it so they want to come like we did,thats the future and how to grow the club.
    A winning team is the hard part,and it dont half help.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 26, 2016, 05:45:05 am by Padge_DRFC »

Would you have gone anyway, before any news of any offer?

I would!

I go to every game. Problem is the floaters aren't going to rush home from work to pay £20 when it's on TV. Shame they picked the Portsmouth game. We'll be down 1000 on away fans had this game stayed on the Saturday

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 26, 2016, 10:31:58 am by deebee »
May be the Portsmouth game is a good time to promote unused ticket stubs from ST' holders to bring a friend.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012