Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:16:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where is Sandtoft?  (Read 1699 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Where is Sandtoft?
« Reply #30 on October 26, 2021, 04:54:09 pm by wilts rover »
The official address for Belton is:

Belton
Doncaster
North Lincs

Work that one out!
I think the locals identify Doncaster as their hub town rather than Scunny or Gainsborough.

When i lived in Westwoodside the address was Doncaster, i live in West Butterwick just up the road which is also on the Isle but the address is Scunthorpe but with a DN postcode.
Did you pay your Council Tax to Doncaster in Westwoodside, and to Scunthorpe in West Butterwick?

They're both North Lincolnshire. It's just the postal area that it relates to. Both DN postcodes though. The entire Isle of Axholme is North Lincolnshire. It's the only part of Lincolnshire to the West of the River Trent, so that may be where the confusion comes from. It's never been Yorkshire although quite a few people have Yorkshire flags flying in their gardens.

Not sure if Keadby and Althorpe are part of the Isle, but they are west of the Trent

Should you ever drive through Eastoft, past the River Don pub going towards Goole, the road you are on is called Yorkshire Side. The chapel and the few houses on your right have been built on the course of the old River Don, and the road on the other side of them is called Lincolnshire Side.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 27, 2021, 06:06:44 am by Donnywolf »
I was always told [urban myth probably] that Lincolnshire Arms Luddington had boundary passing through it

So they had a Dart Board split top to bottom with a Yorkshire Board [No trebles] and a conventional Board with trebles on other side

I didnt see it nor one in River Don where I went to a few times years back - and nowt on Google so probably untrue

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 27, 2021, 06:15:02 am by Donnywolf »
The official address for Belton is:

Belton
Doncaster
North Lincs

Work that one out!
I think the locals identify Doncaster as their hub town rather than Scunny or Gainsborough.

When i lived in Westwoodside the address was Doncaster, i live in West Butterwick just up the road which is also on the Isle but the address is Scunthorpe but with a DN postcode.
Did you pay your Council Tax to Doncaster in Westwoodside, and to Scunthorpe in West Butterwick?

They're both North Lincolnshire. It's just the postal area that it relates to. Both DN postcodes though. The entire Isle of Axholme is North Lincolnshire. It's the only part of Lincolnshire to the West of the River Trent, so that may be where the confusion comes from. It's never been Yorkshire although quite a few people have Yorkshire flags flying in their gardens.

Not sure if Keadby and Althorpe are part of the Isle, but they are west of the Trent

Bizarrely - and bringing the thread "full circle" as you come over Keadby Bridge there is a sign half way down hill [opposite Althorpe Station] saying Welcome to Isle of Axholme.

AND its on the right hand side of the road which is what got us started on all things IOA / Sandtoft etc

TinyPortal © 2005-2012