Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:47:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: £45 Rovers Voucher with Npower  (Read 4452 times)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
£45 Rovers Voucher with Npower
« on July 26, 2010, 02:25:30 pm by Mike_F »
Due to the robbing dogs at EDF sending me a letter saying they were ending my online tariff and sticking me on their standard price gas and electic I have just been onto www.uswitch.com and swithed to Npower, saving myself about £90 a year and earning myself a £45 voucher to spend in the Rovers clubshop. That's this year's home shirt covered.

Obviously not everybody would be better off with Npower (and I'm certainly not on commission, although perhaps I ought to be!!) but it's certainly worth a look.

Cheers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re:£45 Rovers Voucher with Npower
« Reply #1 on July 26, 2010, 11:31:19 pm by BobG »
Used to have NPower Mike. I can honestly say I have never, ever come across a bigger shower of shite than them. Administration? Don't make me laugh. Common sense? Lost it aeons ago. Sense of humour? Ditto. They may be cheap - but there's a reason for it. They're utterly, utterly crap. You just wait until they start sending  the threatening letters for no reason at all. Tossers.

BobG

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 26, 2010, 11:37:44 pm by JonWallsend »
Bloody hell, Bob. I'm sure Mike can't wait for 12 months of energy payment related bliss on the back of your Npower endorsement.  B)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 26, 2010, 11:52:29 pm by BobG »
:):) I ended up suggesting they speak to my solicitor given their clear inability to understand even the simplest of sentences.

Cheers

Bob

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 27, 2010, 08:09:03 am by hoolahoop »
BobG wrote:
:):) I ended up suggesting they speak to my solicitor given their clear inability to understand even the simplest of sentences.

Cheers

Bob

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: Take it you're not one of their ''happy'' customers then Bob, what did they do to upset you to that degree ?
I bet Mike won't be able to put thekettle on without first thinking of the threatening summons that will shortly ensue!  ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 27, 2010, 09:46:22 am by Filo »
Got to agree npower are a crock of shite, now i`m with EON, life is so much more pleasant

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 27, 2010, 09:51:04 am by MrFrost »
Anyone in the Yorkshire region would be barmy to go to npower as npower own the region, meaning as a rule, their prices are more expensive here.
I've worked in the energy industry, and to be honest, they're all as bad as each other.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 27, 2010, 10:12:47 am by keyser_soze »
Switched to NPower myself recently, just because they were cheaper than Eon.

Previous experience was a joy. Scottish Power, repeatedly sent me a £550 gas bill for 9 months (completely estimated, ie plucked out of the air at random) gas useage, for a flat with electric power only.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 27, 2010, 10:17:16 am by MrFrost »
keyser_soze wrote:
Switched to NPower myself recently, just because they were cheaper than Eon.

Previous experience was a joy. Scottish Power, repeatedly sent me a £550 gas bill for 9 months (completely estimated, ie plucked out of the air at random) gas useage, for a flat with electric power only.

Anyone changing supplier ought to go to this website www.energyhelpline.com
Avoid uSwitch like the plague.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 27, 2010, 11:44:23 am by Mike_F »
There was anothe roption with Npower that would'e worked out a fair bit cheaper (on the starting tariff) but would've tied me into a contract till September '11 so I stayed well clear of it. With the one I've signed up for there doesn't appear to be a minimum contract so I could get the voucher for the club shop then switch again if I'm not happy. I did have Atlantic but their prices went daft so I changed to EDF until the aforementioned hike so it seems like they are all pretty much the same. It's simple enough to switch though.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 27, 2010, 11:52:03 am by MrFrost »
Mike_F wrote:
There was anothe roption with Npower that would'e worked out a fair bit cheaper (on the starting tariff) but would've tied me into a contract till September '11 so I stayed well clear of it. With the one I've signed up for there doesn't appear to be a minimum contract so I could get the voucher for the club shop then switch again if I'm not happy. I did have Atlantic but their prices went daft so I changed to EDF until the aforementioned hike so it seems like they are all pretty much the same. It's simple enough to switch though.

Did the online tariff come to an end Mike? If it did then the way the companies are regulated, they have to move you on to a standard tariff once any kind of fixed or special discounted tariff expires. Many people see this as a hike from the company, however, they don't have a choice. Every company does the same.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 27, 2010, 12:03:16 pm by Mike_F »
It wasn't a set period tariff that expired but they did withdraw it for all customers, moving everyone onto the standard rate. The whys and wherefores aren't really relevant - it comes down to pounds, shillings and pence and I'm better off switching. I'll use energyhelpline next time though and see if it makes a difference.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 27, 2010, 12:20:17 pm by turnbull for england »
Must agree with Bob about Npower inside a year threatened with court over meter theft  as appparantly the electric meter they fitted was registered to a chip shop in hull  and no pointing out it was a semi in thorne seemed to help and as they also stopped taking my gas standing order for 7 months( but i got the dual saver discount!)meant a pop over to british gas was in order, couple of months later got a salesman frm the raul moat school of rejection  turn up at 8 oclock at night to convince me to switch back with random  quotes such as 'look if you dont take this offer youre being stupid'  and ended up still talking to the door when 'no p%ss off' didnt finally cut it with him

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 27, 2010, 12:25:22 pm by ferribyrover »
I've just had same letter from EDF, telling me they are doing me a favour switching to a competitive tariff, but on checking it is more expensive.
Time to change, maybe to Npower.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 27, 2010, 06:39:22 pm by mushRTID »
Im just about to get my crossed meter issue resolved but have been looking and have checked on 3 different comparison sites and Scottish Power are the cheapest on all 3.

I read some reviews and there seems to be some pretty wild estimated readings from them but there appears to be an option to enter your readings online which should solve that. Think il be using them when its all sorted.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 27, 2010, 06:52:39 pm by timdrfc »
BobG wrote:
Used to have NPower Mike. I can honestly say I have never, ever come across a bigger shower of shite than them. Administration? Don't make me laugh. Common sense? Lost it aeons ago. Sense of humour? Ditto. They may be cheap - but there's a reason for it. They're utterly, utterly crap. You just wait until they start sending  the threatening letters for no reason at all. Tossers.

BobG

Have to agree totally, a shower of s**t in my opinion i've had very bad dealings with this company & glad to be finally rid of them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012