Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:29:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Three refereeing decisions last night.  (Read 1482 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Three refereeing decisions last night.
« on April 25, 2018, 11:41:40 am by selby »
  One when the ball was played across the edge of their box, and a defender altered his run away from the ball to impede our player  from getting to the ball, while not being in playing distance of the ball himself, an obvious obstruction which should have been an indirect free kick.
  2) The ball was out of play for a throw in, Alcock picked the ball up to take a quick throw in and their defender deliberately knocked the ball out of his hands.
   I would have at least spoken to him and probably booked him for ungentlemanly conduct.
  3) Probably the same defender, body checking with his shoulder Blair who had pushed the ball past him.
   Dangerous play and should have been booked.
  They probably added to the excitement of the game, but it is poor refereeing, and how games get out of hand.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Three refereeing decisions last night.
« Reply #1 on April 25, 2018, 11:56:05 am by Filo »
As I mentioned in another thread, the West Stand lino should be reprimanded for pointing and shoving his finger in Fergies face, that was surely bringing the game into disrepute

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 25, 2018, 11:57:58 am by DaveDRFC »
Surely the main bad decision from last night was not playing the advantage when Marquis was clean through on goal, ref blew up far too quickly to book their player after the foul, could have easily let play go on and booked him afterwards!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 25, 2018, 12:13:12 pm by selby »
  Dave, yes he may have been hasty, but at least he did give what he saw as a foul, those three incidents in two he deemed fit to ignore what he must have seen, and in the other deemed that a shoulder charge to  the chest of a player sprinting was not dangerous play, and did not even speak to the player, just giving a free kick.
   That is poor refereeing in my opinion, I cannot remember the last time I saw an indirect free kick given for obstruction, which occurs in most games, and is just accepted nowadays.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 25, 2018, 12:20:00 pm by andysly »
The “goal” advantage decision was especially poor given he’d played advantage then stopped play at least twice in the first half after giving it a couple of seconds.
Having seen it again on telly it’s clear the Blackburn defenders & keeper had stopped having heard the whistle so maybe JM wouldn’t have scored.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 25, 2018, 12:26:31 pm by drfchound »
The “goal” advantage decision was especially poor given he’d played advantage then stopped play at least twice in the first half after giving it a couple of seconds.
Having seen it again on telly it’s clear the Blackburn defenders & keeper had stopped having heard the whistle so maybe JM wouldn’t have scored.

He should have been given the opportunity to try though.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2018, 12:27:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think he blew too early but as you say, it wasn't certain that Marquis would have scored as the defenders were closing him down, but waiting for a couple more seconds would give JM an chance to be advantaged.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2018, 04:47:35 pm by Donnywolf »
... not forgetting the farce near the end when a foul was awarded to them in their Box

The keeper who was playing injured and a centre back then positioned the ball outside the box when the "foul" was somewhere near the Penalty spot. The Ref pointed to them to take it back - so it went back 6". Twice more he told them and eventually he started walking towards the Ball and they then picked it up and spotted it on the 18 yard line. Still 6 ards further forward than it should have been

Personally I would have like him to keep walking - place the Ball where HE wanted it - and then Carded them both - telling them thats for f*****g about. However they never do

TinyPortal © 2005-2012