Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:14:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 24844 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #240 on August 13, 2020, 03:04:47 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Sadly he's gone. Sadlier he went to Rotherham  :chair:

My only words on the matter except to say thanks for your efforts Kieran, thanks for your posts NewDonny, and all the best to both of you.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #241 on August 13, 2020, 03:05:52 pm by silent majority »
Mmmm are you perhaps the opposite of ND in giving the Clubs side of things , which I and many others appreciate I"m sure, and I am in no way having a pop here SM
I can’t agree with that post Pancho.
There are more people interested in hearing what ND has to say than there are people asking him to leave the forum.
ND has frequently said that he has made lots of friends on here and that he wishes us well for the future.
There have been some very inaccurate posts written about KS and ND has just been putting the record straight.

But now you're assuming that ND is telling the truth.

The club state that he was offered increased terms, and yet ND says that's not correct. Personally I believe the club.

If ND is going to hang around causing more disharmony he'd be better off gone. The same was if anybody criticised his match performance all we ever got was a diatribe on how we were wrong and KS was the best thing since sliced bread. Being that close does nobody any favours.

Yes I am assuming that ND was telling the truth.
I don’t ever recall him telling us that KS was the best thing since sliced bread.
I do recall him offering a different opinion to some circumstances that had been written about.
I think it is fair to suggest that a father would stick up for his son if the criticism was unfair, in his opinion of course.

But that's the point!

A father will stick up for his son, and rightly so, but a forum of this type isn't the place to do it. ND is a supporter of his son, NOT a supporter of the club. I support the club, my club!

Come on, as others have said, any football fan is welcome on this forum.
Why should the father of one of our players be any different.
I know of one other father of a player who also posts on the forum but that isn’t questioned.
Like yourself, I also support my club and have done so for much longer than you have.
That doesn’t mean that I can’t listen  to other opinions that posters make which might sometimes question things that my club have put forward.

Do you want to back that up?

Sixty years.

Which makes you how old? I've been supporting for 56 years, so its hardly 'for much longer' as you put it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #242 on August 13, 2020, 03:19:26 pm by ravenrover »
Mmmm are you perhaps the opposite of ND in giving the Clubs side of things , which I and many others appreciate I"m sure, and I am in no way having a pop here SM

Not even remotely similar.

And I'd like to think I do much more than 'give the clubs side of things'. If it was that simple then they may just use the communication team, or the club website to issue statements.
Well that's a matter of opinion then

Not really, its a matter of fact, what I do isn't remotely similar.

If you say so

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on August 13, 2020, 04:43:21 pm by RoversAlias »
Sadly he's gone. Sadlier he went to Rotherham  :chair:

My only words on the matter except to say thanks for your efforts Kieran, thanks for your posts NewDonny, and all the best to both of you.

This excellent post should draw the line under this thread and all discussed within it, as far as I'm concerned.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on August 13, 2020, 05:48:37 pm by roversdude »
 :that:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on August 13, 2020, 06:04:49 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
whenever i think of "transfers and Roverham" i alays think of this job lot of transfers and we all know who got the best deal

"in February 1968, Denis Leigh was part of a multiple transfer in which he and Graham Watson joined fellow Fourth Division club Rotherham United while Colin Clish, Chris Rabjohn and Harold Wilcockson moved in the other direction."

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on August 13, 2020, 07:44:04 pm by idler »
Exactly. Plus we also later got John Haselden following his mates.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #247 on August 13, 2020, 08:31:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Tommy Docherty was Rotherham's manager at the time. It's widely considered to be the best transfer deal Rovers ever made.

I read somewhere that Laurie Sheffield thought Docherty was the worst manager he'd ever played under.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on August 13, 2020, 11:16:15 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Tommy Docherty was Rotherham's manager at the time. It's widely considered to be the best transfer deal Rovers ever made.

I read somewhere that Laurie Sheffield thought Docherty was the worst manager he'd ever played under.

i deliberately refrained from saying best "transfer"  but since   JM was a "signing"  not a "transfer"   you are right   ...  but i did warn you all in advance what was coming with JM

click on the "world icon" on the left .near my avatar..     cough cough

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #249 on August 14, 2020, 12:05:43 am by Bessie Red »
whenever i think of "transfers and Roverham" i alays think of this job lot of transfers and we all know who got the best deal

"in February 1968, Denis Leigh was part of a multiple transfer in which he and Graham Watson joined fellow Fourth Division club Rotherham United while Colin Clish, Chris Rabjohn and Harold Wilcockson moved in the other direction."

For me it was the best deal as I ended up marrying Colin's daughter. No transfer would have meant my life would have been completely different.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on August 14, 2020, 08:24:53 am by andy didcott »
Players come and go all the time, good luck to him.

Darren

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on August 14, 2020, 08:46:53 pm by Darren »
I really thought a line had been drawn under this topic, but i guess some people just have to have the last word.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on August 14, 2020, 08:57:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
Moved on already, Jon.

Next!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #253 on August 14, 2020, 09:06:32 pm by IDM »
Crikey, a few days break from looking at this site and back to this.   

I think it’s fair to say that somebody that has a copy of KS’ contract offer is likely to be fully aware of what that contract offer is. Though I do understand that will be hard to stomach for people that get giddy about their relationship with club officials and like to show off about it on here.

Anyway, we move on and hopefully everyone can be adult about it. Good luck to KS, to ND and let’s get building a squad for DRFC next season.

As for ND posting on this forum, I think he’s offered an interesting and different insight and is as welcome as anyone and everyone to continue adding to it. Other than people that are outright offensive, the forum should welcome all comers. It would be boring if we were all trained to think the same on all issues or abide by a sole narrative.

You say we should be adult about it immediately after putting a very thinly veiled criticism of one of our own.

Disagree. by all means, but that’s a bit unnecessary don’t you think.?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on August 14, 2020, 09:26:58 pm by ravenrover »

I think it’s fair to say that somebody that has a copy of KS’ contract offer is likely to be fully aware of what that contract offer is. Though I do understand that will be hard to stomach for people that get giddy about their relationship with club officials and like to show off about it on here.

Anyway, we move on and hopefully everyone can be adult about it. Good luck to KS, to ND and let’s get building a squad for DRFC next season.

As for ND posting on this forum, I think he’s offered an interesting and different insight and is as welcome as anyone and everyone to continue adding to it. Other than people that are outright offensive, the forum should welcome all comers. It would be boring if we were all trained to think the same on all issues or abide by a sole narrative.
Not everyone sees it that way, sadly

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #255 on August 14, 2020, 09:33:36 pm by IDM »
And the rest..

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #256 on August 15, 2020, 03:29:30 pm by scawsby steve »

You say we should be adult about it immediately after putting a very thinly veiled criticism of one of our own.

Well said IDM. We all know who was being referred to in that post, and we also know the hard work he puts in to the club on our behalf, with no financial reward whatsoever.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on August 16, 2020, 12:11:31 am by Jonathan »

Well said IDM. We all know who was being referred to in that post, and we also know the hard work he puts in to the club on our behalf, with no financial reward whatsoever.

Take 3: 

On reflection my use of the word giddy was a poor choice. Very childish and patronising and I shouldn’t have allowed myself to be dragged down to that level. Hopefully the moderator(s) will allow this comment to stick at the third attempt.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #258 on August 16, 2020, 09:31:24 am by ravenrover »
Jonathan you are not the only one to suffer censorship it seems criticism or differing comment is not allowed I wonder if Cooperative should be removed from the title of this group

TinyPortal © 2005-2012