Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:24:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jihadi bride  (Read 13922 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Jihadi bride
« Reply #30 on February 16, 2019, 10:59:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Filo

Do you agree with the laws of this country?

If you do, under English law that girl could not give her consent to be married at 15.

Would you consider that law to apply if a 15 year old white, Anglo-Saxon Christian girl had been convinced through years of indoctrination to join a cult where she was offered to an older man to be "married"? Or would you say it was her free decision?

The "rape" thing is PRECISELY how we see the issue of rape in this country, under our law. Why should it not apply in this case?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 16, 2019, 01:19:53 pm by roversdude »
So if she stole something over there she’d not lose a hand ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 16, 2019, 01:29:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What on earth has that got to do with it? We're talking about OUR legal system and OUR morals.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 16, 2019, 01:52:21 pm by Filo »
Filo

Do you agree with the laws of this country?

If you do, under English law that girl could not give her consent to be married at 15.

Would you consider that law to apply if a 15 year old white, Anglo-Saxon Christian girl had been convinced through years of indoctrination to join a cult where she was offered to an older man to be "married"? Or would you say it was her free decision?

The "rape" thing is PRECISELY how we see the issue of rape in this country, under our law. Why should it not apply in this case?

I fully understand what you are saying, however she renounced the laws if this Country to go and live by Sharia law, the “rape” as we know it was comitted over there. The only issue with the term rape is the age of consent in this Country, she more than likely agreed for the Man or Men to have sex with her, she has n’t mention being raped and has stated that she loves her “husband” so the issue is under English Law it’s rape, under Sharia Law it is not. She turned her back on English Law when she went to join ISIS

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 16, 2019, 01:57:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You're studiously avoiding the point I'm trying to make.

What would your response be if YOUR daughter had been indoctrinated by members of an overseas sex cult to join them and willingly give herself to an older man as a 15 year old, where sex with minors was legal.

Would you say that she went of her own accord and she lives with the consequences? Would you want to look at the case through the lens of English values or the values of that other country?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 16, 2019, 02:01:22 pm by Filo »
Honestly, I would look through the lens of English values, but I would also be of the opinion that she made that choice and has to live by that choice, as much as it would destroy me

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 16, 2019, 02:02:54 pm by bobjimwilly »
It looks to me she was indoctrinated and persuaded to travel abroad as a minor. While she's been over there the indoctrination has probably continued, in which case that would be the reason she said the things she said. She is still a British citizen and should be allowed to travel home, where I'm sure her family are desperate to get her back. Now she should also be processed and prosecuted if she has has broken the law, and obviously she needs to be educated to undo everything she's been led to believe, and possibly "monitored" until she has been fully rehabilitated. That is what a responsible and civil government would do.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 02:14:33 pm by bobjimwilly »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 16, 2019, 03:33:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If, as has been claimed, she was groomed into doing what she did, if she turned Queen's Evidence and helped convict those who groomed her (and therefore stopped them them doing the same to others) I'd leave it at that.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 16, 2019, 03:51:56 pm by bpoolrover »
I wonder if so many people would be willing to give someone a second chance if it was a man wanting to come back?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 16, 2019, 04:23:49 pm by roversdude »
My point was Billy that the law in such lands promotes marriage (and presumably consummation of marriage) at a younger age than UK

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 16, 2019, 04:52:35 pm by RobTheRover »
It looks to me she was indoctrinated and persuaded to travel abroad as a minor. While she's been over there the indoctrination has probably continued, in which case that would be the reason she said the things she said. She is still a British citizen and should be allowed to travel home, where I'm sure her family are desperate to get her back. Now she should also be processed and prosecuted if she has has broken the law, and obviously she needs to be educated to undo everything she's been led to believe, and possibly "monitored" until she has been fully rehabilitated. That is what a responsible and civil government would do.

Ah, I see where the argument collapses.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 16, 2019, 06:39:17 pm by Sprotyrover »
You're studiously avoiding the point I'm trying to make.

What would your response be if YOUR daughter had been indoctrinated by members of an overseas sex cult to join them and willingly give herself to an older man as a 15 year old, where sex with minors was legal.

Would you say that she went of her own accord and she lives with the consequences? Would you want to look at the case through the lens of English values or the values of that other country?

There are tens of thousands of Women who were taken to Pakistan by their loving parents aged 14 to have a 'Family Holiday' only to be married to their older male cousin into a life of sexual slavery and drudgery and numerous British governments have done naff all about it so why start now?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 16, 2019, 07:58:56 pm by drfchound »
Good point that sproty.

I don't see many of our public making a fuss about those girls, many of whom are probably born in the UK, being used.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 16, 2019, 08:23:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sproty.

You got any evidence of tens of thousands of 14 year olds being taken to Pakistan and married off to cousins?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 16, 2019, 08:50:54 pm by Sprotyrover »
Well actually I do have first hand knowledge and a lot of them were taken from good old Rotherham by the way.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 16, 2019, 08:52:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tens of thousands?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 16, 2019, 08:56:48 pm by Sprotyrover »
Yes just google. U.K. Forced marriages, Karma Nirvana receive 750 phone calls per month. There are plenty of articles from the sources you love to quote ie The Guardian fill yer boots.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 16, 2019, 09:04:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tens of thousands of 14 year olds?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 16, 2019, 09:10:05 pm by drfchound »
Yeah, but that is only the UK figures.
Don’t forget this happens in the rest of Europe too.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 16, 2019, 09:17:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What are the UK figures? I've seen nowt yet but an unsubstantiated assertion by Sproty.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 16, 2019, 09:29:18 pm by drfchound »
What are the UK figures? I've seen nowt yet but an unsubstantiated assertion by Sproty.

I don’t know where he got the figures from but even if there are “only” hundreds, I don’t see many people condemning it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 16, 2019, 09:34:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Personally, I condemn it unreservedly. The whole concept of forced marriage of any sort is reprehensible.

It also has nothing whatsoever to do with what I was talking about. Which, before it scuttled off down the rabbit hole that so many discussion do on here, was that even someone as sternly right-wing as Jacob Rees-Mogg was pointing out the legal issues associated with the case that we WERE discussing. Nothing more, nothing less.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 16, 2019, 09:40:39 pm by drfchound »
But do the government prosecute the husbands of the child brides of forced marriages when they come back to the UK.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 16, 2019, 09:46:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've no idea. Do some research and let us know. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 16, 2019, 10:01:19 pm by drfchound »
I am very surprised that you didn’t post a link to prove that they do.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 16, 2019, 10:12:06 pm by SydneyRover »
As a citizen of the UK the government has a duty to assist her return to this country as it has for all citizens.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 16, 2019, 10:26:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm a perpetually surprising man. But you shouldn't be surprised at this. There's no reason for me to have posted anything about it because I'm not the one making wild claims.

That kind of how it works. If you make big claims, you really ought to know they are founded on facts. It's amazing what we can get done when we start from that simple premise.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 16, 2019, 10:41:11 pm by drfchound »
BST.
I was asking questions, not trying to prove anything.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 16, 2019, 10:41:24 pm by roversdude »
As a citizen of the UK the government has a duty to assist her return to this country as it has for all citizens.
But she chose not to be a UK citizen until she wants to come back bleeding the NHS dry, I’m sure we will pay her airfare and give her a house, new clothes, kit her out with sprog accessories and then welcome her Dutch husband over.
Oh and due to the publicity give her a new identity
F*cking parasite who needs her passport tearing up

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 16, 2019, 10:55:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BST.
I was asking questions, not trying to prove anything.

Hound. There's an internet out there. Go and do some research.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012