Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:14:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saturdays Attendance  (Read 13275 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Saturdays Attendance
« Reply #30 on April 16, 2024, 05:25:01 pm by roversdude »
Hope they have enough food outlets open to cater for the increased numbers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 16, 2024, 05:30:13 pm by GazLaz »
They are pushing the free tickets to schools as well.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 16, 2024, 05:31:01 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Ha,ha,ha,ha…..give over!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 16, 2024, 05:42:18 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Barrow’s biggest home gate this season was just less than 5,900 against Stockport.

Less than 4,500 vs Wrexham.

Their gates are ‘normally’ less than 4,000.

They’ll wonder what’s hit them come Saturday!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 16, 2024, 06:36:50 pm by normal rules »
I suspect they have seen big crowds at Wrexham
And Stockport

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 16, 2024, 06:44:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I suspect they have seen big crowds at Wrexham
And Stockport

And Notts Co.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 16, 2024, 06:58:31 pm by Butchers Red »
Neither of which make the noise we do.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 16, 2024, 07:01:59 pm by Chris Black come back »
They played at Bradford in front of 17,247 and won. The Notts County game was only 11,243 (draw) and Wrexham was 12,323 (lost).

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 16, 2024, 07:03:32 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Blimey. A few home crowds above 6500 and a bit better atmosphere (mainly only in the second half) and we think we're massive and potentially intimidating.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 16, 2024, 07:04:43 pm by colincramb »
Blimey. A few home crowds above 6500 and a bit better atmosphere (mainly only in the second half) and we think we're massive and potentially intimidating.

Yeah a bit embarrassing really

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 16, 2024, 07:05:21 pm by Butchers Red »
I've just checked DRFC site - in the Home areas there are now 1405 available tickets.

10,000 plus crowd nailed on for Saturday.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 16, 2024, 07:18:30 pm by silent majority »
I've just checked DRFC site - in the Home areas there are now 1405 available tickets.

10,000 plus crowd nailed on for Saturday.

I would say that's a definite.

Just as a note, without any extra promotion the home attendance has risen by 1300 between the Tranmere game and Accrington at the weekend.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 16, 2024, 07:18:42 pm by colincramb »
Is it even possible for us to have a 10k+ home crowd these days? Don’t know what the situation with opening up other areas is anymore. On the face of it, it would make sense to put barrow behind the goal and then open up the remaining east blocks and west blocks to home fans. We aren’t going to fill the north stand so this would appear to be the most obvious solution, provided demand is there at the end of the week

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 16, 2024, 07:34:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Is it even possible for us to have a 10k+ home crowd these days? Don’t know what the situation with opening up other areas is anymore. On the face of it, it would make sense to put barrow behind the goal and then open up the remaining east blocks and west blocks to home fans. We aren’t going to fill the north stand so this would appear to be the most obvious solution, provided demand is there at the end of the week

Yes, it is. The club have got better over the years in managing the demand for seats. Being able to separate concourses in the North and East stands provides alot of flexibility.

As we've seen the calls have gone out from Grant,  and to businesses to assist in encouraging kids to attend, so they'll be prepared for whatever take up  materialises.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 16, 2024, 07:36:17 pm by silent majority »
They are pushing the free tickets to schools as well.

They're free to the end user, but they are mostly donations from commercial customers who haven't used up their allocations.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 16, 2024, 11:49:49 pm by Chris the Rover »
Only 1315 tickets available now, in total.

LakesideOwl

« Reply #46 on April 17, 2024, 01:26:31 am by LakesideOwl »
Will be there again on Saturday with the old man and potentially +1.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 17, 2024, 06:17:05 am by GazLaz »

Be great to see all of those sold. It’s a shame the north stand will be pretty empty. Any mention of how many away fans are expected?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 17, 2024, 06:24:09 am by Nudga »

Be great to see all of those sold. It’s a shame the north stand will be pretty empty. Any mention of how many away fans are expected?

1047 available tickets left.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 17, 2024, 06:59:20 am by hoolahoop »

Sadly they NEVER do and this leads to disappointment and of course a lack of potential extra revenue for the catering side. Whenever we have gone on toa big sellout type of game we’ve always seemed to have lost the edge on the day  - this CAN’T happen now we need extra bodies in the ground. The “ all round “ experience for these extra supporters cannot fail on the day.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 17, 2024, 07:54:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Do you really think the catering will make or break folks memories of the day?

Personally, although I like the odd beverage and snack, I don't give a flying **** whether I get anything at all. I think most people will adjust their expectations accordingly.

This is about a huge footy match, nothing else really matters does it?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 17, 2024, 07:57:50 am by normal rules »

Most of the north stand, 4 whole blocks in the east stand and 3 blocks in the west stand will be empty.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 17, 2024, 08:12:53 am by NickDRFC »

Personally, although I like the odd beverage and snack, I don't give a flying **** whether I get anything at all. I think most people will adjust their expectations accordingly.

If we’re getting a couple of thousand fans in that don’t normally come, by far the biggest factor that will get them back is what they see on the pitch but it would be really naive to disregard the impact of other areas - a bad experience with the catering or the club shop could put people off regardless of how we play.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 17, 2024, 08:27:00 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

If we’re getting a couple of thousand fans in that don’t normally come, by far the biggest factor that will get them back is what they see on the pitch but it would be really naive to disregard the impact of other areas - a bad experience with the catering or the club shop could put people off regardless of how we play.

If, after winning the game, folk don't return because they didn't get some chips at half time, then I would really question their motivation for coming to the match in the first place.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 17, 2024, 08:43:48 am by NickDRFC »

If, after winning the game, folk don't return because they didn't get some chips at half time, then I would really question their motivation for coming to the match in the first place.

The simple fact is that we’re not a particularly well supported club and stuff like this can and does make a difference to some people. We can’t afford to be indifferent and just blithely shrug our shoulders thinking it’s only the stuff on the pitch that matters to people. If we’re getting new or returning folk in at the weekend, I’d hope we’re doing everything within our power to get them back again and again and again.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 17, 2024, 09:07:14 am by normal rules »
Can we have the toad brewery back please . Always liked going in there pre match

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 17, 2024, 09:31:26 am by Mike_F »
The Toad was excellent. Barbecued burgers and sausages, great ale and just across the road from the ground. A shame it didn't work out for them.

I would hope and expect that the club will be putting the temporary bar outside the BVB and asking the outside burger van company (J&J) to bring an extra van or two if they have them. And maybe, just maybe they'll run a cloth around and fill up the soap in the BVB gents for a change. Also wouldn't go amiss if someone did the five minute job of sticking a bit of Polyfilla in the holes around the hand dryer in there and giving the surround a lick of paint. Small niggles but if I was a first time or casual customer and I encountered the state of the bogs in there it would make me reticent to go in the bar again.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 17, 2024, 09:55:41 am by normal rules »
The Toad was excellent. Barbecued burgers and sausages, great ale and just across the road from the ground. A shame it didn't work out for them.

I would hope and expect that the club will be putting the temporary bar outside the BVB and asking the outside burger van company (J&J) to bring an extra van or two if they have them. And maybe, just maybe they'll run a cloth around and fill up the soap in the BVB gents for a change. Also wouldn't go amiss if someone did the five minute job of sticking a bit of Polyfilla in the holes around the hand dryer in there and giving the surround a lick of paint. Small niggles but if I was a first time or casual customer and I encountered the state of the bogs in there it would make me reticent to go in the bar again.

Easy to fix niggles like this. Just advertise for an odd job person and give them a free match day ticket for their troubles. Or pay through the nose for a contractor.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 17, 2024, 09:59:51 am by drfchound »
I have been to lots of grounds where one end has been split 50/50 with fans of both teams in there, with a small segregation area of course.
Why couldn’t we do the same if there was enough demand for tickets.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 17, 2024, 10:09:07 am by colincramb »
I have been to lots of grounds where one end has been split 50/50 with fans of both teams in there, with a small segregation area of course.
Why couldn’t we do the same if there was enough demand for tickets.

There won’t be the demand

TinyPortal © 2005-2012