Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:49:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keepmoat/Public Finances  (Read 4422 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Keepmoat/Public Finances
« on October 05, 2011, 07:17:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Note it has been on the radio over the last couple of days about DMBC going ahead with some library closures and looking for volunteers to help run certain libraries.

It's been mentioned about a shortfall of around £18 million hence the need for the cuts. Political hot potato, but I wonder whether Mr Davies is stoking things up ready for the cavalry to come over the hill !!!

Could there be a better time to put proposal of the sale of the Keepmoat to the full council committee? How much would that generate? Anywhere near £18Million by chance??

I think as a rate payer, the prospect of saving such an important service and jobs, it would get my vote.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Muttley

• VSC Member
Re: Keepmoat/Public Finances
« Reply #1 on October 05, 2011, 08:07:09 pm by Muttley »
As a council tax payer and resident of Doncaster, I don't want any libraries to close.

Also as a council tax payer and resident of Doncaster, I understood that the stadium and surrounding facilities were built for the community and should therefore continue to be available for the use of the local public and the various local teams who play their games there.

As a Rovers fan, I can't see the motivation behind wanting to spunk £18m on a loss-making venture that we currently rent for what, £500k pa?

Rovers don't need the training pitches etc as they already have Cantley Park (is that owned or leased?)

Let's face it, Rovers havedn't got a great record when it comes to running a business operation (although it could be argued that they couldn't do a worse job than the current stadium management).

The only attraction I can see of buying the stadium is as a property investment for the tycoons on the board - get rid of the training pitches and chuck up a couple of huge warehouses.

If the Council need to save money I can think of a way Mr Davies can save a few grand quite easily ;)

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 05, 2011, 08:20:14 pm by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"Muttley\" post=189272
As a council tax payer and resident of Doncaster, I don't want any libraries to close.

Also as a council tax payer and resident of Doncaster, I understood that the stadium and surrounding facilities were built for the community and should therefore continue to be available for the use of the local public and the various local teams who play their games there.

As a Rovers fan, I can't see the motivation behind wanting to spunk £18m on a loss-making venture that we currently rent for what, £500k pa?

Rovers don't need the training pitches etc as they already have Cantley Park (is that owned or leased?)

Let's face it, Rovers havedn't got a great record when it comes to running a business operation (although it could be argued that they couldn't do a worse job than the current stadium management).

The only attraction I can see of buying the stadium is as a property investment for the tycoons on the board - get rid of the training pitches and chuck up a couple of huge warehouses.

If the Council need to save money I can think of a way Mr Davies can save a few grand quite easily ;)

The rent is twice that, a cool million a year.

The stadium cost 12 million to build.

Bet KM2 will buy for 8 at most.( if council do sell, BUT only stadium  )

Probability council wont sell but i bet they would lease the whole thing to DRFC for around the 18 million, and lease to be a forever lease.

Therefor council dont lose face, DRFC get all complex to run as they wish, for as long as they wish.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 05, 2011, 08:36:53 pm by jonnydog »
Hopefully then DMBC might not bother giving the green light for the Showmans Site in Hatfield Woodhouse!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 05, 2011, 11:43:33 pm by RobTheRover »
If Rovers do get it, can I propose myself to be the CEO of the new DRFC SMC?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 06, 2011, 12:20:06 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=189340

Get in the queue. :laugh:

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 06, 2011, 06:33:37 am by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=189343

I think wr should put it to a public vote. The candidate who gets my vote will be the one who comes up with the most creative way of using the talents of the existing senior management :laugh:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 06, 2011, 06:58:31 am by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=189350
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=189343

I think wr should put it to a public vote. The candidate who gets my vote will be the one who comes up with the most creative way of using the talents of the existing senior management :laugh:

Loan him to the Dingles :byebye

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 06, 2011, 07:55:02 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=189283
Hopefully then DMBC might not bother giving the green light for the Showmans Site in Hatfield Woodhouse!!

Can`t see the problem with it myself, they`re good decent people the fair lads!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 06, 2011, 08:37:43 am by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=189355

To be fair (pardon the punn!), I'm more concerned at the prospect of them coming round when I'm on nights and giving Mrs JD a damn good rogering!!

Still, if it puts a smile on her face I might have them back to Tarmac my driveway! :laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 06, 2011, 08:43:11 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=189366

To be fair (pardon the punn!), I'm more concerned at the prospect of them coming round when I'm on nights and giving Mrs JD a damn good rogering!!

Still, if it puts a smile on her face I might have them back to Tarmac my driveway! :laugh:

This is a mis conception by many, showmen/fair lads are not the thieving gypo`s that rip everyone off, they are good hard working people that pay their way in life

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 06, 2011, 08:48:25 am by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=189368

This is a mis conception by many, showmen/fair lads are not the thieving gypo`s that rip everyone off, they are good hard working people that pay their way in life

That part was actually just a joke. However, after your comments I hold my hand up and admit I am totally ill-educated on the matter and have been taken in by the propaganda I have heard from the arguing case, I have only moved to the area just over a month ago and have been told only one side of the argument.

This has definately tought me to never judge a book by it's cover, and to never listen to mindless gossip until I have got the full facts!

(Although if I was to not listen to mindless gossip I wouldn't have been on here in the last week  :coat: )

But cheers Filo. Have you ever considered running for Mayor? :thumbsup:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 06, 2011, 08:53:04 am by vaya »

Well if you do get it done, just make sure it isn't by the same bunch of clowns who did mine.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 06, 2011, 08:55:12 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=189370
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=189368

That part was actually just a joke. However, after your comments I hold my hand up and admit I am totally ill-educated on the matter and have been taken in by the propaganda I have heard from the arguing case, I have only moved to the area just over a month ago and have been told only one side of the argument.

This has definately tought me to never judge a book by it's cover, and to never listen to mindless gossip until I have got the full facts!

(Although if I was to not listen to mindless gossip I wouldn't have been on here in the last week  :coat: )

But cheers Filo. Have you ever considered running for Mayor? :thumbsup:

There are 3 showmans yards in Stainforth, everyone well kept and discreet, they all blend in with the community and are very honest people, google the name Roger Tuby, you`ll find he`s a freeman of Doncaster, you don`t get those kind of honours lightly

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 06, 2011, 01:24:05 pm by rover-n-out »
Quite right Filo. I had the pleasure of working for the Tuby's on several occassions during the seventies as a musician in a function band.
The old man himself George Tuby would book our band to play for the Showman's Guild Dinner and Dance night in Whitby every year. I have rarely worked for anyone as generous, and considerate as the Showmans Guild.
They certainly new how to enjoy themselves in those days, and if you think Bett Lynch had big earings, you've seen nothing until you've seen the ladies of the Showman's Guild absolutely dripping with Gold, earings, bracelets, rings and watches, they had everything you could think of in Jewellry. They never flaunted it or bragged about it, they just had it.
We would usually play from 9pm to 3am, and then George would come along and offer us what amounted to a weeks wages in those days to play on until 5 or 6am. Breakfast was served at 7am, and we were always invited and made to feel very welcome.
I really liked old George, he was a real gentleman.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 06, 2011, 01:29:00 pm by benaldo »
I think the attraction in the Keepmoat stadium purchase is not the stadium per se, it's the land surrounding the stadium.

To my mind -

1) The stadium is underused to a ridiculous degree. There is scope for improving income at the stadium.
2) The outlying land is ripe for further development.

I would imagine that £18 million is a snip for such a lot of land? And others much think so too or we wouldn't have so many property developers joining the board since the move.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 06, 2011, 05:48:40 pm by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=189275
Quote from: \"Muttley\" post=189272

Bet KM2 will buy for 8 at most.( if council do sell, BUT only stadium  )

Probability council wont sell but i bet they would lease the whole thing to DRFC for around the 18 million, and lease to be a forever lease.

Therefor council dont lose face, DRFC get all complex to run as they wish, for as long as they wish.
[/b]

I must by Psychic!!!!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 06, 2011, 06:38:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good call !!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 08, 2011, 03:03:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
If we were to fulfil JR's aim of Premier League football would the Keepmoat be big enough? If we were lucky enough to be there for many years then surely we'd be attracting attendances over 15,000. Even if the stadium was increased to 20,000, I still don't think it would be enough. I know that we may never even get to the Premier League but its just a little thought I've had.

I-was-there1976

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: SMC looking to cut staff
« Reply #20 on October 08, 2011, 08:24:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »
\"They blamed the effects of the current economic climate for the cuts.\"

Nowt to do with they don't what they are doing then :woohoo:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012