Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:17:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders Out  (Read 5920 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Saunders Out
« on December 29, 2012, 05:02:01 pm by deebee »
Brigade are there any of you left now? Come on admit it you all got it wrong. Bring on sheffield I for one can't wait.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Saunders Out
« Reply #1 on December 29, 2012, 05:03:09 pm by mushRTID »
Here we go.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 29, 2012, 05:04:48 pm by timdrfc »
Brigade are there any of you left now? Come on admit it you all got it wrong. Bring on sheffield I for one can't wait.
They will still find a reason why they are right & he's lucky etc .. Roll on Tuesday :)

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #3 on December 29, 2012, 05:09:00 pm by Rovin Reporter »
That was more about the performance  of the super stars and not about him per-say

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 29, 2012, 05:10:34 pm by Bald Rover »
I want him out! I backed us to win 5-0 or 3-1 i can forgive us not getting 5 but ffs why not let them score saunders!
So we beat utd at home and we could go top with a game in hand........ O dear looks like a bumper crowd to......... O dear......

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 29, 2012, 05:13:28 pm by Spud »
Yaaaaaaaawn
Any point to this thread?
I came on to see a reaction to a great win and this is it?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 29, 2012, 05:13:59 pm by dumbroofer »
still close on 3k down on last season so would guess there are plenty out there. lets hope for a good performance against the blunts.
we may then keep a few more coming back.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 29, 2012, 05:17:21 pm by MachoMadness »
And the cycle continues. You know, threads like this will only make the Saunders Out, We're Just Lucky Brigade make 10 posts whenever we lose. Let's move beyond the point scoring, eh?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 29, 2012, 05:23:02 pm by dumbroofer »
And the cycle continues. You know, threads like this will only make the Saunders Out, We're Just Lucky Brigade make 10 posts whenever we lose. Let's move beyond the point scoring, eh?

agree with you there pal, bring on the new year

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 29, 2012, 05:25:15 pm by mushRTID »

Agreed. Pointless, pointless thread again having a pop at fellow fans. It amazes me.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 29, 2012, 05:27:04 pm by ridgewoodrover »
dont know  what else saunders has to do , i am a  doncaster rovers supporter  we   are well placed. i love yorkshiremen (  specially the rovers variety } glass  is always  half full or   is it  half  empty.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 29, 2012, 05:31:46 pm by SkellowRover »

Slowly winning me over based on our away form but we need to start performing like the home side when we play at home as he still needs to get our performances right at the Keepmoat and can't relly on away form alone.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 29, 2012, 05:41:01 pm by MachoMadness »
Seems as good a place as any to post it, without cluttering up the forum more, Keith Hill sacked by the Dingles.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 29, 2012, 05:53:01 pm by RoversAlias »
This place has rapidly become quite a tedious place to come on and read and threads like this are a big part of the reason why.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 29, 2012, 06:09:13 pm by Capmeister »
I've got to bite..........I just have to. Really surprised where we are. Saunders has built his team on guts and effort. It works at this level for the most part. That it is until you come up against footballing sides like Coventry. Fortunately, they are rare at this level. I suspect given our home form you may regret bringing on the Blunts with that record. I'm more concerned about the rise of the Sky Blues, a serious threat to those with auto/play off ambitions.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 29, 2012, 06:22:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
What has been achieved by Saunders in the last five months is nothing short of a miracle. Absolutely unbelievable job. However, the football we play is largely (but not always by any stretch) dirge and we are very limited against teams who want to play football rather than scrap for a match. Saying that, the SOD teams would never, ever have an away record like ours and it would be pure fantasy to think we would have ever come back to score a late goal like we have done many times this season.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 29, 2012, 06:41:48 pm by nice one rovers »
What has been achieved by Saunders in the last five months is nothing short of a miracle. Absolutely unbelievable job. However, the football we play is largely (but not always by any stretch) dirge and we are very limited against teams who want to play football rather than scrap for a match. Saying that, the SOD teams would never, ever have an away record like ours and it would be pure fantasy to think we would have ever come back to score a late goal like we have done many times this season.

Just a thought... 2 managers, Odriscoll for home games & Saunders for away games. Quick before Dingles sign Sean.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 29, 2012, 06:43:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
I honestly don't think I could put up with the complete lack of backbone in SOD teams. That dreadful feeling at 2-1 up with ten minutes to go that we were inevitably going to lose 3-2. That Reading away game when we went in 3-1 up and then ended up losing. Too many to mention. Can't ever go back to that. Sorry.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 29, 2012, 06:47:16 pm by dickos1 »
Saunders has said himself you have to build a side for what division your in, and that's exactly what he's done.
He's done everything he said he'd do, therefore when we go up he'll try and build a side that will keep us in that league. Pointless to say we wouldn't do anything in the league above cause we would have a new side.
And quite obviously we can rely on away form alone cause we are at the minute and if we carry on with the same home and away recorde we will finish top.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 29, 2012, 07:35:22 pm by GazLaz »
Zzzzzzzzz

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 29, 2012, 07:53:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Saunders has said himself you have to build a side for what division your in, and that's exactly what he's done.
He's done everything he said he'd do, therefore when we go up he'll try and build a side that will keep us in that league. Pointless to say we wouldn't do anything in the league above cause we would have a new side.
And quite obviously we can rely on away form alone cause we are at the minute and if we carry on with the same home and away recorde we will finish top.

Just to keep us in the Championship? We're gonna win that too!

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #21 on December 29, 2012, 07:58:31 pm by Rovin Reporter »

There lays the problem , building a team to get up and stay up . Oh that's gonna hurt the budget no doubt.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 29, 2012, 08:02:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »

There lays the problem , building a team to get up and stay up . Oh that's gonna hurt the budget no doubt.

Budget? What budget? We're skint.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 29, 2012, 08:04:00 pm by MachoMadness »

Yep, you're absolutely right, as we all know promotion in no way increases cash flow into the club at all.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 29, 2012, 08:58:02 pm by newyankee »

This is only a thought, but do you think that JR and the other two owners are now thinking that if we go up then we might be a better option for a takeover. None of them is getting any younger and their health is not all it should be, we could be another club with foreign ownership, but only if we get promotion.

sirfoxinthebox

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 29, 2012, 09:01:35 pm by sirfoxinthebox »
can we delete this thread :thumbdown:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 29, 2012, 10:32:26 pm by RedJ »

Here we f**king go.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #27 on December 29, 2012, 10:57:24 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Here we go # Here we go, Here we go etc ....

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 30, 2012, 12:20:29 am by Mr1Croft »

This is only a thought, but do you think that JR and the other two owners are now thinking that if we go up then we might be a better option for a takeover. None of them is getting any younger and their health is not all it should be, we could be another club with foreign ownership, but only if we get promotion.

I highly doubt it. Even as a Championship club we don't have the potential to get the crowds that would attract much investment from domestic businessmen, never mind them overseas. I also doubt JR is looking to sell any time soon. This football club is his legacy, can you imagine him getting up promoted and then selling up?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 30, 2012, 12:40:51 am by Chris Black come back »
Aside from the fact that we are effectively debt free (with most of our debt owed to the shareholders who are highly unlikely to ever call it in) Rovers must be one of the most unappetising business propositions imaginable: tiny support base in an increasingly impoverished town, surrounded on all sides by much larger and more successful clubs which has dramatically shrunk our natural support base, no real estate or stadium assets, no significant playing staff assets, business run at a loss for pretty much the last quarter century at least.

Anyone keen on a punt?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012