Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:59:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Akinfenwa  (Read 7445 times)

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
Akinfenwa
« on May 30, 2016, 05:10:59 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Get him involved, I don't he didn't leave on great terms but I don't think we have got anyone left from 03/04 even as staff have we? New regime he is a talisman and he's hard as nails, worth a chuck for me

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Akinfenwa
« Reply #1 on May 30, 2016, 05:12:50 pm by MrFrost »
Definitely worth it as someone to throw on for the last 15 minutes.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 30, 2016, 05:12:58 pm by GazLaz »
His post match interview there was class. "I'm technically now unemployed, any managers out there that are interested hit me up on the WhatsApp!"

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 30, 2016, 05:15:11 pm by Rovers91 »
Would be worth a year as a squad player in league 2 but if we were to go up he wouldn't cut it in league one now.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 30, 2016, 05:27:34 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I'd give him a year. He's still clearly got what it takes for the top end of L2, even if it's only for 30 mins. I f**king love the Beast. Certainly a better option off the bench than Nathan f**king Tyson.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 30, 2016, 05:35:09 pm by 1879Rovers »
I backed him at 11/1 to score at anytime when he come on, I thought he was a banker to get on the scoresheet.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 30, 2016, 05:58:56 pm by the vicar »
he dint leave on bad terms at all he just wanted to go nearer london but there was no teams wasted him there

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 30, 2016, 06:06:27 pm by Donnywolf »
Definitely worth it as someone to throw on for the last 15 minutes.

Who is going to do the "throwing" though ?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 30, 2016, 06:15:13 pm by Upton Rover »
Get him involved, I don't he didn't leave on great terms but I don't think we have got anyone left from 03/04 even as staff have we? New regime he is a talisman and he's hard as nails, worth a chuck for me
Got to be the best joke for sometime.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 30, 2016, 06:48:30 pm by Copps is Magic »
I think most people take him as some sort of novetly act. Look at his goal scoring record though, it is second to none in the lower half of the football league.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 30, 2016, 06:55:01 pm by Mustapha-Dump »

Which part have you interpreted as a joke?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 30, 2016, 07:00:08 pm by Chris Black come back »
Part footballer, part comedy act.

Would take him for a season defo.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 30, 2016, 07:03:37 pm by boro_rover »
I wouldn't mind bayo as a squad player here. He will get goals, is stronger than any player in the league and we need a bit of a bully to rattle opponents.
Youngsters will be intimidated by him and he knows the division well.

I was gutted when he left the first time around and I think it is an issue that he has constantly made clear that he prefers being southerly based. My old man was working at the club last time he was here and by all accounts he sacked off training more often than not with poor excuses. That being said he was a kid then and often youngsters can be a little irresponsible. He comes across quite well these days though and if the money was right and he was willing he would be a solid addition for league 2.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 30, 2016, 07:14:33 pm by glosterred »
Absolutely f**king no way

COYR

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 30, 2016, 07:27:08 pm by Upton Rover »

Which part have you interpreted as a joke?
the joke to get that donjey involved

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 30, 2016, 07:52:00 pm by RedJ »
How is he a donkey, exactly?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 30, 2016, 07:57:52 pm by Upton Rover »
Why is it always on here that when a past player comes available, people always post threads like this wanting them back. Why would any manager waste good money on a players wages like his. If we are serious about a quick return to L1 we have to give past players lije this a wide berth. Only 2 past players worty of coming back here would be Spur and Cotterill

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 30, 2016, 08:01:13 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I didn't suggest we bring him back here on the basis that he is an ex player though, I suggested it on the basis that today he scored the winner in the play off final in the division we are about to inhabit, I genuinely think he could do a job at this level.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 31, 2016, 10:16:18 am by RedJ »
Why is it always on here that when a past player comes available, people always post threads like this wanting them back. Why would any manager waste good money on a players wages like his. If we are serious about a quick return to L1 we have to give past players lije this a wide berth. Only 2 past players worty of coming back here would be Spur and Cotterill

Doesn't exactly explain why he's a donkey, does it?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 31, 2016, 10:38:53 am by RoversAlias »
Why would any manager waste good money on a players wages like his. If we are serious about a quick return to L1 we have to give past players lije this a wide berth.

I don't understand your reasoning here at all, since Akinfenwa is a player who yesterday scored in the play off final helping his team earn promotion to League One? He has scored 8 goals this season, including in the semi finals too, and in his previous 7 seasons got into double figures, some of those years in L1.

If the wages were right I'd definitely take him on. He's strong (and then some), knows where the net is and knows the division inside out. Clearly not a donkey or a waste of wages to anybody who has employed him.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 31, 2016, 10:49:12 am by GazLaz »
He's regressing, I really like the bloke but we can do a lot better.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 31, 2016, 11:35:53 am by DRNaith »
He'd certainly test the stitching on the new shirts!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 31, 2016, 12:16:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Yep. A REALLY wide berth.

Anyway. Pointless discussion.
1) He's not been a regular starter for months. At 34 and the size of a small planet, he's going to get any better from now on.
2) With him, it's all about the Adebayo show. Not really what we want as a club going forwards.
3) We're 90minutes oop the line from the Smoke, so there's no chance of him coming to us anyway.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 31, 2016, 02:13:18 pm by ravenrover »
My wife said, when she saw size of him, is he really a footballer or does he play rugby?
We can surely do better than AA surely, or is just people living in the past?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 31, 2016, 03:35:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's a pity we couldn't have signed him up last season and melted him down to make 11 little Beyo's, all inheriting the same determination and willingness to put the effort in and do battle.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 31, 2016, 04:18:01 pm by Al4475 »
When you think back the loan signings that season of Brown, Akinfenwa and Melligan were really top drawer loan signings who had a huge impact on us that year!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 31, 2016, 04:24:47 pm by bobjimwilly »
he's done it once, I'm sure he could do it again for Rovers  :thumbsup:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGU-XsrkFdI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGU-XsrkFdI</a>

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 31, 2016, 05:33:27 pm by Upton Rover »
How is he a donkey, exactly?
No sorry Donkey was a little strong. Cart 🐎 more apt

TinyPortal © 2005-2012