Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:50:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mustapha Dumbaya  (Read 4315 times)

kittyslass

• Forum Member
Mustapha Dumbaya
« on October 01, 2011, 08:20:19 pm by kittyslass »
Does anyone know what has happened to Dumbaya? He's not been heard of since Sean dropped him after the Reading game because he didn't take responsibility. Is he injured, or out on loan somewhere?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
Re: Mustapha Dumbaya
« Reply #1 on October 01, 2011, 08:29:56 pm by StocksArmy »
This week on SSN it showed Saunders training the players and he was there as was Giles Barnes so it looks like they are just out of favour at the minute and in my opinion rightly so.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 01, 2011, 08:30:39 pm by CusworthRovers »
Dropped him.....as in didn't pick him

or

Dropped him......sparked him out

.......or shall I tell you all the Arab strap incident in training?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 01, 2011, 08:47:51 pm by graingrover »
He played  90 mins in the midweek friendly against Chesterfield

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 01, 2011, 09:15:43 pm by prince »
He went to McDonalds with Lalkovic in the week

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 01, 2011, 10:00:32 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"kittyslass\" post=188198
Does anyone know what has happened to Dumbaya? He's not been heard of since Sean dropped him after the Reading game because he didn't take responsibility. Is he injured, or out on loan somewhere?

He is still at the club fit and available for selection if picked for the 16 along with,
Barnes, Bouheena, Wilson,Mason,Baxendale, Radford.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 01, 2011, 10:57:53 pm by Drover »
Muzzy,Barnes and Mason where all in the main stand today behind the Rovers dugout.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 01, 2011, 11:01:56 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Dumbuya was awesome against West Ham. Seems like he's been locked away in the same room as Barnes.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 01, 2011, 11:40:30 pm by Drover »
It might be more to do with Deano being like D.P. and generally he might not like to change a winning team?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 02, 2011, 06:23:08 am by steve@dcfd »
If we bring three more players in then he and others may fall further down the pecking order, unless  Jimmy or Chimbonda are injured I cannot see him getting a game.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 02, 2011, 01:41:49 pm by lee.j09 »
maybe a loan out move might be good for him to gain exsperience, and game time

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 02, 2011, 01:44:49 pm by mushRTID »
Could see loan moves for the likes of Muzzy, wilson.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 03, 2011, 08:47:45 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"kittyslass\" post=188198

Thankfully Saunders doesn't rate him!

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 03, 2011, 09:23:40 am by keyser_soze »
I'm just pleased with the stability we have in the side at the moment. Don't think we fielded the same keeper & defence 3 times last season, never mind 3 games in a row.

Competition for places is fantastic, it's a real refreshing change that we have enough fit players that we are able to keep Barnes, Lalkovic, Bennett and Mason out of the side.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 03, 2011, 12:26:23 pm by benaldo »
I can only say that it's probably no coincidence that when Dumbuya is left out of the team Rovers start winning.

He's fast, can take opponents on, but has very little in the way of brains on the pitch does he? And who needs a defender who doesn't know where he should be half the time...? Not Rovers, that's for sure!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 03, 2011, 12:36:29 pm by SkellowRover »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=188540
I can only say that it's probably no coincidence that when Dumbuya is left out of the team Rovers start winning.

He's fast, can take opponents on, but has very little in the way of brains on the pitch does he? And who needs a defender who doesn't know where he should be half the time...? Not Rovers, that's for sure!

Well i tend to agree. On 'Football League Weekend' on sky sports on friday there was a 5-6 minute section on the rovers and George Boateng from florist was the studio guest, they were talking about Chimbonda coming in at right back because Florist targetted our right back (Muzzy) as weakness to send crosses too as he's 5 foot 2. Also at the fans forum last month SoD said himself that Muzzy is very naive in terms of positioning.

adsrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 03, 2011, 12:58:23 pm by adsrover »
sod had to blame somebody because he had lost the plot,he decided to play midfield players in defense. Another point if Dumbuya was to blame for any defeats why did we lose when he was injured or at reading .

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 03, 2011, 01:07:21 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"adsrover\" post=188549
sod had to blame somebody because he had lost the plot,he decided to play midfield players in defense. Another point if Dumbuya was to blame for any defeats why did we lose when he was injured or at reading .

I can't entirely blame all of Rovers defeats on one player, of course it's a combination of things/people. BUT, Dumbuya isn't very good and if you recall games that he's played in, the opposition teams frequently attacked down our right side because they knew Dumbuya would 9 times out of 10 be somewhere else, or not be able to cope.

I would hazzard a guess tha Saunders has noticed that too and that we won't see him again on any regular basis, barring catastrophic injuries. Nothing personal against the guy, but he's no-where near championship standard really is he. Fast runner, bad defender.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 03, 2011, 02:02:40 pm by Scooter »
Saw him park his car at the keepmoat prior to the hull game, yet when i returned to mine straight after the game he had already gone. Either ran like lightning back to his car after the final whistle or left before the end. I would have thought that as a squad player you would support the guys through 90 minutes particularly as he would be getting paid a nice sum each week. I could be reading too much in to it though...

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 03, 2011, 03:09:08 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I get the feeling that he may play less under Saunders.  He has potential and is still very raw and it's hard to determine if he'll get out of that 'raw' tag.  Let's hope he progresses, I actually think he's league 1 class and would do a good job on loan there for a while, playing in a relegation threatened side won't help him progress and equally for us we need a bit better at this moment in time.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 03, 2011, 03:23:25 pm by selby »
He went out of the car park twenty minutes before kick off probably in a huff.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012