Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:15:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A day to shame Doncaster  (Read 14075 times)

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
Re: A day to shame Doncaster
« Reply #60 on August 26, 2012, 03:27:15 pm by Harrogate Rover »
2.98% of Doncasters population.
My lad and I were there yesterday. We're from Harrogate ;-)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 26, 2012, 04:10:33 pm by DonnyNoel »
Norfolk N Chance, go live in Norfolk and support one of their clubs. Like they'll really appreciate having a "fan" like you on board.
Daft thing is we're getting told off by someone who couldn't be arsed to go himself.
 Well done, you got us all to bite.

Excuse me for being ill actually ST, Alliance and VSC member so shove that where the sun dont shine

Do you actually read and respond to the more intelligent responses people give though? This debate happens every few months. Why not read Alonso's and Jucy's posts to at least cover (and maybe come to terms with!) some of the reasons.

So not entitle to my opinion now?

I talk about population etc there is enough "meat on bones" to support my agrument

You definitely are. My point is you appear to be ignoring other peoples. Our population is certainly big but as others have pointed out, there are numerous reasons why this doesn't translate into big gates.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 26, 2012, 06:43:12 pm by nice one rovers »
Norfolk N Chance, go live in Norfolk and support one of their clubs. Like they'll really appreciate having a "fan" like you on board.
Daft thing is we're getting told off by someone who couldn't be arsed to go himself.
 Well done, you got us all to bite.

Excuse me for being ill actually ST, Alliance and VSC member so shove that where the sun dont shine

Ill my a*se! I was sitting next to a bloke with one leg , my kids were full of cold, and I've got  bad haemorrhiods. If we made it there, so could you have!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 26, 2012, 10:24:41 pm by VivaRovers »
Bloke next to me collapsed, he came round just as the St Johns were trying to carry him away and said "Wait! There's still 20 minutes left yet... and I've free entry to the Belles so I'm staying for that 'n'all"

Illness is no excuse. Typical fairweather fan/Alliance member/VSC member

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 26, 2012, 11:21:38 pm by redwine »
"ILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I rest my case you part time supporter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I well remember the time I fell over in Halifax in a drunken stupor,(I'm sure you'll be familiar with that scenario Norfolk, me old mucker),  rushing for the last train and turning my ankle so badly that I couldn't walk on it, pain so bad I couldn't sleep on that friday night. Couldn't get my shoe on.

Next day to make the game I had to press gang my eldest to be my prop to walk me from the Belle Vue car park to my place on the pop side.

You're nowt but a glory supporter

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 27, 2012, 01:47:15 am by SIRFRAN »
We are what we are - and that is a club whose foundations are set as and at league 1 status!

3rd highest crowd in lge 1 - with next to no contribution from the away fans! It is a shame that so called glory fans have jumped off the bandwagon and the attendances are down, but the core of true supporters who follow win lose or draw are the people who matter!!

Would rather have 6000 fans every week then 8000 - 10000 just because were winning and then disappearing when were losing!!

The point is Norfolk that we are who we are, we should be greatful we have a football club and we have no god given right to be anywhere but where we are, we are in league 1 coz that's where we deserve to be!! If you look at the club now in contrast to the last time we were in league 1 we are much more advanced and are no longer seen as a lowly side!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 27, 2012, 10:06:16 am by Filo »
If you look at the club now in contrast to the last time we were in league 1 we are much more advanced and are no longer seen as a lowly side!

Bang on! We are a "scalp" in this league now, "lesser"teams will raise their game against us

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 27, 2012, 12:01:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I along with 3 other season ticket holders didn't attend on Saturday, we went to Leeds festival and judging by others in rovers shirts we weren't the only ones. A lot of people were away this weekend including many season ticket holders.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 27, 2012, 06:12:52 pm by rtidbelly »
instead of arguing with other fans on here you know what to do, try and persuade a friend to come along instead of wasteing efforts arguing amongst ourselves :scarf:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 27, 2012, 09:10:53 pm by ravenrover »
I along with 3 other season ticket holders didn't attend on Saturday, we went to Leeds festival and judging by others in rovers shirts we weren't the only ones. A lot of people were away this weekend including many season ticket holders.

For statistical reasons, and maybe Tax, aren't you still counted as being there if you have a season ticket even if you aren't there physically?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 28, 2012, 01:02:59 pm by IDM »
Sheffield has a population going into million figures

Yet sheff utd and sheff weds dont even between them make 10%

Numerous reasons

People on holiday
Arm chair fans
Finances dictating attendance, remember we have had 2 home games this week
Etc

More like cant be arsed .....

Can't be arsed eh..?? How dare you!

I would have loved to have gone, and to go to every match but as indicated by others I am one who can't afford to go, and have other family commitments - but that's my business and not yours.  How dare you say I don't go because I can't be arsed???

6K+ is far more than we were gettting year in year out not so long ago at Belle Vue...

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 28, 2012, 02:28:21 pm by ridgewoodrover »
dont  know if anyone can tell me  the   break even figure for   attendances,   oh & i  was not  their on  saturday yearly trip down   sarrf  for  the  rugby  league.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 28, 2012, 02:39:03 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
The experiment with the Womens football didnt work they got their usual few hundred.

Perhaps next time put some local bands on between both games?

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 28, 2012, 02:55:05 pm by keyser_soze »
Who wants to sit around for another 3 hours and watch another match though really?

I wouldn't have hung around even if the DRFC first XI was going to play again.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 28, 2012, 02:56:17 pm by keyser_soze »

For statistical reasons, and maybe Tax, aren't you still counted as being there if you have a season ticket even if you aren't there physically?

The attendance is bums on seats, not tickets sold. Tax doesn't come into it?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on September 20, 2012, 02:53:21 pm by IDM »

Numerous reasons

People on holiday
Arm chair fans
Etc

I would have loved to have gone, and to go to every match but as indicated by others I am one who can't afford to go, and have other family commitments - but that's my business and not yours.  How dare you say I don't go because I can't be arsed???

6K+ is far more than we were gettting year in year out not so long ago at Belle Vue...

bump...

I challenged the poster to defend his/her statement that I "can't be arsed" to go to the match, but what, some 4 weeks or so later, no reply.

Ten Mile Banker

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on September 20, 2012, 07:01:11 pm by Ten Mile Banker »
Just out of interest, where in your post did you challenge him?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on September 20, 2012, 07:25:25 pm by IDM »
Here:

"How dare you say I don't go because I can't be arsed???"

That was my question, not a statement, and the poster in question ignored it...

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 20, 2012, 09:39:56 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Grow up!

Ten Mile Banker

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 20, 2012, 11:54:56 pm by Ten Mile Banker »
Brilliant  :thumbsup:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on September 21, 2012, 01:52:08 pm by IDM »
Grow up!

No it is a serious question - you accused non-attendees at the game of not being arsed to go.  I can be arsed, but I simply can't afford to go,which is my business and not yours. 

So, please justify how you can say that I can't be arsed?  You post on here and make a sweeping statement about other people, then fail to justify your words.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on September 21, 2012, 03:58:56 pm by donnyproletarian »
Areas like Conisbrough and mexbrough are geographically part of the dearne valley and historically had there own identity with the old urban council system .The same can be said for Barnsley and Rotherham  counting rawmarsh , wath ,wombwell and the likes.Economically we have always got the shit end of the stick when it comes to funding.Evidence the plight of mexbrough market compared to Donny.Cash that has come in through Europe on  projects like the earth centre has gone in the back pocket of outsiders jumping on the gravy train.Anyway thats why we have always had a mixed baggage of fans .I suppose there is an argument for a dearne valley footy team with its own identity following this logic.Who would feature in the starting 11 from the 3 teams identified?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on September 21, 2012, 04:20:18 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Numerous reasons

People on holiday
Arm chair fans
Etc

Grow up

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on September 21, 2012, 04:24:24 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
for the record tomorrow bringing a couple more people so I practice what i preach

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on September 21, 2012, 04:33:47 pm by RedJ »

Numerous reasons

People on holiday
Arm chair fans
Etc

Grow up

think you need to, as you've basically completely ignored him twice now?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on September 21, 2012, 06:17:19 pm by IDM »
I usually avoid commenting on some of the argumentative postings on here, and very little actually bothers me but Norfolk's statement and his/her refusal to justify it has pushed the wrong buttons with me.  Difference of opinion is fine with me, different interpretation of the team's performance and expectations are ok etc, but Norfolk has chosen to judge my (and others') non-attendance without logic or reason.

Whatever, I'm wasting my time.  I don't suppose "grow up" constitutes an apology so that's that...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on September 21, 2012, 08:10:18 pm by RedJ »
not sure if one of us is misread something but I'm not disagreeing with you, more Norfolk's childish responses (maybe he should, as he says, "practice what he preaches"!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on September 21, 2012, 10:48:46 pm by IDM »
I'm with you, RedJ, my last was a bit of an explanation of my frustration at Norfolk's remarks.  We move on...

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on September 21, 2012, 10:50:40 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I usually avoid commenting on some of the argumentative postings on here, and very little actually bothers me but Norfolk's statement and his/her refusal to justify it has pushed the wrong buttons with me.  Difference of opinion is fine with me, different interpretation of the team's performance and expectations are ok etc, but Norfolk has chosen to judge my (and others') non-attendance without logic or reason.

Whatever, I'm wasting my time.  I don't suppose "grow up" constitutes an apology so that's that...

Read the post ... it was being general not a go at u and take it your a wind up merchant.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on September 22, 2012, 09:43:56 am by IDM »
A WUM.? Me.?  Far far from it, just a genuine supporter who reads this site and occasionally makes comment.  I know you were generalising - you were having a go at folks who don't turn up - but I would if I could, "can't be arsed" being the least of my reasons..  Therefore I found your comment offensive to me.  Does that make me a WUM because I took offence at your comment?

If you're not man enough to apologise for causing offence, whether or not you meant to, then just leave it. Disagree with me by all means, but please don't presume to judge me as a WUM.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012