Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:05:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: how do we set the ball rolling  (Read 2530 times)

viking87

• Forum Member
how do we set the ball rolling
« on October 17, 2011, 10:27:39 am by viking87 »
For a standing only section in the ground?

I know its old news now and some people don't like the idea of just standing (for health reasons or purely by choice).

but personally I love standing up!

I realise there's elderly and for what ever reason people who can't stand up for long amounts of time in the fan base.

I just think we can take into account that fans like standing up and can do so in a way that doesn't deem them antisocial by the stewards.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnybob

• Forum Member
Re: how do we set the ball rolling
« Reply #1 on October 17, 2011, 10:38:05 am by Donnybob »
By getting relegated to the Conference. :whistle:

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 17, 2011, 10:45:38 am by MiKA »
Then why did we change managers then!   :laugh:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 17, 2011, 10:45:44 am by jonnydog »
happy days ;)

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 17, 2011, 11:05:49 am by Donnybob »
Standing is simply not going to happen in the upper eschelons of football. It will never be brought back to Old Trafford, Anfield, The Emirates, Wembley, etc.

You'll do beetr campaining for everyone to wear a flat cap and a muffler.

Terraces are dead. But it still survives at places like Frickley, Gainsborough, Worksop and Retford. And that's where it belongs I'm afraid.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 17, 2011, 11:32:27 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Donnybob\" post=192167
Standing is simply not going to happen in the upper eschelons of football. It will never be brought back to Old Trafford, Anfield, The Emirates, Wembley, etc.

Terraces are dead. But it still survives at places like Frickley, Gainsborough, Worksop and Retford. And that's where it belongs I'm afraid.

Not forgetting of course in the Bundesliga in Germany. The Germans do seem to be more advanced than the British in most things at the moment. :cry: :cry:

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 17, 2011, 12:42:24 pm by Donnybob »
When Rovers join the Bundesliga I'll take that comment seriously.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 17, 2011, 01:03:07 pm by Wellred »
I never take any of your posts seriously so you can please yourself.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 17, 2011, 01:21:24 pm by River Don »

And places like Dortmund, where it's still perfectly safe apparently...

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 17, 2011, 01:23:20 pm by mushRTID »
The opening post is a perfectly reasonable question, despite DonnyBobs attempt to shoot you down.

I would love a standing only section. Dont they have them at Man City?

The atmosphere at the KM is that crap any idea should be considered by JR and I would more than back this one......a great time was had at Peterborough.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 17, 2011, 01:26:42 pm by Mr1Croft »

And yet I never see a sould sat down in the Stretford end in Old Trafford and in the Kop at Anfield.

The same can be said about behind the Revie stand at Elland Road, the Shed End at Stamford Bridge.

At Grounds like Ipswich and Norwich fans gather behind the goal and remain stood all game, despite their being heavy stewarding to stop away fans doing it.

Actually if you watch Match of the Day, it's surpirsing to see how many PL away fans do actually sit down at games. At every PL stadium there is a stand which is associated the 'kop' where most fans gather to stand/sing etc.,

It's not dead, it's just for clubs like us with fewer and fewer fans its only the team in numbers that get away with standing up. Plus at the Keepmoat the image of a \"family club\" has all but killed any hopes of making a standing section.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 17, 2011, 01:38:48 pm by dumbroofer »
standing at the keepmoat is frowned upon, when asked by a steward to sit down,i have pointed at the away fans and said they are all standing.
you are told that they have got stewards over there and we are the stewards here .
ok simples swap all the little hitlers from the home end and put them in charge of the away fans ......sorted

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 17, 2011, 01:51:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
In this day and age there are no sane argumens against giving supporters the OPTION of safe standing should they wish. Anyone go to Peterborough and see how cheap the tickets were in the terrace behind the goal? If you don't want to stand, then fine, pay a bit more and go and sit down. We are not talking about massive 20,000 Spion Kop terraces, but small areas of safe standing for those who CHOOSE to stand if they wish. In these times of declining incomes and soaring ticket prices (27 quid anyone) there is an obvious case to help out the average supporter with a cheaper alternative. Oh, and hopefully created some proper atmosphere rather than the corporate morgues which must grounds have become these days.

viking87

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 17, 2011, 03:16:05 pm by viking87 »
Thanks for the replys, Even the daft ones!

I know its only talk atm, but it gets me excited of the prospect.
It might be worth asking just how successful it is for other clubs: both atmospherically and financially?

I hope JR and the board latches onto the idea of a standing section,
As for one would choose to stand for every match.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 17, 2011, 03:52:27 pm by mushRTID »
Id ask for a pole to be run on here first to see what everyone thinks...

viking87

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 17, 2011, 04:22:14 pm by viking87 »
Cheers mush.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 17, 2011, 07:13:29 pm by scuzzer »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=192213
The opening post is a perfectly reasonable question, despite DonnyBobs attempt to shoot you down.

I would love a standing only section. Dont they have them at Man City?

The atmosphere at the KM is that crap any idea should be considered by JR and I would more than back this one......a great time was had at Peterborough.

Man City have moved the away fans tomorrow night for the CL game with Villareal so they can have the back of the goal where they usually sit as a singing section. It's still designated seats and people from other parts of the ground were invited to switch their tickets to this section if they specifically wanted to be in the singing section. Officially the area will still be seated, in practice i can't see anyone sitting in it much as the Napoli fans didn't the other week in the last home game.

I'm going to the game with work so will see first hand how it goes, after Friday it seemed an easy decision to make!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 17, 2011, 07:54:36 pm by hoolahoop »
We need a standing area if at all possible and as soon as possible it's no good the old fuddyduddys (like Donnybob) forever putting down the youth of our club.
Bob suck on your pipe whilst some of us try and give our club some vocal support.
Last Friday was shameful wtf is going on here ? Our away support is good, strong and vocal yet the same people are made to feel inhibited at home not by bloody stewards but our own supporters ???
If you try starting a chant all you get are bemused looks wtf is going on with our supporters both young and old. On Friday a couple of lads near to me commented to me on how quiet the Polypipe stand was (both STH's).........neither of them make a sound (except when we first come out or score) we seem to think it's everyone else's job !!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 17, 2011, 07:59:45 pm by Wellred »
I wouldn't want to be sat there myself but there is no reason why the club cannot do it.

If they can move STH's to accommodate Leeds fans in the East stand then they can do the same in the South stand to accommodate a singing section.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 17, 2011, 08:10:09 pm by Jonathan »
I'd much prefer to stand at games. I'd like nothing more than for the seats to be ripped out of the South Stand and terracing put in, although it does feel like something of a (Poly)pipe dream.

Arranging for people to stand in seating areas is always difficult as some people pay for a seat and want to sit in it which is fair enough really. My dad has a season ticket in the East Stand and I wouldn't be pleased if somebody bought a ticket infront of him and stood up all game.

viking87

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 17, 2011, 09:45:47 pm by viking87 »
Hoolahoop, like most matches I loose my voice from shouting and singing and I love it! There's a minority and probably yourself that like to have a good go at it aswell, until you get frowned upon!

I feel bad for anyone being stuck between fans that don't sing or atleast show an affect to there surroundings but sadly though its the majority as fans have there own way of enjoying a football match and shouting and singing just isn't for everyone.

Same goes for standing.

The solution is obvious

TinyPortal © 2005-2012