Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:26:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charlton fans’ opinions on today’s game...........non-too happy!  (Read 3138 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
I like the thread title: Charlton Reserves v Doncaster!

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/83985/charlton-reserves-v-doncaster-post-match-views

Very unhappy fans. :headbang:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:35:16 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Charlton fans’ opinions on today’s game...........non too happy!
« Reply #1 on December 01, 2018, 06:20:56 pm by LincsRover »
Lee Bowyer, “not that fussed” to get knocked out of fa cup! Please, please, please let’s get a glamour draw and watch the meltdown at charlton!! Hahaha!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
I don't understand their thinking. I'm not complaining but I expect they will be if we land a plum tie on Monday.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
I think not taking the FA cup seriously is a disgrace.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
And they still charge the full £15/head on the day. What a disgrace!
 :evil:

Southboy

• VSC Member
Re: Charlton fans’ opinions on today’s game...........non-too happy!
« Reply #5 on December 01, 2018, 06:52:25 pm by Southboy »
We got £54k from today - and the chance to play for £135k. Crazy not to put out a good team...

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 01, 2018, 07:17:39 pm by Donnywolf »
I don't understand their thinking. I'm not complaining but I expect they will be if we land a plum tie on Monday.

They were incensed (2/3 rds of them anyway) before KO because they feared that they were throwing away their chance of "a dream tie" v Palace by fielding a weak side

A third of them wanted them to go for it !

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Winning is a habit

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
We got £54k from today - and the chance to play for £135k. Crazy not to put out a good team...

If I was the Director of Finance at Charlton, the first thing that I would do on Monday morning would be to haul Bowyer into his office and demand an explanation as to why, from a financial point of view, he didn’t take the game seriously enough.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 01, 2018, 09:50:00 pm by bobbymax »
Bizarre team choice by Bowyer. Disrespectful to the fans, the competition and the opposition. They haven't got another game until next Saturday. We've given Copps a rest, got another hour into TR and a nice bit of prize money with a chance of a bigger pay day next month, all without undue stress.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 01, 2018, 09:50:09 pm by StocksArmy »
As a supporter of a club I would be fuming at what Bowyer has done. Very professional on our part, well done GM, staff and players.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 02, 2018, 09:12:10 am by mrfrostsdad »
I have no doubts that Bowyer did it because he believes the league is much more important than the FA Cup.
If we're talking purely financial terms, as some are above, the tv money from being in the Championship is about £4m compared to about £400k in League 1.
Whilst I'm glad we're in round 3 and hope we get a good home tie, I would sooner us have beat them in the league down there a couple of weeks ago, than win in the cup. The league is by far the most important. In my opinion obs

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 02, 2018, 09:24:00 am by bobbymax »
Yes but the league game has gone. If professional footballers can't handle two games in eight days, they either aren't fit or shouldn't be professional footballers.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 02, 2018, 10:22:52 am by IDM »
Yes the league may be more important, but the cup is important enough to play a strong side..

If we harbour thoughts of promotion we should welcome the chance to play teams from a higher level..

And as the poster above said, the players are pros and should be able to manage a few cup ties in addition to the league fixtures..

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 02, 2018, 10:39:23 am by Donnywolf »
Yes the league may be more important, but the cup is important enough to play a strong side..

If we harbour thoughts of promotion we should welcome the chance to play teams from a higher level..

And as the poster above said, the players are pros and should be able to manage a few cup ties in addition to the league fixtures..

100% right

I cannot for the life of me work out why they WOULD NOT have gone for it at home.

I also cant understand why Clubs in Div 4 prioritise after only a few games on "their safety" or "their Promo chances" and instead "throw away" their entries in a Cup Competition - even the Checkatrade to further those aims at THAT part of a Season

How did they know at that time.

There is a great chance for us now to have a money spinning home tie - and the possible "glory" of Chelsea Away or Liverpool at Home just for the sake of playing as full a Side as possible to get it and as someone said earlier "winning is  a habit" and we did ourselves no harm yesterday A real Win Win

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 02, 2018, 10:42:13 am by RedJ »
Best get the post code for Boundary Park.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Best get the post code for Boundary Park.
Don’t need it can do that one blind fold now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012