Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:03:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2 different managers  (Read 2527 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
2 different managers
« on October 15, 2011, 04:48:44 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Both O'driscoll and Saunders can and have seen why and where the problems are. However where as O'driscoll would address this in training or attempt to improve the players from the resources we have, it seems Saunders way of addressing it is simply bringing in new players to where things are going wrong. Fine if thats how he wants to do it, but what happens when he is not allowed to bring in any new players? It seems the same happened at Wrexham? Will we have to wait 40 players later for him to get it right with us?

On a positive note Mark Mccammon scored on debut today in the conference.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: 2 different managers
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2011, 10:01:54 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Padge_DRFC\" post=191816
Both O'driscoll and Saunders can and have seen why and where the problems are. However where as O'driscoll would address this in training or attempt to improve the players from the resources we have, it seems Saunders way of addressing it is simply bringing in new players to where things are going wrong. Fine if thats how he wants to do it, but what happens when he is not allowed to bring in any new players? It seems the same happened at Wrexham? Will we have to wait 40 players later for him to get it right with us?

On a positive note Mark Mccammon scored on debut today in the conference.

Replying to this post looks like a can of worms but :

you say \"SOD addressed this in training\" .... but you assume DS does not do that - but what is that opinion based on ?

I have no idea whether he does or does not do that but would assume he and whatever coaching staff he employs surely MUST bring something to the Training Ground / Briefing sessions ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2011, 10:09:55 am by GazLaz »
You can't change players in a few weeks. Do people think it just takes a few training sessions to implement new tactics and a new style? I think I'm going to stop reading this forum. It's good for quick news but 90% of people who post are absolutely clueless.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 16, 2011, 10:12:37 am by drfc1951 »
So SOD addressed the problems in training.How come week after week
we were seeing the same old problems reoccuring in matches?

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 16, 2011, 10:19:00 am by MiKA »
also, you say that SOD addressed problems in training!  

Did this eliminate problems at set pieces? No.
Did this make Sulli or Woodsy any better? No.
Did this eliminate bad defending? No.
Did this eliminate the stuppid back and side passing? No.
Did this make our midfielders more controling? No.
Did this make us any better in the final third? No.
Did this make our players actually try shooting rather than passing? No.

Nothing against SOD, he had little to work with and tried to do his best (but failed)

With DS we are trying to do things differently and why not, whilst we can bring players in then why not, all of the above can be overcome by bringing players in, some things have already been addressed, others i hope will be addressed after that pathetic effort on friday.

I also believe that DS will be just as effective on the training ground as SOD, maybe even better with showing more passion, passion is what we lack.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 16, 2011, 10:21:18 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"MiKA\" post=191940
also, you say that SOD addressed problems in training!  

Did this eliminate problems at set pieces? No.
Did this make Sulli or Woodsy any better? No.
Did this eliminate bad defending? No.
Did this eliminate the stuppid back and side passing? No.
Did this make our midfielders more controling? No.
Did this make us any better in the final third? No.
Did this make our players actually try shooting rather than passing? No.

Nothing against SOD, he had little to work with and tried to do his best (but failed)

With DS we are trying to do things differently and why not, whilst we can bring players in then why not, all of the above can be overcome by bringing players in, some things have already been addressed, others i hope will be addressed after that pathetic effort on friday.

I also believe that DS will be just as effective on the training ground as SOD, maybe even better with showing more passion, passion is what we lack.

You have forgotten about the brilliant player in training who much as SOD persevered with was crap when it came to playing in a proper game.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 16, 2011, 10:26:31 am by Chris Black come back »
To be fair though he has made an impact at his new club and gone on to prove us all absolutely wrong, even though that club is playing at a lower level.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 16, 2011, 11:00:10 am by Padge_DRFC »
Sorry i just wanted an excuse to tell everyone Big Mac scored.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 16, 2011, 02:47:50 pm by graingrover »
I am sure we need and will undergo a big big change in playing staff and style . You cannot ask a passing side which has not had success for almost a full season worth of games just to get the ball more quickly into the danger zone.  It's a different type of game and needs a different personnel to what we have sought in the past. . Fortunately Deano has two thirds of a season and a transfer window to  try to save our status as a Championship club , but he has to dismantle before he can rebuild . He will not get the present staff to play in an essentially different way to  that in which they have played  for 5 years ... dismantle and rebuild .To rebuild will need investment and JR has said we cannot AFFORD relegation ... how would we ever get back says he! So invest NOW to consolidate !
 We can save money by offloading  nearly a whole ghost 'sub' team though ! To go Sullivan JOC, Hird , Chambers,Lockwood,Woods and Woods ,Wilson and Keegan.
 Then I would say the change in style will need a very different ethos in midfield and see the departure of Copps,Oster and (as above) Martin Woods .That makes one whole sub team to offload .

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 16, 2011, 03:04:30 pm by mutleyrover »
Ha Ha Mika!!! You say SOD failed. At what exactly?

He won us the JPT and promotion to the Championship.  Kept us there on a joke of a budget compared to the majority of clubs we were competing against. The only person that has failed is you by not appreciating what he actually achieved here rather than what he may have not got right.

Oh sorry no, you're right, he failed to get us to the Premier League.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 16, 2011, 03:11:50 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"mutleyrover\" post=192004

He won us the JPT and promotion to the Championship.  Kept us there on a joke of a budget compared to the majority of clubs we were competing against. The only person that has failed is you by not appreciating what he actually achieved here rather than what he may have not got right.

BUT you can't keep living on past memories. The form of the last 19 games under SOD we would have been relegated. That is a fact.
Would you still be singing his praises next season in league 1?
And don't assume we would come straight back up as bigger cubs than us have failed to do that.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 16, 2011, 04:31:28 pm by DRNaith »
or attempt to improve the players from the resources we have

also implies that there was no money left for SO'D to spend, I've heard otherwise.  Infact I've been told that DS has not yet spent any money that hadn't already been made available to SO'D.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 16, 2011, 04:39:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=192008
Quote from: \"mutleyrover\" post=192004

BUT you can't keep living on past memories. The form of the last 19 games under SOD we would have been relegated. That is a fact.
And don't assume we would come straight back up as bigger cubs than us have failed to do that.

We have played largely awful / average for most of the games that Deano has been in charge. It is crazy to think he can instill a totally new ethos into a team in just a few short weeks, especially when SOD spent so long instilling a very, very complex approach to the game into the squad. This will take time to unwind. However, the big concern is what will it be replaced by? I was literally lost for words at the shite served up on Friday night. Aimless lumping of the ball up front to Parkin, tactics that would get found out at Conference level. Does Deano have the tactical nouse - or is he primarily a motivator? Only time will tell but god help us if we are going to be treated to any more of that garbage from Friday night.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 16, 2011, 04:47:36 pm by Wellred »
1 bad game and I can't believe some of the drivel posted on here. How many bloody awful games have we witnessed in the last 12 months.
For gods sake give the bloke a chance.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 16, 2011, 04:55:12 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Will you be singing Saunders' praises next season then?

His tactical naivety...and ability to rub players up the wrong way...will see us relegated, of that I am reasonably convinced.

VikingJames

« Reply #15 on October 16, 2011, 04:57:08 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=192035

His tactical naivety...and ability to rub players up the wrong way...will see us relegated, of that I am reasonably convinced.

Well you're the expert... it must be true! :dry:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 16, 2011, 05:06:35 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=192035

Where and when have I sung Saunders praises ?

How can I possibly know where we will be next season unless I borrow your crystal ball as you seem to be so sure where we will be?

The trouble is you are so annoyed and upset that SOD has gone you read into posts what you want to see and not what is actually written.

I just want supporters to give the bloke a chance and not criticise every single thing he says or does.

If your interpretation of that is me singing his praises then you really are blinkered.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 16, 2011, 06:11:40 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=192034
1 bad game and I can't believe some of the drivel posted on here. How many bloody awful games have we witnessed in the last 12 months.

1 bad game? Are you forgetting the first half displays against Crystal Palace, Hull and Peterborough as we were dire in all three, why DS insists on this long ball tactic i don't know because it doesn't work.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 16, 2011, 06:19:33 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=192048

1 bad game? Are you forgetting the first half displays against Crystal Palace, Hull and Peterborough as we were dire in all three, why DS insists on this long ball tactic i don't know because it doesn't work.

Hmm 19 games fabulous football no wins.

Next bloke.
4 games 2 wins 1 draw and 1 loss.

How long have I got to think about it?

Oh yes sorry he was lucky wasn't he.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 16, 2011, 07:11:21 pm by bedale rover »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=192052

Next bloke.

yes he was

but as napoleon said of a potential general \"i dont care how good he is  is he lucky?\"

SOD was lucky to hit upon a way of utilising greeny
DS was lucky the oster got a wicked deflection

what gets me is that everyone talks about this manager or that manager should be sacked without reference to his skill  his luck or even more importantly this blase attitude makes no reference to his family or his circumstances

and yet in any other industry this wouldnt happen

football detaches us from reality :pinch:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 16, 2011, 07:29:35 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"bedale rover\" post=192065
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=192052

Next bloke.

yes he was

but as napoleon said of a potential general \"i dont care how good he is  is he lucky?\"

SOD was lucky to hit upon a way of utilising greeny
DS was lucky the oster got a wicked deflection

what gets me is that everyone talks about this manager or that manager should be sacked without reference to his skill  his luck or even more importantly this blase attitude makes no reference to his family or his circumstances

and yet in any other industry this wouldnt happen

football detaches us from reality :pinch:

The wages they are paid is totally detached from reality too.

Awww poor buggers. Sorry but they won't get my sympathy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012