Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:52:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keep The Faith  (Read 2290 times)

madmick50

• Forum Member
Keep The Faith
« on December 31, 2011, 03:37:47 pm by madmick50 »
OK we've lost against Watford today but we have not been relegated. As everyone knows I've been against the new policy from day one and don't think Saunders is a good manager.

The only possible solution I could see that might have a chance is if SOD could be persuaded to come back. He might be persuaded because the McKay plan is not quite what it first appeared to be with Diouf and others staying for a lot longer than was initially envisaged. This might be the wriggle room needed to allow him to come back without losing face.

However if this can't be done (I do know it is a very long shot) there is nothing else to do  other than hope the January transfer window brings in the players that will turn the season around. Don't panic just yet. There is still time for me to be proved wrong.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Keep The Faith
« Reply #1 on December 31, 2011, 03:42:21 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=207159
OK we've lost against Watford today but we have not been relegated. As everyone knows I've been against the new policy from day one and don't think Saunders is a good manager.

The only possible solution I could see that might have a chance is if SOD could be persuaded to come back. He might be persuaded because the McKay plan is not quite what it first appeared to be with Diouf and others staying for a lot longer than was initially envisaged. This might be the wriggle room needed to allow him to come back without losing face.

However if this can't be done (I do know it is a very long shot) there is nothing else to do  other than hope the January transfer window brings in the players that will turn the season around. Don't panic just yet. There is still time for me to be proved wrong.

Could n`t you just approach JR and offer to be a mentor to Saunders, free of charge of course, i`m sure with the right guidance, Dean can get us out of this!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 31, 2011, 03:42:44 pm by mushRTID »
Have you really suggested bringing SOD back?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 31, 2011, 03:43:11 pm by Wellred »

Well that is the confirmation I needed. You really are mad.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 31, 2011, 03:50:42 pm by madmick50 »
Could n`t you just approach JR and offer to be a mentor to Saunders, free of charge of course, i`m sure with the right guidance, Dean can get us out of this!

It's obvious that he has actually taken some of my advice on-board but unfortunately he has disregarded most of it.

Your response did however get me thinking. While I am an expert in management I have never applied these skills to football. What about if SOD came back to mentor Saunders? A combination of SOD's expertise and Saunders enthusiasm may be the ideal combination.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 31, 2011, 03:56:09 pm by mushRTID »
SOD has gone mate. Time to throw away those SOD pyjamas, posters and underpants and look to the future.

Marydene Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 31, 2011, 03:57:50 pm by Marydene Rover »
I've been watching Rover's since 1968 as an 8 year old. SOD had Rovers playing the best football by a country mile that I have ever seen Rovers play. To sack SOD was a huge mistake that is slowly but surely going to ruin the club. The current structure is a joke and cannot and will never work. Slag Madmick all you want but from what I have read he is one of the few people on here talking any objective sense. I doubt SOD would ever come back after the contemptuos treatment he received following his suoerb work.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 31, 2011, 03:59:06 pm by ScillyRover »
Straight Jacket on it's way to you Mick
:thumbsup:

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 31, 2011, 04:03:59 pm by Derby Viking »
Quote from: \"Marydene Rover\" post=207184
I've been watching Rover's since 1968 as an 8 year old. SOD had Rovers playing the best football by a country mile that I have ever seen Rovers play. To sack SOD was a huge mistake that is slowly but surely going to ruin the club. The current structure is a joke and cannot and will never work. Slag Madmick all you want but from what I have read he is one of the few people on here talking any objective sense. I doubt SOD would ever come back after the contemptuos treatment he received following his suoerb work.

SOD had won 3 of his last 32 games - there isn't a manager in the country that would keep his job after that. I'm not saying Saunders is the answer but SOD couldn't keep his job after that run of results.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 31, 2011, 04:07:33 pm by madmick50 »

Thank you for your support. I agree with everything you've said. I don't think SOD would come back but stranger things have happened in life!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 31, 2011, 04:10:34 pm by dickos1 »
We're in a battle the biggest battle for years. Nice football isn't the answer, next year I believe we will see a definitive change in our style!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 31, 2011, 04:12:56 pm by benaldo »
Dear Madmick

I'm offering you a chance in a lifetime. Can you please donate your brain to medical science after you are gone (seeing as you've finsihed using it already)?

Modern science will marvel at the wonders I'm sure they'll discover when they examine it. A diagnosis of \"human\" would be a very shocking one, let alone all the other things they'll find....like the fact that when they slice it it'll have SOD running through it like a stick of blackpool rock.

If you could leave your brain to DRFC on your demise I think they'd probably pickle it and put it on display like einsteins. But hopefully technology will have moved on to a point where it's much more like the brains in \"futurama\". I can see it now, a disembodied brain in a jar shouting \"|Bloody useless, get SOD back\" in the 3342 season pre season friendly against neptune.

Best wishes

Alonzo Drake

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 31, 2011, 04:15:33 pm by Alonzo Drake »
Hi Everyone -- please starve this Bozo 'Madmick' of the attention he craves, and do not respond to his crap.

We'll win a few and he'll disappear like last time.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 31, 2011, 04:37:34 pm by madmick50 »

Thank you for your support. I agree with everything you've said. I don't think SOD would come back but stranger things have happened in life!

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 31, 2011, 04:42:04 pm by madmick50 »
Dear Madmick

I'm offering you a chance in a lifetime. Can you please donate your brain to medical science after you are gone (seeing as you've finsihed using it already)?

Modern science will marvel at the wonders I'm sure they'll discover when they examine it. A diagnosis of \"human\" would be a very shocking one, let alone all the other things they'll find....like the fact that when they slice it it'll have SOD running through it like a stick of blackpool rock.

If you could leave your brain to DRFC on your demise I think they'd probably pickle it and put it on display like einsteins. But hopefully technology will have moved on to a point where it's much more like the brains in \"futurama\". I can see it now, a disembodied brain in a jar shouting \"|Bloody useless, get SOD back\" in the 3342 season pre season friendly against neptune.

Best wishes

Hahaha. You do make me laugh Benaldo.

Marydene Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 31, 2011, 04:44:50 pm by Marydene Rover »
SOD may well have taken the club down but we would have bounced back. SOD worked a miracle with the money and resources at his disposal. I for one would have happily been relegated safe in the knowledge that with such a briliant and intelligent manager we would have bounced back. We will go down now in shambolic circumstances with the great work of the last decade torn to shreds. The Board should hang their heads in shame for throwing away our jewel in the crown. If Billy hadn't got injured on the 1st day of the season we would not be in this mess.
I depair for the future of this great club.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 31, 2011, 04:52:58 pm by madmick50 »
SOD may well have taken the club down but we would have bounced back. SOD worked a miracle with the money and resources at his disposal. I for one would have happily been relegated safe in the knowledge that with such a briliant and intelligent manager we would have bounced back. We will go down now in shambolic circumstances with the great work of the last decade torn to shreds. The Board should hang their heads in shame for throwing away our jewel in the crown. If Billy hadn't got injured on the 1st day of the season we would not be in this mess.

Agree completely. I would have been happy to go down with SOD still at the helm. He was extremely unlucky with injuries and the injury to Billy against Brighton was the final kick in the teeth.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 31, 2011, 04:54:41 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=207232

Agree completely. I would have been happy to go down with SOD still at the helm. He was extremely unlucky with injuries and the injury to Billy against Brighton was the final kick in the teeth.

The number of posters on this forum who have said they would have been happy to go down with SOD amazes me.
Irrespective of who the Managers is/was how can any of you want to see our club relegated?

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 31, 2011, 05:01:49 pm by madmick50 »
Irrespective of who the Managers is/was how can any of you want to see our club relegated?

I don't/didn't want to be relegated. I don't think it was a foregone conclusion that we would have been relegated with SOD. He was sacked just as Billy was coming back. He could well have kept us up. All some of us are saying is that if the worst happened then we would still be loyal to SOD and would trust him to work the miracle again.

Marydene Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 31, 2011, 05:02:23 pm by Marydene Rover »
I didn't say I wanted to see Rovers relegated I said I appreciated SOD's qualities and if we had gone down under SOD we would have bounced straight back. As things stand I fear we will probably get relegated and the club will be left in a shambles. We have thrown away the best manager in my life time a decision that will haunt the club for years to come.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 31, 2011, 05:05:27 pm by Sprotyrover »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSA_sWGM44&feature=related

:P

TinyPortal © 2005-2012