Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:20:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rochdale Highlights  (Read 15389 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Rochdale Highlights
« Reply #1 on April 02, 2016, 08:27:26 pm by mushRTID »
When the ball gets cleared off the line, around 1:11....wtf is coppinger doing? Proper half arsed effort to get the ball, should have put his foot through it!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 02, 2016, 08:28:56 pm by drfchound »
Incredibly soft booking.
Especially when you consider how much the Peterborough players got away with.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 02, 2016, 08:46:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's the defending that makes me wince. Week after week after f**king week. I've seen more organisation at an Anarchists' outing.

That first goal. Yes, the goalkeeping was dreadful, bordering on surreal, but even so, their lad has just lumbered onto a punt into the box and had time to bring the ball down and shoot without a challenge. We were outnumbering them 5-2 in the business area. And he's still not had a player get within 2 yards of him as he's taken that ball down and scored. It's like McCullough has been cryo-f**king-genically frozen as the ball drops into the box. Absolutely rank, rank, rank defending.

And then that second one. f**king, f**king, f**king Kitsoning hell.

Yes, we're a man down, but after we've missed an initial header and another chance to clear, we finally boot the thing 20 yards only for Coppinger to f**k about and lose the ball (Row f**king Z!) then we end up with five players tracking 2 down the wing, STILL don't stop the cross and then we're outnumbered 4-3 in our own f**king 6 yard box. With Williams around the penalty spot looking like Ray Harryhausen's Talos watching a proton around the Large Hadron f**king Collider as a Rochdale rushed by him MAKING A f**kING EFFORT.

And THAT my friends, is why we are going down. Because for the last few months, when it's mattered, we have been a disorganised rabble.

Only one place where the buck stops for that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:55:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 02, 2016, 08:54:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
I would say 4 of our players are out of position for the first goal, one being the goalkeeper. Everyone in the ground and on the pitch just looks surprised he's scored. If you've watched us all season though, it's not surprising.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 02, 2016, 09:01:38 pm by tommy toes »
You're picking the ONE incident  where it went wrong BST.
If you'd been there you'd have seen Rovers manage the game extremely well for 95% of it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 02, 2016, 09:03:48 pm by dickos1 »
It's a great touch though

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 02, 2016, 09:13:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's a great touch though

It reminds me a bit of the Williams goal at Oldham but the brilliance of that goal was that he had a player marking him. This guy has no one within 10 meters of him and that shot would have been saved if the keeper was in a good position.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:15:47 pm by Copps is Magic »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 02, 2016, 09:13:41 pm by PDX_Rover »
Ridiculous booking.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 02, 2016, 09:30:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No Tommy. Im picking two incidents where the defending is utterly appalling.

It doesn't matter how well you play for the other 88 minutes when you have the potential to self-destruct like that. And we do. We've been doing similar things every week for months.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 02, 2016, 09:50:56 pm by bpoolrover »
Agree it's a 90 minute game, our problem is the mistakes cost us goals every time

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 02, 2016, 09:52:23 pm by RoversAlias »
You're picking the ONE incident  where it went wrong BST.
If you'd been there you'd have seen Rovers manage the game extremely well for 95% of it.

I'm sorry but that isn't a defence, the team should be able to manage the game well for 100% of the time, simple as that. We never do, we concede every week and it's almost always terrible mistakes and easily avoidable goals going against us. It simply isn't good enough at all.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 02, 2016, 10:00:38 pm by normal rules »
Jones wouldn't have let it happen.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Coppinger  is not and should not be captain.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 02, 2016, 10:01:34 pm by Campsall rover »
Got to agree with BST.
We have conceded some horrendous goals in this winless run, as well as we played today.
We find a way of conceding week after week and that is why we are in this relegation scrap. DF and the coaching staff are responsible as well as the players.
In the last 3 mins of which 2 should not have existed we did not manage the game well at all. Allowed Rochdale to put the ball into our box numerous times.
Players were desperate for a win and panicked. The ball should have spent more time in the corner flag area at other end of the pitch.
The first 49 mins of the 2nd half Rochdale didn't trouble our Keeper, we were in almost total control.
That's what a losing run of this magnitude does to footballers.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 02, 2016, 10:08:31 pm by Pancho Regan »
It's the defending that makes me wince. Week after week after f**king week. I've seen more organisation at an Anarchists' outing.

That first goal. Yes, the goalkeeping was dreadful, bordering on surreal, but even so, their lad has just lumbered onto a punt into the box and had time to bring the ball down and shoot without a challenge. We were outnumbering them 5-2 in the business area. And he's still not had a player get within 2 yards of him as he's taken that ball down and scored. It's like McCullough has been cryo-f**king-genically frozen as the ball drops into the box. Absolutely rank, rank, rank defending.

And then that second one. f**king, f**king, f**king Kitsoning hell.

One question BST........were you there?

Yes, we're a man down, but after we've missed an initial header and another chance to clear, we finally boot the thing 20 yards only for Coppinger to f**k about and lose the ball (Row f**king Z!) then we end up with five players tracking 2 down the wing, STILL don't stop the cross and then we're outnumbered 4-3 in our own f**king 6 yard box. With Williams around the penalty spot looking like Ray Harryhausen's Talos watching a proton around the Large Hadron f**king Collider as a Rochdale rushed by him MAKING A f**kING EFFORT.

And THAT my friends, is why we are going down. Because for the last few months, when it's mattered, we have been a disorganised rabble.

Only one place where the buck stops for that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 02, 2016, 10:09:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just watching their equaliser again.

McCullough. What the actual F? Tell me there's not a chance of this lad coming up against the best that Europe has to offer this summer.

Firstly, he makes an absolute herniated bollock of a regulation header. Totally misjudges the flight of the harmless free kick lobbed into the box. Take two steps forward and jumps under the ball.

Then when we effect a half clearance, he comes charging out of the box faster than a bloke playing away when he hear's the husband's car pulling up outside. So fast that he runs STRAIGHT PAST the winger who puts the cross in. All he had to do was stand the f**ker up, be a barrier and make it hard for the winger. Instead he's gone charging in with no f**king thought of what to do when he got there and he's been made to look like a kid in a man's game.

God help NI if he ends up marking Lewandowski and Mueller in June.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 02, 2016, 10:12:21 pm by Pancho Regan »
Were you at the game today BST?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 02, 2016, 10:13:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No I wasn't Pancho. Does that invalidate my comments on the defending for the two goals?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 02, 2016, 10:16:30 pm by MrFrost »
Just watching their equaliser again.

McCullough. What the actual F? Tell me there's not a chance of this lad coming up against the best that Europe has to offer this summer.

Firstly, he makes an absolute herniated bollock of a regulation header. Totally misjudges the flight of the harmless free kick lobbed into the box. Take two steps forward and jumps under the ball.

Then when we effect a half clearance, he comes charging out of the box faster than a bloke playing away when he hear's the husband's car pulling up outside. So fast that he runs STRAIGHT PAST the winger who puts the cross in. All he had to do was stand the f**ker up, be a barrier and make it hard for the winger. Instead he's gone charging in with no f**king thought of what to do when he got there and he's been made to look like a kid in a man's game.

God help NI if he ends up marking Lewandowski and Mueller in June.

I'm glad you can tell how well he played from two minutes of highlights. When did you last go to a game?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 02, 2016, 10:17:05 pm by Retdon1 »
Mccolough was class today

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 02, 2016, 10:18:49 pm by MrFrost »
Mccolough was class today

He's what we've been missing in midfield

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 02, 2016, 10:21:00 pm by Pancho Regan »
Yes it does, completely.

You have no right to get on your high horse and criticise these players from your limited perspective of some video highlights.

You cannot dissect this game from a distance. You had to be there.
And to criticise those players who gave their all today just diminishes your lofty view, because you weren't there.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 02, 2016, 10:23:03 pm by Pancho Regan »
No I wasn't Pancho. Does that invalidate my comments on the defending for the two goals?

Not quite got the grip of this site yet but my last post was aimed at you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 02, 2016, 10:29:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm not criticising his performance over the whole game. I'm criticising his defending for the two goals. It was dreadful. Go and look at the evidence. He's made three rank bad mistakes.

If I drive down the M1 perfectly until I get to within gobbing distance of Brent Cross, then I strip off, lean out of the window singing the Hallelujiah Chorus while controlling the steering wheel with my knob, the performance over the previous 150 miles doesn't count for much. 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 02, 2016, 10:34:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Frosty

I would tell you when I last went to a game, but I'm afraid I've been banned.

Yeah I know. Unbelievable.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 02, 2016, 10:35:44 pm by RoversAlias »
BST is right, he has seen the goals and can have an opinion on them. Luke McCullough has cost us so many goals this season through poor defending, and I tell you what, he is one of the worst judges of a header I've ever seen. He mistimes and goes under them all the time.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 02, 2016, 10:36:35 pm by MrFrost »
Frosty

I would tell you when I last went to a game, but I'm afraid I've been banned.

Yeah I know. Unbelievable.

Keep trying.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 02, 2016, 10:37:07 pm by MrFrost »
BST is right, he has seen the goals and can have an opinion on them. Luke McCullough has cost us so many goals this season through poor defending, and I tell you what, he is one of the worst judges of a header I've ever seen. He mistimes and goes under them all the time.

BST being right about something? Mind you, it is a leap year.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 02, 2016, 10:38:42 pm by Filo »
Someone seems to be on a mission tonight 😇

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 02, 2016, 10:43:54 pm by Pancho Regan »
You think you're funny don't you? You think you're witty?

Well I'm here to tell you that you have absolutely no right to slag off McCullough's performance today because he worked hard throughout the game and he did his best.

On many occasions he picked the ball up at the back and moved forward with it, looking for openings and probing intelligently.

And as a defender he was brave. I was proud of him. He had his hands full with Grant Holt pushing and shoving him but he held his position and kept his head.

For you to pick out his occasional failings when you weren't even at the game... well, shame on you BST
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:46:04 pm by Pancho Regan »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012