Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:17:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Under 16's travelling on away coaches  (Read 2143 times)

retford rover

• VSC Member
Under 16's travelling on away coaches
« on December 14, 2018, 01:36:23 pm by retford rover »
As from the Fleetwood game, fans  aged 16  or under on  the Supporters Club buses must have a adult or an over 18 to vouch for them and take responsibility for them travelling on the coach.
We do not want to discourage the young un's travelling, as there's some really great kids going to the games, but in light of a few  recent incidents and being in line with other clubs, we feel this is our only course of action,  Its all down to safe guarding, I hope fans will understand why we have had to do this, and hope the young un's can get a adult to travel with them,  were all rovers.
Will update in the new year, after more discussions
Retford Rovers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Under 16's travelling on away coaches
« Reply #1 on December 14, 2018, 02:06:41 pm by Filo »
I totally understand where you’re coming from, but can’t help good kids are being punished for the actions of a d**khead

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 14, 2018, 02:11:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
NONCE-sense.

klindle

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 14, 2018, 02:15:36 pm by klindle »
Thanks Paul this might help some of us 'old uns' to return to away games having been put off by events at some of last year and this years away games? I think the time has come for the club to make a firm stance on away behaviour especially. We need to have a mutual agreement with other clubs to show no tolerance for this behaviour, starting with the game at Preston. Also the club needs to look at the demographics of our supporters in general, just take a walk along the concourse of the West Stand and you will fully appreciate that the majority of supporters are in the 'older' age bracket and have never behaved in such away and do not tolerate it! No we don't want to punish the youngsters but if they are involved and/or influenced then they need to take responsibility Thanks again for your continued help and support.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 14, 2018, 03:02:46 pm by drfchound »
With the greatest of respect to the older age bracket, how do you know that they have never behaved in a bad way.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 14, 2018, 03:27:23 pm by RoversAlias »
I was going to say the same Hound, I've seen some older lads behaving like absolute twonks at football games before, it isn't always the young uns playing up while the respectable veterans sit sensibly in disapproval.

I agree with the coach policy mind, logical move I have to say Paul and it might do something to slightly lessen the numbers of misbehaving youths although I suspect the ones causing problems at away games largely go on the train so they can have a couple of drinks beforehand and cause more bother in public.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 14, 2018, 04:11:05 pm by Muttley »
Feels a bit counterproductive to me.

If they travel on the supporters club coach they have limited time to cause issues between leaving Doncaster and getting to the away ground.

Once inside the ground, how they travelled is completely irrelevant to how they behave in the stadium.

By banning unaccompanied u16s from the coach you are potentially forcing them onto the train where they have far more potential to cause bother and drink alcohol.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 14, 2018, 04:54:16 pm by keith79 »
Anyone see the Chelsea fan with sterling he was in his 60s

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 14, 2018, 06:40:46 pm by turnbull for england »
Learnt some good lessons on how to behave on Kev rogans bus late 80's, a guiding hand goes a long way

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 14, 2018, 07:08:09 pm by Upton Rover »
I am in the older age bracket but I have seen some of our adults behave like kids. As for branding all under 18s with the same brush is harsh. We need to encourage them to come to games not drive them away. They are the futcher of the club.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 14, 2018, 07:26:29 pm by idler »
Not Ben Futcher I hope. 😉
Damn predictive text?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 14, 2018, 08:22:00 pm by silent majority »
I do believe that children under the age of 8 cannot travel without adult supervision, and children over that age need parental permission by way of a letter etc. However practical advice for football coaches is not to allow children under the age of 16 to travel without adult, not necessarily parental, supervision.

kenrockrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 15, 2018, 06:48:02 am by kenrockrover »
 :( As much as I agree with many earlier comments on this post. In my position as a disabled person.
A father of a 16yr old who has been on away games to Gillingham / Bristol Rovers in the past,feel as much understand but feeel frustrated as my is affected by this discion.

Before a rant goes on why don't I take him comment. If you wish that pls send petrol & ticket money to me. 😃
My son has not been involved & now been punished for a person within his age group.
Using the trains is not realistically a safe thing all the time to support your team.Safety is paramount of course.
 :bscarf: COYR

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 15, 2018, 09:26:58 am by RedJ »
And the train can cost a f**king fortune even for kids.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 15, 2018, 09:38:01 am by NickDRFC »
:( As much as I agree with many earlier comments on this post. In my position as a disabled person.
A father of a 16yr old who has been on away games to Gillingham / Bristol Rovers in the past,feel as much understand but feeel frustrated as my is affected by this discion.

Before a rant goes on why don't I take him comment. If you wish that pls send petrol & ticket money to me. 😃
My son has not been involved & now been punished for a person within his age group.
Using the trains is not realistically a safe thing all the time to support your team.Safety is paramount of course.
 :bscarf: COYR

If he’s been before and not caused any trouble surely there’s someone who can vouch for him?

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 15, 2018, 11:40:01 am by retford rover »
I do sympathise with the youg uns, if we can get someone to vouch for them, or willing to look after them at the games and on the bus they can travel,  but we live in a blame culture   and Safe guarding of minors, if one of the young uns get inured  or get into trouble, who takes responsibility.
95 per cent of the kids who travel on the coach are no problem, and are a credit to the club, better than some of our older supporters at times, we are not out to punish them,  Doncaster Rovers are one of the only clubs that have allowed kids to travel unsupervised. I used to travel on my own with ken Avis coach in the 70's when i was 11, society has changed since.
if anyone wants to discuss   or vouch for one of the young un's on the coaches and travel with them, i gladly like to help, we don't want to lose another generation of fans................
Paul
retford rover   07961-727769

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 15, 2018, 02:42:38 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Learnt some good lessons on how to behave on Kev rogans bus late 80's, a guiding hand goes a long way

Had some great laughs on his coaches!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012