Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:44:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: January exits...  (Read 3378 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
January exits...
« on November 23, 2011, 09:27:40 am by Red Rover »
Realistically, who do you think will be departing the Keepmoat come January?

Personally, I think Billy and Copps will be on their way. Saunders doesn't seem to like Copps, which is baffling!

I think Diouf might get another club, Ilunga might go back to West Ham, maybe Gary Woods and Muz out on loan.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovin Reporter

Re: January exits...
« Reply #1 on November 23, 2011, 09:36:29 am by Rovin Reporter »
i think the Man City team may be available  after last night result ...

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 23, 2011, 09:40:09 am by benaldo »
I think Saunders does/did like Coppinger, it's just that Coppinger isn't playing well and hasn't been for a year or so now.

My predicted exits are -

Sharp
Sheils
Wilson
Hayter or Brown

My hoped for Exits are -

Hird
Lockwood
Martis
Gillett
Woods G
Stock
Martis
Hird
Friend
Hird

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 23, 2011, 09:59:08 am by Donnybax »
my predicted exits
m wilson
c brown
m dumbuya
b sharp
d sheils
g woods (loan)
maybe copps

donnymatty

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 23, 2011, 10:04:34 am by donnymatty »
Coppinger, Dumbuya (loan) Woods (loan), brown and shiels

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 23, 2011, 01:13:44 pm by Jonathan »
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Coppinger and Sharp shipped out, unfortunately.

Hotdogs4$ale

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 23, 2011, 01:41:22 pm by Hotdogs4$ale »
I am struggling to muster up the enthusiasm I once had for Rovers at the moment. This is due in a large way to the fact that Diouf plays for us and I realise that is my problem not his. I honestly don't feel as connected to the Club as I used to either. I put this down to the sudden influx of players on short term contracts which, for me makes it difficult to form any kind of affiliation/bond with them. How can I pick a favourite when he will likely be gone in a couple of months? I know we need to try something drastic if we are to stay up this season and if it works then great. I just can't shake the feeling that SOD could have kept us up had he not been axed just as key players returned from injury.

I'm not trying to slag off Saunders, McKay, the Board, or anyone here. Likewise I'm not saying SOD would have kept us up. I'm just trying to explain my current apathy with the Club as honestly as I can.

It's a $hit feeling losing interest in something you genuinely love and if Copps and Sharp do leave in Jan, I fear my interest in Donny will be almost non-existant!

Boring moan over.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 23, 2011, 02:09:47 pm by keyser_soze »
I'd agree with that, totally disenfranchised at the moment. I thought it was down to having moved away from the area and giving up my season ticket, but this just makes it even harder to get enthusiastic about all things Rovers. It just doesn't seem to be the same club I grew up watching.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 23, 2011, 02:15:05 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
players come and go so do managers and chairmen im sure this circus will end as abbruptly as it started and thing will be more like a normal football club. at least it is diffrent if we do go down it has been more entertaining than supporting other clubs like coventry who just accept it at least we all got something to talk about other than were shit even if it is moaning about the mckay thing

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 23, 2011, 04:17:18 pm by DonnyEl »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=200377
I think Saunders does/did like Coppinger, it's just that Coppinger isn't playing well and hasn't been for a year or so now.

My predicted exits are -

Sharp
Sheils
Wilson
Hayter or Brown

My hoped for Exits are -

Hird
Lockwood
Martis
Gillett
Woods G
Stock
Martis
Hird
Friend
Hird

I'd love to know how you'd plan to get rid of those players, particuarly when they're on a contract, this isn't Championship manager, someones got to want them. Also, why anyone would want to get rid of George Friend is beyond me, and it shows how little you really know. The bloke's been colossal all season

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 23, 2011, 04:19:37 pm by benaldo »
ERm....the same way Sharp is going.... You SELL the players to other clubs. I thought the accepted practice was to tell player x that he isn't in the clubs plans and will sit out the remainder of his contract on the bench or in the stands unless he accepts a reasonable offer from another club.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 23, 2011, 04:24:19 pm by donnyroversfc »
I think the players who'll leave in january:      

Billy Sharp    
Adam Lockwood
Ryan Mason    
Giles Barnes      
El-Hadji Diouf    
Oscar Radford         
Dean Shiels
Mustapha Dumbuya (loan)     
James Baxendale (loan)   
Carl Ikeme
Rachid Bouhenna (loan)   
Paul Keegan    
Herita Ilunga    
Gary Woods (loan)    
Pascal Chimbonda
Herold Goulon
Habib Beye

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 23, 2011, 04:28:14 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
o come on friend is not a clossuss he cant run cant win a clean header first touch of a sunday leauge player and if he is our best candidate for captin then we r in trouble. when he hopefully leaves im sure it will be to a lower leauge club.

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 23, 2011, 04:28:33 pm by DonnyEl »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=200539
ERm....the same way Sharp is going.... You SELL the players to other clubs. I thought the accepted practice was to tell player x that he isn't in the clubs plans and will sit out the remainder of his contract on the bench or in the stands unless he accepts a reasonable offer from another club.

Someones got to want them, who's going to come and pay money for say, Adam Lockwood, Sam Hird, Simon Gilett etc when they can get them for free in the summer?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 23, 2011, 05:07:49 pm by dumbroofer »
did anyone go to the tranmere game earlier this year? the players deemed not good enough by some on here destroyed said league one side.
so why should we be getting rid of players, when that is the bloody league we currently look like we will be plying our trade in next season.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 23, 2011, 06:46:04 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=200549
did anyone go to the tranmere game earlier this year? the players deemed not good enough by some on here destroyed said league one side.
so why should we be getting rid of players, when that is the bloody league we currently look like we will be plying our trade in next season.

We're far from being down yet! Its more important to be maximising our team for this league until the possible day that we're definitely down. Saunders will be wanting to pick who he wants to stay - some who may well have been in a SOD team for League 1 wouldn't be first choice for a DS team there. Good to recall how well we competed against a League 1 side tho :)

Benaldo - there's no way Hayter will be leaving in Jan. Even tho he isn't getting into the side so often, his work rate is a model of what DS is looking for in players.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 23, 2011, 09:05:21 pm by Viking Don »
Well to me it seems as though we are still the Donny Rovers of old but just trying to find a way to survive in the dizzy heights of the old second division. We just haven't got the support as yet, but that will change if we can continue to bluff/outplay/outmaneuver sides who are better equipped at present.

Have a bit of patience, this is a bloody good attempt at a plan to get what other sides have already got, i.e. decent crowds. The ultimate plan seems to be to get a youth system going, how the eff are we to do that if we are in the doldrums again?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 23, 2011, 09:22:49 pm by DonnyNoel »
Anyone who hasn't consistently featured under DS (Spurr excepted) must be in danger of going out on loan on permanently come January as I can imagine he wants 4+ permanent signings come the window.

Wilson
Woods
Woods
Locky
Hird
Muzzy
Radford
Baxendale

Some of the current regulars don't appear to be up to it either but they may become the squad players to replace the above. Also wouldnt surprise me to see Mason leave. Not sure what the terms of his loan are but maybe DS feels we need to maximise our loan signings with someone more physical.

Highland Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 24, 2011, 12:20:20 pm by Highland Rover »
Up here in Scotland , it's generally thought that Shiels will stay at Kilmarnock as

no transfer fee is involved but he is getting good reports from his recent games .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 24, 2011, 12:24:29 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Highland Rover\" post=200757
Up here in Scotland , it's generally thought that Shiels will stay at Kilmarnock as

no transfer fee is involved but he is getting good reports from his recent games .

Not exactly true, if we don`t extend the loan in january and they want him then, they`ll have to pay a fee unless we release him from his contract which expires at the end of the season I believe

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 24, 2011, 12:39:36 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=200576
Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=200549

We're far from being down yet! Its more important to be maximising our team for this league until the possible day that we're definitely down. Saunders will be wanting to pick who he wants to stay - some who may well have been in a SOD team for League 1 wouldn't be first choice for a DS team there. Good to recall how well we competed against a League 1 side tho :)

Benaldo - there's no way Hayter will be leaving in Jan. Even tho he isn't getting into the side so often, his work rate is a model of what DS is looking for in players.

Hey, don't get me wrong I LIKE Hayter. It's just that age is catching up (isn't he 32/33?) and if his exit makes way for something better - and cheaper - then I'm all for it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012