Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:30:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: OUR MIDFEILD NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY 4-4-2  (Read 2689 times)

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
OUR MIDFEILD NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY 4-4-2
« on October 17, 2011, 02:56:36 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
On friday nite we go totally hanmmered in midfeild we have to many  play makers not enough ball winners.Deano please go and get us some muscle in midfield

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: OUR MIDFEILD NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY 4-4-2
« Reply #1 on October 17, 2011, 03:02:00 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
agree all to weak if we want to play players who wont get stuck in wee have to dominate midfield. also sarp/parkin dont look like they can play to geter i on current form would rather hav parkin although sharp is better player he aint playing like it

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 17, 2011, 03:10:58 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
sorry m8 sharp every time ,it proved friday parkin not in same class goal scoring record proves it.hayter left ,bennett right on tuesday

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 17, 2011, 03:14:22 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
ive got a funny feeling wison will play tuesday nite maybe wrong but we need a ball winner.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 17, 2011, 03:20:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I tend to agree that 2 central midfielders doesn't suit us with who played in there.  Gillett and Stock are too small to play as a CM pairing IMO.  Saunders must be contemplating sticking the extra man in there, I'd be tempted to go with Sharp up top on his own, Copps right, Bennett left and Mason in the hole in front of Stock and Gillett.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 17, 2011, 03:38:11 pm by GazLaz »
If we play 4-4-2 we need to play more as a unit in midfield. Start off playing narrower and more rigid, especially away from home. As the game progresses and we start getting on top we can start to expand a bit more. With the right organisation and the right attitude from the players it doesn't matter if they are tall short or whatever. Look how hard Xavi and Iniesta work, their natural game isn't to graft, press and tackle but they are disciplined and have worked on that side of their game.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 17, 2011, 03:46:15 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
leeds proved that 442 can work with the right players i kie 442 i also like 433 cuz they r attacking but we need 2 have right players 2 play 442 r centre halfs arnt good enough 2 play it

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 17, 2011, 04:00:06 pm by Wellred »
I think had you left \"To play 4-4-2\" off the end you wouldn't have been to far off the truth.

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 17, 2011, 04:08:33 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=192261
If we play 4-4-2 we need to play more as a unit in midfield. Start off playing narrower and more rigid, especially away from home. As the game progresses and we start getting on top we can start to expand a bit more. With the right organisation and the right attitude from the players it doesn't matter if they are tall short or whatever. Look how hard Xavi and Iniesta work, their natural game isn't to graft, press and tackle but they are disciplined and have worked on that side of their game.

yes i agree but barcelona always hae muscle in midfeild with them 2

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 17, 2011, 04:26:14 pm by GazLaz »
Yes sorry I forgot. Fabregas is a Rottweiler. He's been with them recently.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 17, 2011, 04:28:54 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=192255
I tend to agree that 2 central midfielders doesn't suit us with who played in there.  Gillett and Stock are too small to play as a CM pairing IMO.  Saunders must be contemplating sticking the extra man in there, I'd be tempted to go with Sharp up top on his own, Copps right, Bennett left and Mason in the hole in front of Stock and Gillett.

Like it, Trotsky! In fact it almost looks like a Sean O'Driscoll line up. And before anyone starts, I think it is the way forward for Saunders. Play to the strengths of what we have available rather than trying to force square pegs into round holes. If he's learned that lesson from Friday, perhaps it wasn't a totally futile exercise.

One change I would make to your line-up- get Hayter playing in the hole. I'd still play Mason and Bennett, but at the expense of either Coppinger or Gillett.

At the back, I guess Chimboda will start, with JO'C either benched or moved into the middle alongside Friend.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 17, 2011, 04:55:29 pm by CJK »
To be fair the midfield hardly saw much of the ball with it being in the air so much. We need to get Stock involved more if we are going to compete and create chances.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 17, 2011, 04:57:26 pm by Berkshire Rover »
After the weekends results I suspect both us and Blackpool would be highly delighted with a sterile 0-0!

However, and this isn't just to wind up my mate Benaldo I would play Stock and Hird in front of a back four of Illunga, Friend, Naylor / JOC and Chimbonda

I'd have Hayter on the left, Mason in the middle just off the front, Bennett on the right and Sharp up top on his own.

4-2-3-1 for me.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 17, 2011, 04:58:29 pm by Wellred »
The biggest problem we have had for a long time and without doubt the cause of so many of our defeats last season was our midfield give the defence no protection whatsoever.
Once we have solved this problem then we can look at getting them to go forward and attack the opposition.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 17, 2011, 05:26:51 pm by grayx »
Quote from: \"CJK\" post=192279
To be fair the midfield hardly saw much of the ball with it being in the air so much. We need to get Stock involved more if we are going to compete and create chances.

I'd like to see Stock get himself more involved to be honest. Seemed to be strolling around doing nothing,painfully slow & unable to tackle. Hope this is just down to his lack of fitness.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 17, 2011, 05:36:43 pm by wilts rover »
I noticed a thread on the yorkshire talk site that proposes the option of Friend in midfield, he has the energy, can tackle, the main downside being is that he is our best centre half

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 17, 2011, 05:58:59 pm by graingrover »
Rezd Baron is right !

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 17, 2011, 06:03:52 pm by graingrover »
especially Red Baron if JOC goes to the bench ... he has not only lost his positional awareness as a full back but now effs up the whole penalty area at corners too. That Daral Pugh goal came in from their left wing just as Joc was jostling for position with his own Centre half FFS! He was much better five years ago asd a full back .. now he is very confused of his rôle .. under SOD too!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 17, 2011, 07:55:58 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"graingrover\" post=192306
especially Red Baron if JOC goes to the bench ... he has not only lost his positional awareness as a full back but now effs up the whole penalty area at corners too. That Daral Pugh goal came in from their left wing just as Joc was jostling for position with his own Centre half FFS! He was much better five years ago asd a full back .. now he is very confused of his rôle .. under SOD too!

Bloody hell is Daral still playing? I thought he packed up years ago  Brian

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 17, 2011, 08:06:36 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=192272
Yes sorry I forgot. Fabregas is a Rottweiler. He's been with them recently.

this is how much you no about barcelona either keita,busquets,or thiago . it was thiago on sat playing holding midfeild role

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 18, 2011, 06:59:25 am by Wade Falana »
Get Giles Barnes and Bennett back in tonight.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012