Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:38:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 29 Points from Safety.....  (Read 2088 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
29 Points from Safety.....
« on September 29, 2018, 06:04:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
.......and it's only the end of September!

Seriously though, we are racking up the points! A great win today and, by the sound of it, the scoreline didn't reflect our dominance. Poor old Alfie must have had 3 or 4 chances in his short cameo, one of which was cleared off the line.

Now for a really tough fixture on Tuesday, at Accrington, who are going well themselves.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: 29 Points from Safety.....
« Reply #1 on September 29, 2018, 06:16:55 pm by Lesonthewest »
Great win again, was gutted when Alfie had that one cleared off the line, put a wager for Rovers to win 4-1 at 35/1. Tuesday will be tough again but they will be worrying about us on this form I'm sure.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 29, 2018, 06:43:55 pm by graingrover »
Alfie was good  today ..full of energy and positive runs
.deserved a goal
.JM magnificent and a good all round team performance again ..Marosi 7 Mason 8 Wright 7 Butler 8 Andrew 6 Kane 8 Blair 7 Copps 6 Anderson 6 Marquis 9 Wilks 7 ..subs May 7 Crawford 7 Beestin 6 .

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 29, 2018, 09:31:33 pm by Branton Rover »
Love McCann’s positivity but sometimes wish he wouldn’t say the things he does - today he said he wanted us to be Top by next Saturday - would much rather go a bit more under the radar than hit the summit so early if you know what I mean

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 29, 2018, 09:41:50 pm by dknward2 »
Top after next weekend and stay there all season sound good to me

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 29, 2018, 09:51:06 pm by Campsall rover »
We could be top on Tues night as both Peterborough and Portsmouth have difficult fixtures on paper.
But position in the table takes care of itself if you keep getting 3 points in most games.
Let’s just focus on the next match as that is always the most important one.
GM don’t get ahead of yourself please. One game at a time.
Next Saturday is irrelevant until around 9-40 pm on Tues eve.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 29, 2018, 10:58:10 pm by Alan Southstand »
Tuesday is going to be a very tough game. Win there and even I might start to get excited!

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 29, 2018, 11:04:15 pm by Michael Shaw »
Seeing us 3rd already excites me.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 30, 2018, 12:16:30 am by Lesonthewest »
Four points from the next two games would be excellent.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 30, 2018, 12:41:46 am by selby »
  Grainge, 6 for Coppinger is harsh, he took a bad knock to the head, and went off holding the side of his head, but had set up two of the goals, yes he was not in the game all the time, but when he was he was very influential.
   The six  for Beestin would be a four from me, he was slow and way off the pace of the game, May played well,and was very unlucky with his volley cleared off the line, which he took well, but the miss from the centre of the goal from six yards, he really has to start taking them.
 Crawford is a good footballer, but looked to tire after coming on and influencing the game straight away.
   Whiteman was missed, and we would probably have been better with McCullough, Anderson was OK, but we were not solid in front of the back four, Butler and Wright having to step forward as the cover was lacking, against a better team we could have got really exposed.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 30, 2018, 03:05:40 am by scawsby steve »
  Grainge, 6 for Coppinger is harsh, he took a bad knock to the head, and went off holding the side of his head, but had set up two of the goals, yes he was not in the game all the time, but when he was he was very influential.
   The six  for Beestin would be a four from me, he was slow and way off the pace of the game, May played well,and was very unlucky with his volley cleared off the line, which he took well, but the miss from the centre of the goal from six yards, he really has to start taking them.
 Crawford is a good footballer, but looked to tire after coming on and influencing the game straight away.
   Whiteman was missed, and we would probably have been better with McCullough, Anderson was OK, but we were not solid in front of the back four, Butler and Wright having to step forward as the cover was lacking, against a better team we could have got really exposed.

By God, some negative comments there Brian, especially for a team playing as well as we are; 4 for Beestin?, are you serious?, a player has to be atrocious to get a score as low as that.

As for thinking that McCullough would improve this team, what planet are you on?; if he was that good GM wouldn't have shipped him off to Tranmere.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 30, 2018, 05:47:56 am by Alan Southstand »
I've watched Beestin play for the Development team and he does seem to have a problem with fatigue (to his own admission), but, there again, these lads are not playing week in, week out at the same intensity. It's something that he needs to get right though, if he has any designs on getting near to the first team. Before long, Rowe will be back in contention and that could scupper his place on the bench.

The 4 awarded might have something to do with him only being on the pitch for 15 mins, or so? The manager seemed to suggest that all the subs had an impact, so who are we to argue?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 30, 2018, 07:04:59 am by Michael Shaw »
My wife is in the Hallamshire Hospital having had a titanium plate put in her head after having a tumour removed from her brain. She has been 3 days on the neurological intensive care unit and they thought she had also had a stroke. If I need cheering up I just need to look at the league one table and see Rovers above Sunderland and Barnsley.  That is guaranteed to put a silly smile on my face. Lighten up guys and enjoy the ride. Criticism of individual players when we are doing so well can hardly be justified. Thanks McCann for putting some excitement into my life.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 30, 2018, 09:10:16 am by Donnywolf »
That puts it all in perspective

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 30, 2018, 09:16:48 am by idler »
Michael, tell the wife that you love her so much you will take her to the Keepmoat.
She will either think that you are a hero or say Don't worry about me love, just go on your own and enjoy it".
Win win.😉
I hope that she is out soon.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 30, 2018, 09:28:12 am by Jonathan »
I think the 4 rating possibly relates to him not being called Mandeville.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 30, 2018, 12:26:01 pm by RoversAlias »
Michael, all the best wishes to your wife and I'm glad the Rovers are bringing some much needed relief for you at the moment. Long may it continue! Really does put it all into perspective.

I think the 4 rating possibly relates to him not being called Mandeville.

Had a dig at him and May on another thread too, can't resist!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012