Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 06:43:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 24994 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #210 on August 12, 2020, 09:52:16 pm by wilts rover »

Hi wilts, sorry for the late response but I have had the pleasure
 of the company of one of my grandsons today and have just finished reading him his bedtime story.
Having read your post and then the rest of the thread I see that ND has answered most of the stuff you asked in responses to other posters.
The move by KS back to Cambridge is a temporary one, a bit like a student going home in the summer before renting another house in September.
He will be renting up here again so won’t be commuting from Cambridge on a daily basis as was being suggested.

No problem hound, I am glad you are gettiing a bit of normality back even if it's just bedtime stories. That's far more important than rambling on here. I managd to get out on the bike for a couple of hours and back before the storm clouds. Still warm out there mind.

It is suprising though that you queried the accuracy of Sadlier's move to Cambridge when you knew he had moved to Cambridge.

And as I said in my first post, good luck to him commuting from Cambridge to Rotherham for training everyday - however long he has to do it.

I hope he does well for them. He had a good season and half with us and never let us down when picked. I just hope we can get someone near his class to replace him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on August 12, 2020, 09:57:01 pm by drfchound »

Hi wilts, sorry for the late response but I have had the pleasure
 of the company of one of my grandsons today and have just finished reading him his bedtime story.
Having read your post and then the rest of the thread I see that ND has answered most of the stuff you asked in responses to other posters.
The move by KS back to Cambridge is a temporary one, a bit like a student going home in the summer before renting another house in September.
He will be renting up here again so won’t be commuting from Cambridge on a daily basis as was being suggested.

No problem hound, I am glad you are gettiing a bit of normality back even if it's just bedtime stories. That's far more important than rambling on here. I managd to get out on the bike for a couple of hours and back before the storm clouds. Still warm out there mind.

It is suprising though that you queried the accuracy of Sadlier's move to Cambridge when you knew he had moved to Cambridge.

And as I said in my first post, good luck to him commuting from Cambridge to Rotherham for training everyday - however long he has to do it.

I hope he does well for them. He had a good season and half with us and never let us down when picked. I just hope we can get someone near his class to replace him.

Cheers wilts, I can’t wit to get leapt on at 6am in the morning.

I appreciate your reply but just need to add “temporary” to the sentence about commuting to Rotherham.
Also, don’t forget that Copps does an equally long commute.

I always enjoy our chats.

Stay safe.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 09:59:23 pm by drfchound »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on August 12, 2020, 09:58:27 pm by Pancho Regan »
I can’t agree with that post Pancho.
There are more people interested in hearing what ND has to say than there are people asking him to leave the forum.
ND has frequently said that he has made lots of friends on here and that he wishes us well for the future.
There have been some very inaccurate posts written about KS and ND has just been putting the record straight.

That’s fine hound, we can’t always agree on everyone’s posts and I always respect your opinions.

I just think New Donny has overstayed his welcome and should move on to the Rotherham forum to follow his son.
Thanks Kieran for your contribution to the Rovers, I loved watching your performances for us.
Good luck with Rotherham and all the best for the future.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on August 12, 2020, 10:03:15 pm by bpoolrover »
For me sadlier was a very good league 1 player, he now has to step up as he will find it far harder, I think he prob chose the right team for him as he will prob get far more game time than going to anyone else in the championship bar Wycombe

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on August 12, 2020, 10:54:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He was one of our best players but he wasn't with us long enough to be truly remembered years down the line. There's some bitterness for who he's ended up joining obviously but he clearly just wanted to get a higher level club where he'd play and progress his career. His goals and assists will be difficult to replace but we move on.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on August 12, 2020, 11:01:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
On the contract issue if we only offered him the same terms then that's on us as a club. He went from unproven player with only a record in Ireland to a top League One player so he'd deserve an increase. All we heard though was that an offers been made and with his agents and that went on for months. Did KS or his agent not try to renegotiate or was he just running down the clock? I always partly suspect the worst from the club after what we heard went off with Spurr.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on August 12, 2020, 11:37:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
If - and this is If - it was the case that he got the same deal, then that is hardly surprising given the huge financial pressures we are under. If someone as good as Copps had to take a significant pay cut, then Sadlier - if this was indeed true - getting the same terms doesn’t seem so unreasonable in the current circumstances.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on August 12, 2020, 11:46:41 pm by Janso »
On the contract issue if we only offered him the same terms then that's on us as a club. He went from unproven player with only a record in Ireland to a top League One player so he'd deserve an increase. All we heard though was that an offers been made and with his agents and that went on for months. Did KS or his agent not try to renegotiate or was he just running down the clock? I always partly suspect the worst from the club after what we heard went off with Spurr.

Key phrase right there.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on August 12, 2020, 11:51:49 pm by idler »
We don't know what either player was on last year and why should we. Wasn't the contract for KS offered before the Covid crisis escalated?
Copps is also at the end of his long career whereas KS possibly has ten more years in an increasingly unstable profession.
As for him signing for Rotherham both Graham Watson and Colin Douglas did the same before returning to us to be welcomed back and we signed enough of theirs in the past.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on August 13, 2020, 12:38:08 am by tommy toes »
Don't know what all the fuss is about Sadlier.
He was OK but nowt special IMO.
Good luck to him at Rotherham

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on August 13, 2020, 06:58:11 am by sha66y »
Perhaps DM has someone else in mind so didn’t push to keep KS , I thought he was a good finisher but lacked the all round physical game of a thoroughbred striker

Rotherham is not the place for him to develop I feel...everyone will know that Rotherham will try and bully their way to victory, and I foresee him either getting beat up most weekends, or used as an impact sub....

We shall see I guess, ( it’s only an opinion )

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on August 13, 2020, 07:43:23 am by DonnyOsmond »
If - and this is If - it was the case that he got the same deal, then that is hardly surprising given the huge financial pressures we are under. If someone as good as Copps had to take a significant pay cut, then Sadlier - if this was indeed true - getting the same terms doesn’t seem so unreasonable in the current circumstances.

Offered before Covid.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on August 13, 2020, 07:47:23 am by Chris Black come back »
If it was the case that he was offered terms pre-COVID and these were not subsequently reduced due to COVID, then that only emphasise the point that his terms were reasonable given the deteriorating financial environment in the meantime.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on August 13, 2020, 08:26:03 am by ravenrover »
Lets face facts though, Rotherham, by any stretch of the imagination don't pay excessive salaries, its why they are the yo-yo club in recent years. Any club that can still stay in the black whilst in the Championship are not overreaching themselves with salaries.

So, an odd choice for somebody with a burning ambition to play at Championship level and earn a Championship wage.

Note sure I understand the correlation between what Rotherham pay or don't pay SM with his burning ambition to play in the Championship. As I said earlier, he had a lot of options across the Championship and decided on Rotherham for a whole host of footballing reasons. What they offer him ticked all his criteria boxes.

Nothing odd in any of that.

In my humble opinion your contributions on here are doing no favours to the feelings we have about your son’s status as a former Donny Rovers player.

I loved watching Sadlier in the Rovers team and I wish he was still with us.
But he’s not.
He’s decided to leave us and sign for Rotherham.
That’s fine, good luck to the lad.

But I think you should leave this forum now because your posts are doing no favours to your son’s legacy amongst the Rovers fans, and it would be a shame to spoil the image we are left with about Sadlier.

You’re doing your son no favours. It’s time you joined the Millers fans forum.

It's a forum, people are entitled to offer opinion, as you do! ND is as welcome as any other football fan on here.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on August 13, 2020, 08:31:53 am by IDM »
There are more people interested in hearing what ND has to say than there are people asking him to leave the forum.
ND has frequently said that he has made lots of friends on here and that he wishes us well for the future.
There have been some very inaccurate posts written about KS and ND has just been putting the record straight.

That’s fine hound, we can’t always agree on everyone’s posts and I always respect your opinions.

I just think New Donny has overstayed his welcome and should move on to the Rotherham forum to follow his son.
Thanks Kieran for your contribution to the Rovers, I loved watching your performances for us.
Good luck with Rotherham and all the best for the future.

I disagree - NewDonny is as welcome to post on this forum as anyone else is.  It matters not that he’s related to an ex player now contracted to our rivals.

As for NewDonny, please think about how you can appear to come across on the Rotherham forums - there’s little more irritating than a poster claiming or appearing to be in the know, but not saying how or why.  This leads to mistrust and conflict and unnecessary arguments.

There is no need to break confidentialities nor to divulge privileged information - just say something which backs up that you are in the know ie “I’m a relative of a player - can’t say who” or “I’m a close friend of Kieran”..

That would have helped so much on here. 

As for Kieran I wish him well, football is a transient career and him going to Rotherham is irrelevant to me.  I don’t see the need for fans on here to belittle Kieran’s move just because Rotherham are our rivals and are perceived to be a struggler in the championship.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on August 13, 2020, 09:16:29 am by Campsall rover »
I think we all need to accept KS leaving to go to Rotherham.

Ok he has gone to one of our big local rivals. They are now in a division above, so you can understand why he has left us.
He has made his choice and so good luck to him.
I hope he does well.
Whether he has made the right choice only time will tell.

I am sure Rotherham fans weren’t too happy with Taylor coming to us last year, but they moved on without him and got promoted.

Who is to say we won’t do the same this coming season. Although realistically i think it might take another season or possibly two.

Footballers move clubs, that’s the industry. We move on, the Club is bigger than any one player. We had all this with Marquis leaving last summer.

Let’s move on folks.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:19:53 am by Campsall rover »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #226 on August 13, 2020, 09:29:06 am by silent majority »

But now you're assuming that ND is telling the truth.

The club state that he was offered increased terms, and yet ND says that's not correct. Personally I believe the club.

If ND is going to hang around causing more disharmony he'd be better off gone. The same was if anybody criticised his match performance all we ever got was a diatribe on how we were wrong and KS was the best thing since sliced bread. Being that close does nobody any favours.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #227 on August 13, 2020, 09:37:10 am by ravenrover »
That sounds a bit like sour grapes SM, how dare he cobtradict what you have heard! Nothing personal but I"m afraid thats how that came across to me

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on August 13, 2020, 09:59:15 am by silent majority »
That sounds a bit like sour grapes SM, how dare he cobtradict what you have heard! Nothing personal but I"m afraid thats how that came across to me

You're entitled to your opinion, but I believe what the club have said. To me the sour grapes seem to be coming from ND, who insists his son wasn't offered a better deal, an opinion that has been repeated on here by numerous people who seem to get giddy when talking to a players father.

But these are the sort of issues that shouldn't be discussed on forums like this, it does nobody any good. We would never encourage somebody that close to a player, or an employee of the club, to actively participate on the forum because situations like this will arise. We couldn't even debate the match performance of KS on a Saturday evening without having a heavily biased opinion being brought forth.

It's time to move on.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on August 13, 2020, 10:02:34 am by Chris Black come back »
I think there are lessons for both sides here. For supporters it is to remember that behind every criticism is a person and a family who have feelings and emotions. For family of players...it is is never look on forums let alone ever post!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on August 13, 2020, 10:06:03 am by drfchound »

The club state that he was offered increased terms, and yet ND says that's not correct. Personally I believe the club.

If ND is going to hang around causing more disharmony he'd be better off gone. The same was if anybody criticised his match performance all we ever got was a diatribe on how we were wrong and KS was the best thing since sliced bread. Being that close does nobody any favours.

Yes I am assuming that ND was telling the truth.
I don’t ever recall him telling us that KS was the best thing since sliced bread.
I do recall him offering a different opinion to some circumstances that had been written about.
I think it is fair to suggest that a father would stick up for his son if the criticism was unfair, in his opinion of course.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on August 13, 2020, 10:16:13 am by silent majority »

I don’t ever recall him telling us that KS was the best thing since sliced bread.
I do recall him offering a different opinion to some circumstances that had been written about.
I think it is fair to suggest that a father would stick up for his son if the criticism was unfair, in his opinion of course.

But that's the point!

A father will stick up for his son, and rightly so, but a forum of this type isn't the place to do it. ND is a supporter of his son, NOT a supporter of the club. I support the club, my club!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on August 13, 2020, 10:18:11 am by ravenrover »
Mmmm are you perhaps the opposite of ND in giving the Clubs side of things , which I and many others appreciate I"m sure, and I am in no way having a pop here SM
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:21:35 am by ravenrover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on August 13, 2020, 10:23:06 am by drfchound »

But that's the point!

A father will stick up for his son, and rightly so, but a forum of this type isn't the place to do it. ND is a supporter of his son, NOT a supporter of the club. I support the club, my club!

Come on, as others have said, any football fan is welcome on this forum.
Why should the father of one of our players be any different.
I know of one other father of a player who also posts on the forum but that isn’t questioned.
Like yourself, I also support my club and have done so for much longer than you have.
That doesn’t mean that I can’t listen  to other opinions that posters make which might sometimes question things that my club have put forward.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on August 13, 2020, 10:43:43 am by silent majority »
Mmmm are you perhaps the opposite of ND in giving the Clubs side of things , which I and many others appreciate I"m sure, and I am in no way having a pop here SM

But that's the point!

I know of one other father of a player who also posts on the forum but that isn’t questioned.
Like yourself, I also support my club and have done so for much longer than you have.
That doesn’t mean that I can’t listen  to other opinions that posters make which might sometimes question things that my club have put forward.

Do you want to back that up?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on August 13, 2020, 10:54:00 am by silent majority »

Not even remotely similar.

And I'd like to think I do much more than 'give the clubs side of things'. If it was that simple then they may just use the communication team, or the club website to issue statements.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on August 13, 2020, 11:23:48 am by Metalmicky »
I have to say that I find it strange that ND (and others) are stirring the pot TBH - and I also think that it is irrelevant what terms KS was offered by Rovers.  I trust that the terms offered were fair and at the same time were what the club deemed as financially feasible going forward.  None of us know, with any assurance, what the terms were and it is unlikely we ever will............ in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter anyway? - surely it's about the club, not one individual player.

Goodbye KS and ND - enjoy your time at Rotherham and the very best of luck...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on August 13, 2020, 12:12:29 pm by ravenrover »

And I'd like to think I do much more than 'give the clubs side of things'. If it was that simple then they may just use the communication team, or the club website to issue statements.
Well that's a matter of opinion then

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on August 13, 2020, 12:14:41 pm by silent majority »

Well that's a matter of opinion then

Not really, its a matter of fact, what I do isn't remotely similar.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on August 13, 2020, 02:55:16 pm by drfchound »

But that's the point!

Do you want to back that up?

Sixty years.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012