Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:55:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Howard Webb  (Read 1267 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Howard Webb
« on February 06, 2012, 07:18:22 am by Donnywolf »
Can anyone tell me SERIOUSLY if he is a Man U fan. I am sure I have read it before somewhere before

If he is should he be allowed to Referee games involving \"his\" Team ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Howard Webb
« Reply #1 on February 06, 2012, 08:06:35 am by The Red Baron »
He's a Rotherham United fan- often attends their games when not reffing.

The idea he was a Man U fan came about because of a mock-up that was circulating on the internet of him in a Man U shirt.

The two penalties United got yesterday were rather soft, but they should have had one in the first half. I sometimes wonder if referees see replays at half-time and think \"I got that one wrong.\" It may influence them towards giving decisions later in the game to \"level things up.\"

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 06, 2012, 08:31:05 am by Dimples-D »
They are not allowed to ref a game if they are a fan of one of the clubs.
I have thought about this many times. If you want to be a ref you are obviously a football fan and will support a club. But if say for example you support Man Utd you wont be able to ref them.
But surely your biggest buzz as a Utd fan would be to ref at Old Trafford, therefore it would be in your interest to keep quiet about it.
The big clubs ie Man Utd, Liverpool etc etc must have fans that are refs. Maybe this explains some of the decisions that they get in their favour.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 06, 2012, 01:09:39 pm by Mr1Croft »
In the build up of the first half penalty incident Torres was blatantly fouled. After that and the manures penalty shout I thought he lost his whistle...

I-was-there1976

« Reply #4 on February 06, 2012, 03:07:11 pm by I-was-there1976 »
He s that big a Man  U fan that he awarded Chelsea a freekick 2 minutes from time just outside Man U 's box after a blatant dive from that fuzzy haired chap in blue.

A dive that i picked up on straight away without replays and from which Chelsea's free kick  very nearly nicked it but for the save of the season from that short arsed gimp in nets

Yes he's a massive Man U fan lol

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 06, 2012, 03:57:37 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"I-was-there1976\" post=218304
He s that big a Man  U fan that he awarded Chelsea a freekick 2 minutes from time just outside Man U 's box after a blatant dive from that fuzzy haired chap in blue.

A dive that i picked up on straight away without replays and from which Chelsea's free kick  very nearly nicked it but for the save of the season from that short arsed gimp in nets

Yes he's a massive Man U fan lol

Making up for Man United's second penalty   ;)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 06, 2012, 08:55:02 pm by glosterred »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=218224
He's a Rotherham United fan- often attends their games when not reffing.

Obviously doesn't like good football then!

:scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012