Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:19:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Can we appeal that red card ?  (Read 3637 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Can we appeal that red card ?
« Reply #60 on April 29, 2024, 01:26:41 am by Colemans Left Hook »
if you stop the video anywhere in the first half that shows the goalposts we were attacking you can see how the groundsman conveniently cut the grass to effectively to create  two parallell lines as i have shown by extrapolating
with my tape

we can see these lines in the second half (the penalty spot is also visible) from that we can make a decision on whether the ball was going wide --

but thinking about it our defender would have "caught" the ball to kick it away so did the hand ball prevent a goal scoring (own -goal) attempt - nobody has mentioned our young defender would have cleared it

so look again noticing the lines caused by the groundsman

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 29, 2024, 01:42:17 am by Colemans Left Hook »
and on this one i have got both of the groundsman's lines in

both images are what i posted earlier

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 29, 2024, 01:51:18 am by Colemans Left Hook »
 2 lines to the goalposts drawn in here

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 29, 2024, 06:01:46 am by Sammy Chung was King »
An appeal must be made. It wasn’t going directly in, the opposition player wasn’t guaranteed that he would score from it. It is a booking, I see no reason why the club wouldn’t have a good chance of winning the appeal.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 29, 2024, 08:38:36 am by IDM »
Because they will back the referee’s real time (no var no replays no photos) on pitch decision.

If they argue the Gills player had an opportunity to nick the ball off our retreating defender, he would have had an open goal to aim for. 

I agree it should have been a yellow but I would be surprised if we do appeal.  Too risky for an extended ban.

I said before, Jones will do ok.  Our defence has been great recently so it’s a team effort to keep the opposition out.  TLT is the better keeper, but Jones will be fine.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 29, 2024, 09:38:15 am by Donnywolf »
Never mind the ins and outs , and a Mate of mine was seething over the Wall set up for the Free Kick

He said watch it (and I hadn't noticed) their Player stood in wall with Haks alongside them inexplicably when their player moved so did Haks leaving a huge gap

Can't criticise anyone but it was a free shot and they took it . Suspect this will have been noticed and ironed out for future games

COYR ... I'll give you mates Email as he doesn't post on here. He has a point though

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 29, 2024, 09:56:10 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Never mind the ins and outs , and a Mate of mine was seething over the Wall set up for the Free Kick

He said watch it (and I hadn't noticed) their Player stood in wall with Haks alongside them inexplicably when their player moved so did Haks leaving a huge gap

Can't criticise anyone but it was a free shot and they took it . Suspect this will have been noticed and ironed out for future games

COYR ... I'll give you mates Email as he doesn't post on here. He has a point though

Just watched it back, isn't that technically a free kick to us? He's too close to the wall their player in theory?

Of course Jones didn't have much time to set up having just come on.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 29, 2024, 10:01:59 am by Jonathan »
From where we were behind the goal (almost directly in line) the wall placement looked awful and seemed to leave half the goal to go at. Could see it playing out as it did a mile off. Really unenviable situation for any goalkeeper to come on to, and it looked like he didn’t get / take any chance to set the wall up properly. Anyhow, great save from Jones at the end and we’re going to need him at his best next Monday.

I still think the red card was harsh but totally get the argument that there’s little point appealing. It wasn’t a glaringly obvious error by the ref, hence why we’re still debating it on here. Need to move on now.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 10:06:48 am by Jonathan »

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 29, 2024, 10:15:11 am by ForsolongaRover »
Because they will back the referee’s real time (no var no replays no photos) on pitch decision.

If they argue the Gills player had an opportunity to nick the ball off our retreating defender, he would have had an open goal to aim for. 

I agree it should have been a yellow but I would be surprised if we do appeal.  Too risky for an extended ban.

I said before, Jones will do ok.  Our defence has been great recently so it’s a team effort to keep the opposition out.  TLT is the better keeper, but Jones will be fine.

One obvious fact that has not been mentioned is the reaction of the Rovers players to the decision to send TLT off. They accepted it… powerful evidence that they felt the ref was right!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 29, 2024, 10:44:48 am by GazLaz »
From where we were behind the goal (almost directly in line) the wall placement looked awful and seemed to leave half the goal to go at. Could see it playing out as it did a mile off. Really unenviable situation for any goalkeeper to come on to, and it looked like he didn’t get / take any chance to set the wall up properly. Anyhow, great save from Jones at the end and we’re going to need him at his best next Monday.

I still think the red card was harsh but totally get the argument that there’s little point appealing. It wasn’t a glaringly obvious error by the ref, hence why we’re still debating it on here. Need to move on now.

Really poor aftertime by me admittedly but I said to my lad at the time that I fancied them scoring from the free kick. Like you say, the whole setup looked wrong.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 29, 2024, 10:51:31 am by donnievic »

you could be right about there player not being the required distance away bit hard to tell as he goes behind the wall and presume stands where jones can’t see it,people say the wall is set up wrong and it isn’t really,he has to set it up to the one side so other player can’t curl it Round like moly did at Morecombe and then also wants to try to be able to see the ball being hit,yes you could say he got beat at his side of the goal but it was struck well and their player moved across and towards the edge of the wall and possibly blocking his view until it’s too late

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 29, 2024, 10:52:47 am by BillyStubbsTears »

A wall pretty much always leaves a good chunk of the goal to aim at. You can't cover the whole of the goal unless you use every outfield player in the wall. That sets the striker the option of a clear shot towards a half of the goal that the keeper should be covering, or a difficult curl over the wall to the other side of the goal.

The problem was that Jones didn't get a form hand on the ball, after appearing to take half a step to the other side as if he was expecting the shot to be curled over the wall into the opposite corner. Doing that made him slower to get down to where the ball did go.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 29, 2024, 10:58:07 am by Jonathan »

A wall pretty much always leaves a good chunk of the goal to aim at. You can't cover the whole of the goal unless you use every outfield player in the wall. That sets the striker the option of a clear shot towards a half of the goal that the keeper should be covering, or a difficult curl over the wall to the other side of the goal.

The problem was that Jones didn't get a form hand on the ball, after appearing to take half a step to the other side as if he was expecting the shot to be curled over the wall into the opposite corner. Doing that made him slower to get down to where the ball did go.

Totally understand that the wall will always leave space at one side for the keeper to see. But the placement just looked all wrong from where we were and a good half of the goal was open for exactly what happened. 

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 29, 2024, 11:58:03 am by ForsolongaRover »

It illustrates why TLT is first choice. We’ve seen before that Jones does not have as much strength in his hands as we might hope - quite apart from his generally slow reactions.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 29, 2024, 01:05:36 pm by Alan Southstand »
It wasn’t a glaringly obvious error by the ref, hence why we’re still debating it on here.

Unlike the foul on Maxwell, in their area, that wasn’t given!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 29, 2024, 04:49:41 pm by drfchound »
On the subject of defensive walls, no one has mentioned the direct free kick we got late on in the second half for the handball by their defender right on the edge of the box.
The ref didn’t get the wall back anywhere near far enough, possibly seven or eight yards only.
When he did his pacing out of the distance he did it in a curve then used his spray foam.
When the ref turned his back the wall move ahead of the spray foam and he didn’t spot it.
There was also another Gills player to the left of Moly who was only about five or six paces away from the ball too and the ref sprayed his foam where the said Gills player was standing.
Shocking again by the ref.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 29, 2024, 06:34:31 pm by scawsby steve »

It illustrates why TLT is first choice. We’ve seen before that Jones does not have as much strength in his hands as we might hope - quite apart from his generally slow reactions.

Yeah, his reaction to that bullet header near the end was really slow, and there was no strength in his hand as he kept it out.

Why are people doing this? The young kid's doing his best, and will do at Crewe. We all know that TLT is better than Louis, but if Louis makes any slip-ups and costs us the game at Crewe, then TLT will be just as culpable, because his mistake is the reason why Louis is playing.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 01, 2024, 05:38:20 pm by drfchound »
The evidence from the clip suggests that the header was going miles wide of the goal.

In real time, live, on Saturday I thought it was going wide.
Having watched the highlights I haven’t changed my mind.

You know just looking at it again i agree, if you freeze the point where TLT gets his hand on it you can see he is positioned to the left of the penalty spot in a straight line with this being the case and from the position that Sterry heads it (he's to the left of TLT as we look)couple with the distance he is out from the goal line then compounding the balls flight trajectory back would have it missing the left hand post by a good distance.

Maybe we should of appealed it.

Maybe the powers that he have agreed that the ball was going wide of the goal after Sterry headed it and that one of our three defenders would have got to the ball before the lone Gillingham attacker could have tried to knock the ball into the goal.
One our our posters (Prez) said he was right in line with the ball and that it was definitely not going into the goal.
Knowing Prez, I have no doubt that he be correct in what he said.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 02, 2024, 02:02:09 am by Colemans Left Hook »
if you stop the video anywhere in the first half that shows the goalposts we were attacking you can see how the groundsman conveniently cut the grass to effectively to create  two parallell lines as i have shown by extrapolating
with my tape

we can see these lines in the second half (the penalty spot is also visible) from that we can make a decision on whether the ball was going wide --

but thinking about it our defender would have "caught" the ball to kick it away so did the hand ball prevent a goal scoring (own -goal) attempt - nobody has mentioned our young defender would have cleared it

and they say the other man's grass is always greener (think about it ) part 1
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 02:04:45 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on May 02, 2024, 02:06:14 am by Colemans Left Hook »
with my tape

and they say the other man's grass is always greener (think about it ) part 2

SO THE GILLINGHAM GROUNDSMAN - THANKS TO THE WAY HE CUT THE GRASS AND PRODUCED THE PARALLEL LINES - SAVES THE DAY FOR US AND THE CURSE IS BROKEN

DID YOU KNOW CREWE ALSO GOT A SENDING OFF REVERSED SO THE BLOKE COULD PLAY AGAINST COLCHESTER.

TO THINK CREWE HAVE SPENT ALL WEEK DEVELOPING A CUNNING PLAN TO PLAY ON "JONES" AND IT HAS FALLEN ON STONY GROUND 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 02:11:40 am by Colemans Left Hook »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012