Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:57:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Ryan damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!  (Read 2545 times)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
John Ryan damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!
« on October 27, 2011, 12:56:42 pm by DonnyRTID »
People on this forum have been demanding more players, I.e goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders, and most of the same have been moaning about ticket prices, what was the man supposed to do!, with the minimal money coming in we are lucky to still be in the championship.
John Ryan saved this club from the depths of despair and for that I will back him all the way, if it’s good enough for him it’s good enough for me.
Yes it might fail, yes we might loose our identity, yes we might see a lot of the squad moving on but what’s the alternative?.
If we leave things as they are there’s only one way we’re going and it aint up!.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: John Ryan damned if he does, damned if he doesn't!
« Reply #1 on October 27, 2011, 01:00:28 pm by benaldo »
I agree, Something needed to be done, The club needs good players coming in for peanuts and this is the way around it. I wish Mackay all the best in this.

Some people would much prefer SOD still being here and the club losing every match with no prospect of anyone coming in to make things better. :facepalm:

At least this way, something is being done. :thumbsup:

prawncocktail

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 27, 2011, 01:04:41 pm by prawncocktail »
Amen to that- If its good enough for John it good for me and should be good enough for any true Rovers fan

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 27, 2011, 01:11:38 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I also agree.  Simply because of the low financial risk.  Too many clubs risk financial wellbeing for success.  All we have to do for this to work is stay up and that should be achievable.  Hopefully soon we'll be laughing at other clubs when we're winning games with a tiny wage bill.  If it fails and we go down at least we won't be skint and that's the main thing.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 27, 2011, 01:17:59 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I believe JR is involved in a plot to bring aliens into Donny. McKay is half alien and having led a breeding programme in Saint-Étienne, he's identified Donny as the next step and is bringing over the randy invaders one by one.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 27, 2011, 01:19:44 pm by jonnydog »
Agree with all the above posts.

The world is divided into Yin and Yan, that no-one can not change. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and fair enough, but I am just totally deflated with some on here who will be negative because:

A.) SODS been sacked and they have no faith in Saunders
B.) The 'Identity' of the club is apparently lost (A bit like pretty much all of our results because of said identity.)
C.) We are all weary of the Mckay thing as we have been burnt (literally) by corruptness in the past.

Again, this is understandable. But JR has always done the right thing by us, and I have faith in him. We CAN NOT survive with our current players, and with current attendances. This is IMO the only way we can survive this season (and make a bit more money on the side), cos the way we were headed we were destined for League 1. League 1 is still a high possiblity but this way we at least might win some games and have some players who will give it their all.

The only thing I am negative about at the minute is the fact some of our 'core' players are not giving 100% on the field, and inevitably it's the players to blame if we get relegated.

Certain members on here put all their faith in SOD on the back of a dreadful run of performances, yeah there were injuries, but if everyone could put the same faith in JR then this place would be a lot more positive.

:rtid:

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 27, 2011, 01:25:21 pm by dumbroofer »
Quote from: \"prawncocktail\" post=194669
Amen to that- If its good enough for John it good for me and should be good enough for any true Rovers fan

we all know sir john only has the best interests of the rovers at heart,some of us may have voiced our concern of what is happening.
but i still consider myself to be a true rovers fan,his radio dee dah interview drove home to me why they are trying this idea.

like ive said in numerous posts,i really hope it works,not just for us but for the man himself.
my hat goes off to you sir john ryan.

ps this is my last post on this subject,which in its self probably aint a bad thing lol

RTID.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 27, 2011, 01:27:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=194674
Agree with all the above posts.

I thought others would see it too. DS is a half breed as well. Note how his tongue pokes out a lot. I'm sure I saw part of the covering of it split and the blue pointy tongue coming through. It really is a nightmare.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 27, 2011, 01:56:31 pm by SkellowRover »
Well speaking for myself i'm not anti DS in any way and the lads will get 110% support from me this weekend like they always do.
What i am concerned about is the whole McKay business as things aren't all they seem to me to me and i really do believe that JR was backed into a corner by other board members into agreeing to it. A man doesn't go from backing his manager publically to sacking him and changing his priciples and the whole ethos of the club within the space of 24 hours without a little push.
I really hope i am proven wrong but i have a horrbile feeling that we can be left in a real mess, especially if we do get relegated.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 27, 2011, 02:15:51 pm by benaldo »
The only way this can go wrong is if Rovers get relegated. If they don't, they still maintain their usefulness as a \"shop window\" for those shopping for premiership players.

If Rovers get relegated I would imagine it would be a catastrophe of biblical proportions. Hold onto your hats, cross your fingers, touch wood, pray, buy lucky heather, and rub Sam Hird.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 27, 2011, 02:20:00 pm by dumbroofer »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=194685
The only way this can go wrong is if Rovers get relegated. If they don't, they still maintain there usefulness as a \"shop window\" for those shopping for premiership players.

If Rovers get relegated I would imagine it would be a catastrophe of biblical proportions. Hold onto your hats, cross your fingers, touch wood, pray, buy lucky heather, and rub Sam Hird.

i understand sam hird is a touchy subject with you benaldo ,but to rub him lol

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 27, 2011, 02:21:23 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=194682
Well speaking for myself i'm not anti DS in any way and the lads will get 110% support from me this weekend like they always do.
What i am concerned about is the whole McKay business as things aren't all they seem to me to me and i really do believe that JR was backed into a corner by other board members into agreeing to it. A man doesn't go from backing his manager publically to sacking him and changing his priciples and the whole ethos of the club within the space of 24 hours without a little push.
I really hope i am proven wrong but i have a horrbile feeling that we can be left in a real mess, especially if we do get relegated.

If you did as  you say go to the Alliance meeting surely you know the answer to the backing the manager then sacking him 24 hours later point?

prawncocktail

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 27, 2011, 02:28:31 pm by prawncocktail »
Even if the worst happens and we do go down,the wage bill will be at a managable level and wont cripple us. If it does nt work at least we tried something different. We are not contracted to Mr Mackay for ever. Stop the in fighting and support DRFC Sir John Ryan deserves some credit for what he has done for us all. And i for one dont doubt he can achieve what he says he can:rtid:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 27, 2011, 02:38:49 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=194688
If you did as  you say go to the Alliance meeting surely you know the answer to the backing the manager then sacking him 24 hours later point?

Christ on a bike how long did the Alliance meeting go on for? It seems to have covered the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from all sides!

It's certainly made an impact on you, I've barely seen a post without reference to it!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 27, 2011, 02:56:23 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"prawncocktail\" post=194689
Even if the worst happens and we do go down,the wage bill will be at a managable level and wont cripple us. If it does nt work at least we tried something different. We are not contracted to Mr Mackay for ever. Stop the in fighting and support DRFC Sir John Ryan deserves some credit for what he has done for us all. And i for one dont doubt he can achieve what he says he can:rtid:

How will getting relegated mean the wages will be \"at a managable level\"? I am certain that Stock, Oster, Coppinger, Sharp, et al, will not be taking a pay cut. What I think you might mean is that they are sold (or released on a free due to a relegation clause) and Rovers bring in even worse players on less money. However you look at it, relegation will quite possibly be as catastrophic as a team of Sam Hirds. Even smaller crowds, worse players, no \"stars from Mackay\", no investment, no owned stadium, going no-where. Who'd invest in Rovers in League one?? Not many!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 27, 2011, 03:32:24 pm by RoversAlias »
If we do get relegated I may with hindsight forever regret the day I sat next to Sam Hird at a school play and didn't rub him!

:dry:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 27, 2011, 03:37:42 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=194693

Christ on a bike how long did the Alliance meeting go on for? It seems to have covered the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from all sides!

It's certainly made an impact on you, I've barely seen a post without reference to it!

Maybe if people who were actually there had listened to what JR said then I wouldn't be replying to posts which contradicted some of what was said.

But you probably wouldn't believe it anyway.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 27, 2011, 05:47:46 pm by SkellowRover »

Sorry but JR just didn't look comfortable with what he was actually saying at the alliance meeting, and you can not deny that he backed SoD 24 hours before sacking him and changing his whole philosophy about how things happen at the club. Sorry but things like that don't just change that quickly unless they were forced, If JR had any doubts he wouldn't be backing SoD publically in the media like he did the pravious day only to do a massive u-turn 24 hours later and have his integrity questioned by so many.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 27, 2011, 06:56:39 pm by dickos1 »
chairmen and chief execs are always in the press backing their manager only to sack them a few days later thats why its called the \"dreaded vote of confidence\" think your looking for things that arent there.
John ryan has stated numerous times why what is happening is happening, but you choose not to believe him or trust him. Thats what it all comes down to you either trust and believe JR or you dont its as simple as that.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 27, 2011, 08:58:08 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=194763

Sorry but JR just didn't look comfortable with what he was actually saying at the alliance meeting, and you can not deny that he backed SoD 24 hours before sacking him and changing his whole philosophy about how things happen at the club. Sorry but things like that don't just change that quickly unless they were forced, If JR had any doubts he wouldn't be backing SoD publically in the media like he did the pravious day only to do a massive u-turn 24 hours later and have his integrity questioned by so many.

Skellow, you are entitled to your opinion I respect that, but having sat in front of JR before the Palace game and hear him describe himself as 'looking a pillock' his words not mine, for backing Sean at the beginning of the week and then sacking him at the end of the week, and hearing his version of the chain of events I am satisfied that the key decisions taken were initiated by JR and supported by Dick Watson.

I've been around the block a few times and can normally smell bullshit at a fair distance but I remain 100% convinced that JR only ever takes decisions that he believes ar ein the best interests of the club. That doesn't mean he's always right, and that is where the VSC comes in, to challenge where necessary, urge caution where appropriate, both of which we will be doing this weekend.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 27, 2011, 09:30:55 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=194763

I have agreed with a lot you have said Skellow - but also disagreed with a lot. Only one person truely knows why John Ryan changed his mind, and thats John Ryan. Personally I dont think there was one element, it was a number of factors all coming together at once, something had to give, and that something seems to have been Sean O'Driscoll. Apparently at the end of the day its a resukts business, driven by finance, if you haven't got one ofd those elements you are in trouble, if you haven't got two, you are in very big trouble.
I dont doubt he looked/sounded uncomfortable having to explain why he changed his mind, it takes a big man to do so.

Life goes on, we are in the Dean Saunders/Willie Mckay era now, will it work, who knows, what I would like to see is some actual product from all the rumours (so where are all these world class players dying to play for Donny Rovers at £2k a week) and a lot better performance from the players on the pitch than the Leeds and Portsmouth games.

On second thoughts maybe it is all down to JR not rubbing Sam Hird hard enough - maybe he can get Benaldo to do it for him in future, that could be just the magic spark we need....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012