Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:25:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers tipped up in the Sporting Life  (Read 1499 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers tipped up in the Sporting Life
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2024, 10:43:51 pm by Campsall rover »
https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/sky-bet-league-two-play-offs-betting-tips-best-bets-and-outright-preview/217666

A suggested stake of 3 points is quite high.
“The most in form in the world”  Did i ever expect to read those words in the football press.
I think probably not.

What Rovers have achieved is nothing short of remarkable. We need to finish the job now and continue being the most inform team for 3 more games.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 03, 2024, 06:42:42 am by Northants Nomad »
Ah, if only football was played on paper and spreadsheets eh? What a boring and predictable world it would be.

Show me a poor bookie, go on, show me.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 03, 2024, 07:09:30 am by GazLaz »
Ah, if only football was played on paper and spreadsheets eh? What a boring and predictable world it would be.

You mean the wealthy bookmakers that set prices using paper, spreadsheets and data to bet against punters that use opinion, emotion and “gut feeling”?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 03, 2024, 08:33:17 am by ncRover »

You mean the wealthy bookmakers that set prices using paper, spreadsheets and data to bet against punters that use opinion, emotion and “gut feeling”?

Do Mk have more expected points in the last 12 games?
Because they’ve only scored 1 more than us but have conceded x3 the goals.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 03, 2024, 09:59:15 am by bobbymax »
Worryingly, also tipped in the Racing Post!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 04, 2024, 02:17:55 am by les@donr »
Let’s do a Southend to Crewe!

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 04, 2024, 07:15:40 am by andyst79 »
No disrespect to the other teams in the play offs as they're there on merit just like ourselves & I don't want to come across all billy big b*llocks but we're not going to get a better opportunity to go up through the play offs than this and I'm pretty sure Grant and the players are fully aware of this. It's not often I'm over confident as a Rovers fan but I just see a team at present that has togetherness & total belief in themselves and I fully expect us to complete the job.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 04, 2024, 07:33:36 am by philsky »
No disrespect to the other teams in the play offs as they're there on merit just like ourselves & I don't want to come across all billy big b*llocks but we're not going to get a better opportunity to go up through the play offs than this and I'm pretty sure Grant and the players are fully aware of this. It's not often I'm over confident as a Rovers fan but I just see a team at present that has togetherness & total belief in themselves and I fully expect us to complete the job.

Likewise; right now, in this situation, with the squad we've got, on the run we're on, it's the best chance by a county mile. I genuinely dont see a weak spot - fit team, top keeper, attacking wing backs with a solid spine, hardworking, tireless, talented midfield and a front three as good as anything else in the division just now. Cant wait for Monday

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 04, 2024, 10:11:06 am by Dutch Uncle »

Likewise; right now, in this situation, with the squad we've got, on the run we're on, it's the best chance by a county mile. I genuinely dont see a weak spot - fit team, top keeper, attacking wing backs with a solid spine, hardworking, tireless, talented midfield and a front three as good as anything else in the division just now. Cant wait for Monday

While not disagreeing, it just needs one bad day, bad luck, early injury or red card, opponents score early and find form, football history is littered with 'favourites' losing one-off matches. Yes we have a good chance but football can be a great leveler sometimes.   :scarf:

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 04, 2024, 10:19:44 am by TheFunk »
The thing we have in our favour is that due to injuries not many of our players have anywhere near 40 games in their legs.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 04, 2024, 02:44:41 pm by BobG »
Hear hear Uncle.  Way too many chickens being counted at the moment.

BobG

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 04, 2024, 06:41:30 pm by andyst79 »

While not disagreeing, it just needs one bad day, bad luck, early injury or red card, opponents score early and find form, football history is littered with 'favourites' losing one-off matches. Yes we have a good chance but football can be a great leveler sometimes.   :scarf:
Your absolutely correct there , Barnsley got done by that harsh sending off against Sheff W in league 1 play offs & were the better side throughout even with 10 men

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 04, 2024, 08:22:10 pm by Barmby Rover »
It will be hard work, but in the past few months that is something the squad have shown they are not scared of. I am confident they will pull this one off.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012