Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:32:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bennett again!  (Read 4415 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Bennett again!
« on September 22, 2012, 05:19:56 pm by Filo »
Shit!!!!!

Bench him, Husband did more in his first 5 minutes than that fairy did all game!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Bennett again!
« Reply #1 on September 22, 2012, 05:27:41 pm by glosterred »
Could not agree more with you there Filo, surprised that he came out to start the second half

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 22, 2012, 05:30:58 pm by Filo »
He`s gone back to his can`t be arsed half hearted ways of last season, he`ll never make the Premier League with non efforts like that, the last two games he`s had have been shocking!

silvesterp

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 22, 2012, 05:44:10 pm by silvesterp »
What does anyone expect Bennett to do when the ball is just going from back to front over his head must of the time. On the occasions it did drop to him was crowded out totally isolated. Difficult to see how the likes of Cotterill and Bennett can have an impact with our current style of play.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 22, 2012, 05:50:09 pm by MachoMadness »
Got to agree, I'm really starting to question his attitude lately. When we're cruising and he can get away with more, he looks good. However when we really need him he just goes missing and shirks all his responsibilities. He has so much potential but just seems to be pissing it away with his attitude, it'd be a shame if he just became another big time Charlie.

Sticky-Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 22, 2012, 06:03:27 pm by Sticky-Rover »
He looks positionally unaware, he rarely moved into a good space or made runs to suck defenders out of place. I'm not even sure what position he's meant to play in.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 22, 2012, 06:05:41 pm by andysly »
I thought he improved when he swapped with Cotterill, they both did to be fair.
He gives me the impression of being a good player when we are on top but a liability when we are struggling or having to work hard.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 22, 2012, 06:07:57 pm by RedJ »
I thought he improved when he swapped with Cotterill, they both did to be fair.
He gives me the impression of being a good player when we are on top but a liability when we are struggling or having to work hard.

Haven't we not long lost a creative midfielder like that? :silly:

He was bloody awful today for long, long periods, same as Tuesday. I'd give Husband a go ahead of him, or Hume even.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 22, 2012, 06:14:24 pm by andysly »
I'd try Hume, didn't think Husband did himself justice either today.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 22, 2012, 06:14:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He wasn't good enough but is he one who suits two up front? He doesn't get close enough to Brown at all.

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 22, 2012, 06:17:21 pm by The Dav »
Its time for Dean to give Bennet a rest or a kick up the arse, to be fair Husbands showed some fight and hunger which is clealry missing in our team today, also credit to Harper who firmed up the midfield, Keegan was poor and couldn't pass a ball forward. And when Hume came on it gave Browny the much needed support up front, in the end we could of and should of won the game.   

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 22, 2012, 06:19:20 pm by RedJ »
Didn't Hume and Brown play together at Preston? could be worth a shout when he's fit enough.

Sticky-Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 22, 2012, 06:22:19 pm by Sticky-Rover »
Its time for Dean to give Bennet a rest or a kick up the arse, to be fair Husbands showed some fight and hunger which is clealry missing in our team today, also credit to Harper who firmed up the midfield, Keegan was poor and couldn't pass a ball forward. And when Hume came on it gave Browny the much needed support up front, in the end we could of and should of won the game.

i didn't think keegan did anything wrong, made some decent tackles and played ok.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 22, 2012, 06:24:22 pm by Donnylass »

I must have been watching a different game then, because it was Husband that led to our goal. He worked his socks off from the minute he came on the pitch and chased everything. Bennett would have let that ball go out. 

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 22, 2012, 06:28:18 pm by roversontheup »

I must have been watching a different game then, because it was Husband that led to our goal. He worked his socks off from the minute he came on the pitch and chased everything. Bennett would have let that ball go out. 

Totally agree.  Husband fought for every ball from the minute he came on.  He fought for the ball that ended up creating our goal.  No way would Bennett have won us anything from that position.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 22, 2012, 06:31:57 pm by roversontheup »
I just cannot work Bennett out.  He has so much potential but just doesn't work hard enough for me.

He frustrates me and in many ways reminds me very much of Andy Watson. Look where he ended up!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 22, 2012, 06:32:36 pm by Lesonthewest »
Didn't Hume and Brown play together at Preston? could be worth a shout when he's fit enough.

They did, & when they played together at the Keepmoat I thought they played very well together. As for Bennett, he was very very poor, he reminds me of Andy Watson back in the Conference days, has the pace & skill, but for some reason cannot do it consistently. If he's not careful he will end up the same way.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 22, 2012, 06:32:45 pm by jonnydog »
I had to laugh when he got pulled up by the ref and jones had to take matters into his own hands and give him a telling off. It looked like a dad telling his son off.

Other than that I thought he had a shocker and deserves to be benched.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 22, 2012, 06:33:54 pm by MachoMadness »
...where did Andy Watson end up? My memory is a bit fuzzy, but it seemed to me that one minute he was being linked with a move to Sunderland (who were in the PL at the time I believe) and the next he was just gone.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 22, 2012, 06:39:15 pm by grayx »
Anyone thinking we should have accepted the "substantial six-figure offer" and used it to keep Copps?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 22, 2012, 06:39:35 pm by roversontheup »
I can't remember which club he ended up at but it was way down the pyramid. I seem to recall he got a drink driving ban which didn't help him.

When he was at rovers he was supposedly going to be our first million pound player.  He never fulfilled his potential and ended up back impart time football.

Many similarities with Bennett.s

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 22, 2012, 06:40:19 pm by Donnylass »
I had to laugh when he got pulled up by the ref and jones had to take matters into his own hands and give him a telling off. It looked like a dad telling his son off.

Other than that I thought he had a shocker and deserves to be benched.

Was just gonna mention the Ref and Jones incident. Shows how he lacks maturity. For me Jones is an outstanding captain.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 22, 2012, 06:48:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

He should have already had a kick up the arse. The only option left is the bench or the door.

Husband for me is one of the few bright lights and shows the attitude we all want to see and for that alone he's worth a starting berth. I don't really care what position he plays because he'll probably play better than most of that team today.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 22, 2012, 06:50:56 pm by jmt »
Looked a world beater til the transfer door shut  :whistle:

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 22, 2012, 06:58:38 pm by The Beast »
Thought our midfield was awful first half , the defence were hitting the ball long all the time but one of the reasons for this was nobody was showing for the easy ball in midfield. As soon as Harper came on we looked more comfortable and composed all over the pitch. You can see him organising everybody, playing the ball easy and creating space, should start every game for me, far superior to Woods and Keegan.
     As for Bennett, when we're good he's very very good, when we're bad he's horrid. I think if Harper plays we'll be more good than bad and maybe Bennett will be good, not one for the trenches though.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 22, 2012, 09:51:46 pm by Viking Don »
Stevenage looked good defensively, especially down their ride side but still, no excuses for Bennett today. He looks like he's forgot how to go past a player. Maybe he needs a Bentley dangling in front of his nose.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 22, 2012, 10:02:21 pm by jonnydog »
Stevenage looked good defensively, especially down their ride side but still, no excuses for Bennett today. He looks like he's forgot how to go past a player. Maybe he needs a Bentley dangling in front of his nose.

Said exactly the same thing at half time

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 22, 2012, 10:15:46 pm by hoolahoop »
Bennett needs using as a sub until he can prove he's worth 90mins. Harper and Husband should be playing from the off imo.
I just don't want to see this lad 'melting away' into the sunset as a failure, someone needs to drag him into the office and give him a good talking to. However our propensity to hoof every ball to Browny is not helping him development.

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 22, 2012, 11:10:44 pm by Rupee92 »
It's a case of "i've had offers from higher leagues and im leaving in January"... The praise has gone to his head.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 22, 2012, 11:16:35 pm by RobTheRover »
...where did Andy Watson end up? My memory is a bit fuzzy, but it seemed to me that one minute he was being linked with a move to Sunderland (who were in the PL at the time I believe) and the next he was just gone.

Farsley Celtic

TinyPortal © 2005-2012