Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:27:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pre season bet  (Read 2440 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Pre season bet
« on July 05, 2018, 08:51:14 pm by Draytonian III »
A few weeks ago I posted a topic on the bet I have every season, Lucky 31 on promotion and Relegation,so far I’ve decided on Notts County for promotion and AFC Wimbledon for relegation, anyone else got any ideas

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Pre season bet
« Reply #1 on July 05, 2018, 08:54:14 pm by scawsby steve »
Rovers for promotion?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 05, 2018, 09:08:10 pm by Retdon1 »
I think stoke and West Brom to go straight back up. Shrewsbury could struggle this year. They have lost a lot of their better players. Rotherham to go down from championship and I think Northampton for an outside bet for league 2... chesterfield could go well under Martin Allen in the conference too.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 05, 2018, 09:22:40 pm by 5minstogo »
I like the look of Southampton to go down and Forest to get promoted.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 05, 2018, 09:23:13 pm by Donnywolf »
Scunny down ?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 05, 2018, 09:30:16 pm by RoversAlias »
MK Dons to come straight back up, they've appointed a good manager and will have a top end budget for L2.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 05, 2018, 11:23:16 pm by RedRover45 »
Forest Green relegation

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 05, 2018, 11:30:32 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Bradford have made some good signings so they won’t be far away, Lincoln in 2, Stoke in the Champ. Going down Villa might struggle if they have to offload players, Scunthorpe and Morecambe

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 06, 2018, 03:19:22 am by Alan Southstand »
Going on last season, Burton - Barnsley and Sunderland must be strong bets to go straight back up.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 06, 2018, 08:23:46 am by selby »
  Rochdale will be no pushovers this season, they have resigned their better players out of contract, and brought in some good young players.
  When  getting out of relegation trouble last season they must have finished in promotion form the number of points they picked up at the end of the season, and have a stronger squad this season.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 06, 2018, 10:14:46 am by GazLaz »
  Rochdale will be no pushovers this season, they have resigned their better players out of contract, and brought in some good young players.
  When  getting out of relegation trouble last season they must have finished in promotion form the number of points they picked up at the end of the season, and have a stronger squad this season.

You are the only person that loves Rochdale more than me Selby old lad.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 06, 2018, 01:56:14 pm by selby »
  Gaz, the only club I love are the mighty Rovers,I do however admire clubs like Rochdale, Accrington etc.
   They are in an area where some of the biggest clubs in the world are situated, never in my lifetime have had pots  of money, and yet keep going and produce the odd good teams and players against all the odds.
   They impressed me last season in our four games against them, the two players I would have gone for this preseason especially.
  I will watch their results with interest this season, they have a good experienced manager at this level, and are coming off a good finish to last season, I think they could do well, but go under the radar with most pundits.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 06, 2018, 03:25:39 pm by ravenrover »
Aren't we in the same boat? I mean we have Champions of Europe (still) and Owls and Blunts, try telling their fans they are not "massive" clubs 😂

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 06, 2018, 03:39:21 pm by selby »
  RR,most of those clubs supporters are so far up their own backsides, they don't know there is a world.
   They just have big imaginations, or were dropped on their heads when youngsters.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 06, 2018, 06:37:38 pm by idler »
I don't think that's right Selby.
They just chose the easy option of watching a bigger or better club than their own town team at the time.
My son takes the mickey out of me because whenever and wherever I meet someone and they ask where I'm from I always answer Doncaster but I moved to Bradford in 1978. I've met and worked with a lot of fans of other clubs and always had respect for sticking with my team. I now have other fans watching out for our results and when we played Leeds at Wembley got loads of texts wishing us well.
Don't forget Rovers fans also got thanks and respect from Hull fans who were at Wrmbley the day before. They said Rovers fans wished them well or congratulated them whereas Leeds fans down there hoped that they would lose.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 06, 2018, 07:13:33 pm by Draytonian III »
As I’ve posted before those 9 or so days in between playing Southend and Leeds , I had supporters of 17 different teams wishing me well and wanting us to win,and most of them because we were playing Leeds,Vermin

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 06, 2018, 07:50:39 pm by swintonrover »
As I’ve posted before those 9 or so days in between playing Southend and Leeds , I had supporters of 17 different teams wishing me well and wanting us to win,and most of them because we were playing Leeds,Vermin

After the Southend game 4 separate Southend fans approached us, shook our hands and told us to go and beat "those bas**rds".
People write their own epitaphs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012