Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:18:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A point against the Blades ?  (Read 3115 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
A point against the Blades ?
« on December 30, 2012, 02:57:10 pm by andysly »
Of the 13,000 potentially in the ground I'd hazard a guess 80% of them would walk away pretty satisfied with a draw, and that includes both managers and teams.
I'd be happy with a 0-0 to be honest, I believe we will pick up more points against the rest of the league than Sheffield United so important not to concede any ground to them on Tuesday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: A point against the Blades ?
« Reply #1 on December 30, 2012, 03:04:11 pm by andysly »
Paddy Power
1-1 is 5/1
1-0 either side 15/2
0-0 is 17/2

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 30, 2012, 03:06:29 pm by MachoMadness »
I'd take a point, and I imagine they would as well. I think we are the marginally better side, problem is our shaky home form. Crucial that we don't lose though.

We only really seem to struggle against the more technical passing teams, though, Bournemouth, Crewe, Cov and the like, and Sheff U definitely ain't that.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 30, 2012, 03:08:26 pm by RedJ »
They're missing massive players for them though. MacGuire, Collins, their two top scorers too I think.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 30, 2012, 03:08:41 pm by mushRTID »
I think we're going to do them. No recognised centre half, first choice striker injured? They are here for the taking. I want all 3 points!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 30, 2012, 03:12:04 pm by andysly »
Also a shame Sky didnt pick the game, full ish ground for a change and a top table match. And obviously the cash, but at the moment we don't seem to exist.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 30, 2012, 03:13:02 pm by MachoMadness »
I'd forgotten about their injury problems. Mind you, we're missing a couple of players (Brown, Woods) so it's evened out somewhat. It is a good time to play them, though, it's just been a while since our last home game and my only nerves are which Rovers are going to turn up. If both sides play to the best of their abilities, we'll win. I just don't want another negative, plodding performance where we constantly let them in the gaps between midfield and defence like Cov at home.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 30, 2012, 03:15:42 pm by RedJ »
If Sky covered it we'd not get the size of crowd we're likely to.

I'd forgotten about their injury problems. Mind you, we're missing a couple of players (Brown, Woods) so it's evened out somewhat. It is a good time to play them, though, it's just been a while since our last home game and my only nerves are which Rovers are going to turn up. If both sides play to the best of their abilities, we'll win. I just don't want another negative, plodding performance where we constantly let them in the gaps between midfield and defence like Cov at home.

Maybe so re our injuries but the difference is we don't have to rely on just Brown for goals and we have cover for Woods. They have no recognised centre half and main striker is gone. There for the taking boys!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 30, 2012, 03:16:29 pm by andysly »
How will they react to the Hartlepool defeat, jolt to confidence or a kick up the arse, that could work either for or against us. An early goal for us could make all the difference.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 30, 2012, 03:24:49 pm by auckleyflyer »
we also started with a poorly cott's with no creative replacment against cov. Cotts back with a bang and now have jamie on the bench to rip into them...
Got to be a win for me, although wouldnt be upsett with a point, im quite happy bubbling along near the top without actually drawing too much attention to ourselves?? Long way to go yet!
worried about Bournmouth and coventry tho!?!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 30, 2012, 03:26:20 pm by RedJ »
I can see Coventry taking a bit of a hit once McGoldrick goes back. I know they won yesterday against a good MK but still.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #11 on December 30, 2012, 03:35:40 pm by Rovin Reporter »
It's just another game I say 2-0 at least , as we've got a far better side than the Blunts  , And A big crowd will only make the job easier for us . Shame it's not on the box .

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 30, 2012, 05:18:36 pm by timdrfc »
The Coventry situation stinks, I heard the MK Dons boss on the football league show say they keep moaning but have a squad they can't afford ! When we played them there squad list was the biggest I can ever remember even from our time in the championship.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 30, 2012, 05:43:16 pm by hoolahoop »
I wouldn't be happy with anything less than 3 points in this game and see us taking them notwithstanding Kitson.  :rtid:
Personally I can't wait but keep looking out for the weather though.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 30, 2012, 05:45:26 pm by RedJ »
I expect a loud chorus of boos every time that ginger Kitson touches the ball.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 30, 2012, 05:50:39 pm by MiKA »
Rovers 3-1 Blades

We're just a pub team and we're having a laugh  lol

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 30, 2012, 05:59:57 pm by GazLaz »
They have to be favourite with the way we have been playing at home.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 30, 2012, 07:55:45 pm by mjg »
dont forget that copper knob who used to play for pompey, he always scores against us

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 30, 2012, 08:06:29 pm by mushRTID »
He's never played us with the corporal though.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 30, 2012, 08:11:09 pm by RedJ »
He's never played us with the corporal though.
At the Lane he got part of a second half against him.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 30, 2012, 08:13:24 pm by MiKA »
What's the odds of Corporal Jones getting atleast 1 card in this game as he's going to be well up for it with the stick he'll get.

Come on Jonesy stick it  up em   :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 30, 2012, 08:50:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Kitson. What goes around comes around and he's had it coming for some time.

As said yesterday, we don't really do draws so it has to be another win ! No better time or place to do the business at home.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 30, 2012, 09:03:07 pm by bobbymax »
Also a shame Sky didnt pick the game, full ish ground for a change and a top table match. And obviously the cash, but at the moment we don't seem to exist.
Walsall v Portsmouth is live on Friday. That's certainly a game with nationwide appeal - what on earth were Sky thinking when they decided on that?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 30, 2012, 10:04:30 pm by The Red Baron »
Walsall v Portsmouth is live on Friday. That's certainly a game with nationwide appeal - what on earth were Sky thinking when they decided on that?

I said that to someone only tonight. That'll be the third time Portsmouth have been on the telly this season. OK, they were a Premier League club not that long ago, but they're a shell of the club they were then- and they could be out of business in a few weeks.

Mind you- I don't want any of our home games moving to a Friday night, thank you!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 30, 2012, 11:01:32 pm by Al4475 »
We can moan about Kitson all we like - but I'd love to have him in our team!

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 30, 2012, 11:53:05 pm by uptonson »
We can moan about Kitson all we like - but I'd love to have him in our team!

If you let me know what your team is I will arrange for him to join when he finishes as a pro.  We don't want him at Keepmoat, we got enough old strikers !!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012