Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:31:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rochdale Highlights  (Read 15390 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Rochdale Highlights
« Reply #60 on April 03, 2016, 10:10:41 am by The Red Baron »
The second goal is panicky defending all round. Copps is as culpable as anyone for being caught in possession.

I can't see how anyone is to blame for the first goal other than Matthews. His positioning is unbelievable and if he was stood where he should have been the Rochdale man would never have shot for goal.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 03, 2016, 10:12:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm starting to see the attraction of Twitter...

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 03, 2016, 10:13:49 am by Dare to dream! »
The second goal is panicky defending all round. Copps is as culpable as anyone for being caught in possession.

I can't see how anyone is to blame for the first goal other than Matthews. His positioning is unbelievable and if he was stood where he should have been the Rochdale man would never have shot for goal.

I agree with that, just what is he thinking?

DF has a problem for next week now, does he bring Stuckman back in or Stick with Mattews?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 03, 2016, 12:05:24 pm by Dare to dream! »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WBstiQ0SNk

More highlights includnig Alcock first yellow. Absoutley shocking decisionby the ref, neither are yellow cards. He clearly gets the ball for the first yellow.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 03, 2016, 12:12:48 pm by dickos1 »
Terrible decisions both of them
Sack the board

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 03, 2016, 12:41:01 pm by Sad-Rovers »
If JR had been playing he'd have cleared that off the line. Fact.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 03, 2016, 12:42:27 pm by Filo »

More highlights includnig Alcock first yellow. Absoutley shocking decisionby the ref, neither are yellow cards. He clearly gets the ball for the first yellow.

First yellow, Alcock wins the ball cleanly, the Rochdale player goes in over the ball and catches Alcock, if anything that is a straight red for the Rochdale player

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 03, 2016, 12:43:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well he definitely wouldn't have come tear-arseing out of the box and position like McCullough.

Err...I mean Chaplow.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 03, 2016, 01:00:10 pm by eastender »
Tyson's Kung Fu flying kick clearance  :facepalm: :turd: had panic written all over it.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 03, 2016, 01:53:29 pm by Dutch Uncle »

First yellow, Alcock wins the ball cleanly, the Rochdale player goes in over the ball and catches Alcock, if anything that is a straight red for the Rochdale player

I wonder if either card was for Alcock's reaction - i.e. dissent or abusive language?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 03, 2016, 02:21:05 pm by albie »
I agree with Dutch Uncle, that first yellow is as bad a decision as could be unless he says summat.

Studs not showing, foot down he wins the ball, simple as. If the ref sees that as a foul we might as well all pack it in.

The second yellow is nowt as well, and we can't appeal 2 yellows....good job there are no real men out there any more.

Football is slowly dying. If its not the greed of the Prem, then the standards of refereeing will stamp out any character from the game.

I am in favour of a clampdown on dangerous play, and playacting to con the officials, but we need to allow football to be played as a contact sport. I hope the assessor was there.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 03, 2016, 02:31:45 pm by The Red Baron »
There will have been an assessor, but I have no faith in their ability or desire to make much of a difference. He may get marked down though, because the decision to caution both players and not award a free kick is an irregular one.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on April 03, 2016, 03:14:53 pm by Colin C No.3 »
It's the first time I actually wanted to physically harm a referee at the final whistle.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 03, 2016, 07:14:25 pm by PDX_Rover »
No way was that first yellow a yellow. It was a hard but clean tackle. Took the ball. The Rochdale players surrounded the referee and I reckon got him booked. Very weak refereeing.

And how the officials could not give the clear penalty first half when the defender has both arms around Williams and pulls him to the ground...

Mind you, we were the better team overall after Rochdale starterd brightly.

Still gutted about the result. But hopeful.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 03, 2016, 07:42:42 pm by RedJ »
Because he's a f**king cock, that's how.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 03, 2016, 10:19:43 pm by Pancho Regan »
For one split second when the ref blew the final whistle, I could have run on the pitch and gobbed him.

Alcock had a brilliant game yesterday and I think has been a shining light through the gloom of these past few weeks.
It was a complete travesty that he was red-carded.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 04, 2016, 12:03:07 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The referees are so desperate to impress the person assessing them, that there is very little freedom for thoughts of their own. They have to contend with players play acting, trying to get others sent off, trying to keep up with an ever faster game.
The decision was wrong, i can accept if it's just a mistake, but some referees are determined to take over games, Clattenburg is the main example, if he is our best referee then the games in trouble.
 We need more like Pierluigi Collina he took charge of a game, he was the boss and the players were told you do your job i will do mine. But he also talked to players, he was respected, the referees now are not respected as much, because they treat grown men like little kids.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on April 04, 2016, 08:42:47 am by idler »
Maybe some players should stop acting like little kids Sammy.
Poor referees are usually inept rather than cheats.
In football it's getting to the point that nearly all players are cheats to varying degrees. How often does a player stick his arm up for a throw knowing full well that he kicked it out? Book them for frivolous appeals and any player waving an imaginary card should go into the book for ungentlemanly conduct. That might improve matters once players started to miss games.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 04, 2016, 10:53:23 am by drfchound »
With regards to the argument earlier in this thread, aren't most goals usually scored due to a defender making a basic error?
It is just understandable that a human error will happen at some time or other.
Weren't our two goals in the same game avoidable if Butler and Lund had been picked up or a pass had been cut out in the build up.
The lower the level the more mistakes that will happen.
Look at the basic errors that are shown on match of the day and those players are a whole lot better than ours.
It is sport, get used to people not giving 100% perfect performances.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 04, 2016, 11:20:03 am by Bentley Bullet »
If defenders did their job right, there would be no goals......Wait a minute though.......If attackers did their job right, there would be goals........So if EVERYBODY did their job right.......Oh b*llocks, back to the theory drawing board.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 04, 2016, 09:23:22 pm by Retdon1 »
I am surprised no one ( unless I've missed it ) has mentioned Andy Williams missing 2 one on ones. If he just puts one of them away and it's game over.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 05, 2016, 08:10:03 am by drfchound »
It sounds weird to say this but for a bloke who has got 36 goals in two seasons, Andy isn't a great finisher is he?

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 05, 2016, 08:36:30 am by Yorkiered »
Stuckman has to be in goal on Saturday.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on April 05, 2016, 10:59:32 am by Filo »
The rush goalie option didn't work on Saturday did it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 05, 2016, 12:16:56 pm by drfchound »

TBH i don't know which one is the better keeper right now.
Remi made two really top drawer saves against Blackpool and although people are slagging him off over the first goal by Rochdale, their player had a fantastic first touch and hit the volley instinctively all in an instant.
If one of our players had done that we would have been saying what a great goal it was.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on April 05, 2016, 03:10:47 pm by Filo »

TBH i don't know which one is the better keeper right now.
Remi made two really top drawer saves against Blackpool and although people are slagging him off over the first goal by Rochdale, their player had a fantastic first touch and hit the volley instinctively all in an instant.
If one of our players had done that we would have been saying what a great goal it was.

Great touch or not, the fact is if the keeper hadn't gone for a walk he doesn't score!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 05, 2016, 07:35:50 pm by drfchound »
Well, as i have said previously, players make mistakes.
We have to accept that no-one will be 100% fault free in a game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on April 05, 2016, 08:13:38 pm by IDM »
Sam Hird was to blame for EVERY goal we conceded back then.

Well he did score a few of them??

TinyPortal © 2005-2012