Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:23:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mallik willks  (Read 8177 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Mallik willks
« Reply #30 on September 12, 2019, 10:27:27 pm by RoversAlias »
Some laughable opinions on Mallik here. I am convinced some people go to games and stare at the back wall or something based on their apparently informed views on the players.

Hes already halfway to that 150 league appearances, by the way.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 12, 2019, 11:14:10 pm by sha66y »
Yet another player hugely overrated by what appears to be a large proportion of our support although I'm not surprised really as he did run around occasionally and fluked the odd goal which makes him MOM material in most's eyes. The lad won't make 150 football league appearances! I was going to say 100 but he made a bit of a name for himself last year with us that should see at least a further 2 clubs prepared to take a punt on him after he leaves Barnsley.

Yet another hugely overrated opinion.....lol....just my opinion on your opinion

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 12, 2019, 11:15:45 pm by MachoMadness »
Yet another player hugely overrated by what appears to be a large proportion of our support although I'm not surprised really as he did run around occasionally and fluked the odd goal which makes him MOM material in most's eyes. The lad won't make 150 football league appearances! I was going to say 100 but he made a bit of a name for himself last year with us that should see at least a further 2 clubs prepared to take a punt on him after he leaves Barnsley.
Is this the guy who said Brian Stock couldn't pass a ball? I'd say it's a troll but you never know with Rovers fans.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 13, 2019, 01:47:43 pm by 5 on Tour »
Don’t feed the troll. Or get him wet. Bad stuff happens.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 13, 2019, 01:58:15 pm by anton123 »
The thing with Malik is u need to play 4-3-3- otherwise he is wasted

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 13, 2019, 04:51:10 pm by Jimmydee »
Knowing the Dingles track record they'll probably put him on the Liszt.
He’s a bit out of tune.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 13, 2019, 08:18:04 pm by RedJ »
Don’t feed the troll. Or get him wet. Bad stuff happens.

Maybe he's trolling because part of him never gets wet.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 13, 2019, 09:48:27 pm by jackthelad »
He did more good things than he did bad for us, players like Wilks will always frustrate at times and that's just because of how he plays.

When he turns up and drives at defenders he is a real nuisance though and he's clearly a big prospect.

The only way he won't make 150 appearances in the league is if he goes to prison in the summer, his talent if not will almost certainly mean he goes onto have a decent career.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 14, 2019, 09:45:42 am by Jim Dobbin »
I think your Barnsley mates might be in the minority, heard the complete opposite - Stendel even came out and thanked Barnsley fans for getting behind the young team even though it wasn't going for them on the radio. They've flogged £25m of young talent in  recent seasons - they'll know what they're doing with this lot it just takes time with a young team.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 14, 2019, 09:53:26 am by vaya »
I think your Barnsley mates might be in the minority, heard the complete opposite - Stendel even came out and thanked Barnsley fans for getting behind the young team even though it wasn't going for them on the radio. They've flogged £25m of young talent in  recent seasons - they'll know what they're doing with this lot it just takes time with a young team.

Jim, everyone realises you're a Barnsley fan. Just come out and say it, it's not illegal.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 14, 2019, 10:27:45 am by tyke1962 »
The whole squad is still adjusting to the higher level and the fact we have so many new recruits is a major factor .

I've seen enough of Mallik to know he's a very good player and will improve given time  , we've seen bits and bobs , he ran the Fulham defence ragged on the opening day of the season and I mean ragged , the lad was unplayable .

The vast majority of Tykes understand this given our model and its hardly the first time in recent years we've found ourselves watching a youthful new squad .

We weren't that great for the first half of last season with rather less new recruits but the difference was we ground out wins and kept ourselves in touch , we were 7th entering the first week of December and trailed leaders Pompey by 12 points , look how that finished up for them .

Long season and I feel we will improve as the season progresses , Cauley Woodrow's  absence through injury these last 3 games have been a massive loss and Mallik's missed him immensely , absolute quality is Woodrow .

Hopefully he's back tomorrow against those numb skulls from up the M1 .
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:30:07 am by tyke1962 »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 14, 2019, 10:32:34 am by GazLaz »
The think with Wilks is that he can be w bit one dimensional and if teams double up on him he doesn’t have a plan be. Hes only young though and he will learn. If he’s left one on one with defenders he will kill them. It’s his strength for such a young player that stands out to me.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 14, 2019, 10:57:25 am by tyke1962 »
The think with Wilks is that he can be w bit one dimensional and if teams double up on him he doesn’t have a plan be. Hes only young though and he will learn. If he’s left one on one with defenders he will kill them. It’s his strength for such a young player that stands out to me.

That's the thing that struck me when he made is debut against Fulham for us , his strength , the Fulham defenders were bouncing off him , in the second half they decided not to engage him physically and dropped off him where he either turned at will and popped it off or ran straight at them , their right back Christie had a nightmare against him ,  it was as good a debut I've seen and I've seen a few in over 50 years given it was his first start at this level and the quality of the opposition .

With his head right this lad will play in the PL , obviously not for us but he will go for seriously good money in the none too distant future .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 14, 2019, 11:37:41 am by Campsall rover »

That's the thing that struck me when he made is debut against Fulham for us , his strength , the Fulham defenders were bouncing off him , in the second half they decided not to engage him physically and dropped off him where he either turned at will and popped it off or ran straight at them , their right back Christie had a nightmare against him ,  it was as good a debut I've seen and I've seen a few in over 50 years given it was his first start at this level and the quality of the opposition .

With his head right this lad will play in the PL , obviously not for us but he will go for seriously good money in the none too distant future .
Tyke your someone who knows a talent when you see one.
Yes it’s up to Malik now as to how badly he wants to go to the top. Having a good coach will be crucial.
Think both Stendil and DM are or would be great for his development. Can we have him back?
Although we have 2 great talents on loan in Ennis & Sterling. So you can keep him.  ;)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 14, 2019, 12:02:19 pm by tyke1962 »

Tyke your someone who knows a talent when you see one.
Yes it’s up to Malik now as to how badly he wants to go to the top. Having a good coach will be crucial.
Think both Stendil and DM are or would be great for his development. Can we have him back?
Although we have 2 great talents on loan in Ennis & Sterling. So you can keep him.  ;)

In recent years I've seen Connor Hourihane , Alfie Mawson , Sam Winnall , James Bree and Sam Winnall lose 9 consecutive games in league one and a 10th in the FA cup at Altrincham .

They left my club for a combined fee of £18m , young players who improved over a 12 month period , they cost us £500k to acquire .

Mallik in my opinion will follow that route I feel .

Personally feel he's a snip a £1.2m .

Something to prove tomorrow lunchtime time against his former club , wouldn't surprise me to see him bang at it alongside Cauley Woodrow .

I'd pay good money for 3 points tomorrow against that lot I really would .

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 14, 2019, 12:23:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
He is a snip at £1.2m if he does not go to jail. If he does, you have probably just paid what amounts to among the most expensive loan fees ever paid by a Championship club.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 14, 2019, 01:20:14 pm by tyke1962 »
He is a snip at £1.2m if he does not go to jail. If he does, you have probably just paid what amounts to among the most expensive loan fees ever paid by a Championship club.

I think the club will have taken the due diligence when looking to sign the lad in all honesty .

I'm of the opinion that if the evidence was there to convict him then he'd be in Armley as of 18 months ago .

Seems to me the CPS haven't the solid evidence to be sure of winning the case .

Something may well change I fully appreciate that and I'm speculating here but some of Malliks acquaintances may be keeping their gobs shut with a code of silence and the CPS maybe hoping one of them cracks and playing for time .

If he is indeed found guilty I wouldn't want him here anyway but at this moment in time our justice system says he's not guilty .

I think that's important to point out , innocent till proven guilty and he's entitled to earn a living at the moment .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 14, 2019, 02:17:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Attention seeker

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 14, 2019, 02:46:16 pm by Campsall rover »

Attention seeker
Padge what are yo talking about? Please explain. That’s far too complicated for me.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 15, 2019, 09:43:31 pm by tyke1962 »
Mallik had a storming game today , decent performance by us against a very good Leeds team , disappointed in the result but encouraged by our performance .

Mallik was our best player today and caused Leeds all kinds of problems .

Just a slight concern about his decision making , went for goal when clear on the left when a pass to Luke Thomas would have given him a tap in and put us one up .

He'll learn ...... hopefully !!   :headbang:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on September 15, 2019, 10:00:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Mallik had a storming game today , decent performance by us against a very good Leeds team , disappointed in the result but encouraged by our performance .

Mallik was our best player today and caused Leeds all kinds of problems .

Just a slight concern about his decision making , went for goal when clear on the left when a pass to Luke Thomas would have given him a tap in and put us one up .

He'll learn ...... hopefully !!   :headbang:

That's Malik. Can make poor decisions and limited sometimes with him being so predominantly left footed. If his team mates don't know what he's going to do then the opposition certainly don't.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 15, 2019, 10:35:39 pm by jackthelad »
He looked dangerous today and when he got the ball and ran at the Leeds defence they struggled with him, had a decent opportunity to score which he made all by himself to be honest, although he probably should have squared it.

It's great to watch when young players like Malik drive at defences and have a go though. He was brilliant for us and got better as the season went on.

I was shocked that Leeds sold him, exciting prospect and I hope he goes on to have a good career.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012