Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:42:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Looking grim for Labour  (Read 102512 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Looking grim for Labour
« Reply #690 on May 08, 2015, 07:51:53 pm by hoolahoop »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/hours-after-the-election-the-dwp-says-is-looking-to-cut-a-disabled-access-to-work-scheme-10237191.html

So it begins...

That's why it needed diluting - many thanks to the people of the South - West who ensured that the Tories now can run the country without the checks and balances that the Lib/Dems supplied  :mad:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #691 on May 09, 2015, 12:53:00 am by hoolahoop »
Oh dear. Ipsos MORI had Labour 2 points ahead last week. They've now got the Tories ahead by 5 points! 35% to 30%.

I think we should beware of a single poll that shows a sudden shift like that. There will be plenty of other polls over the weekend so we can see if this represents the start of a trend.

I want Labour to win but have detected a significant shift to the Tories. For example UK Polling Report now has The Tories ahead in their poll of polls. This has only just happened. There have also been a spate of polls recently showing big Tory leads.

It is clear to me that the Tories are on the up and Labour are on the way down. Unfortunately Ed did very badly in the Question Time debate last night and Dave did much better. I think this is going to have a significant impact on the way the undecideds decide to vote.

I hope I'm wrong but after detailed analysis I still predict an overall Tory majority.

Bang on the money Mick and I hope you had some on the result ?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #692 on May 09, 2015, 08:13:45 am by IC1967 »
Oh dear. Ipsos MORI had Labour 2 points ahead last week. They've now got the Tories ahead by 5 points! 35% to 30%.

I think we should beware of a single poll that shows a sudden shift like that. There will be plenty of other polls over the weekend so we can see if this represents the start of a trend.

I want Labour to win but have detected a significant shift to the Tories. For example UK Polling Report now has The Tories ahead in their poll of polls. This has only just happened. There have also been a spate of polls recently showing big Tory leads.

It is clear to me that the Tories are on the up and Labour are on the way down. Unfortunately Ed did very badly in the Question Time debate last night and Dave did much better. I think this is going to have a significant impact on the way the undecideds decide to vote.

I hope I'm wrong but after detailed analysis I still predict an overall Tory majority.

I did. I made a fortune. I kept drip feeding money on this bet over many months. Regular readers of this forum will know I've been predicting a Tory majority for years. Unbelievably I managed to get 18/1 on the day of the election (I put £1000 on). (Labour were 80/1).

I could even have taken hundreds off silly Billy when he challenged me to a bet ages ago when Labour were miles ahead in the polls. I accepted his 'bet' then let him off when it transpired he wasn't betting at all. All he was going to do was divert some of his charitable givings if he lost.

Get in.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #693 on May 09, 2015, 10:49:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Hoola. Is this the same MadMick who has spent a month telling us there was going to be a hung parliament with the Tories 40 seats short of a majority and the outcome being a Labour/SNP Govt?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #694 on May 09, 2015, 01:00:32 pm by hoolahoop »

Hoola. Is this the same MadMick who has spent a month telling us there was going to be a hung parliament with the Tories 40 seats short of a majority and the outcome being a Labour/SNP Govt?

Tbf Billy his quote is from 1st May but I grant he suggested other alternatives. Yesterday was a bad bad result. It was caused by the rise of both UKIP (peddling anti- European / Immigration crap) And the SNP ( also peddling rubbish to the Scottish electorate) .
I was almost physically sick when I saw that slip of a lass unseating Douglas Alexander. My God  what a mess for the Union and for future dealings with Europe !!
However Cameron has got major problems on his hands and there isn't even an effective Opposition to cast their eye over future legislation.
Folk have to realise that we don't have "truly" poor people in this country anymore. Neither do we have far left or right parties. God help us all when they fiddle with the electoral boundary changes too.  :(

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #695 on May 09, 2015, 01:14:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hoola, stop massaging his ego. He makes "predictions" like a monkey w**king off over a typewriter. Some of them are bound to be right.

Months ago he was predicting that Jeremy Clarkson was going to stand against  Miliband. Then Farage was going to do so. And beat Miliband. And that UKIP were going to take tens off seats off Labour across the North. He predicted a Tory majority. Then a Tory minority Govt. Then a Labour minority Govt.

It's a personality defect. He hasn't got the first f**king idea what happens outside his bedroom, but he has a overwhelming need to be able to claim that he is right. So he spurts out predictions like a masturbating simian and when one comes up, he crows about his success.

What grown ups do is to try to assess how the future will work out. And when they get it wrong, like I did, badly, about this election outcome, they are man enough to put their hand up and admit it.

Stop helping him in his self-abuse and there's just the outside chance he might grow up.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #696 on May 09, 2015, 01:34:10 pm by hoolahoop »
I know where you are coming from and will bear your advice in mind. However on this occasion he WAS right. The failure of the party that I support makes me sick to my stomach... You must feel the same eh ?
Credit must go grudgingly to the Tory strategists who played with the electorate and their fears. I think that the electorate believed that William Wallace and his hordes were coming down south to rape and pillage :(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:38:42 pm by hoolahoop »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #697 on May 09, 2015, 01:44:22 pm by Filo »
I know where you are coming from and will bear your advice in mind. However on this occasion he WAS right. The failure of the party that I support makes me sick to my stomach... You must feel the same eh ?
Credit must go grudgingly to the Tory strategists who played with the electorate and their fears. I think that the electorate believed that William Wallace and his hordes were coming down south to rape and pillage :(

We need a modern day Duke of Cumberland to put down the Scottish Rebelion :)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #698 on May 09, 2015, 02:04:31 pm by hoolahoop »

We need a modern day Duke of Cumberland to put down the Scottish Rebelion :)

Haha just cut them adrift and stop subsidising them ...that will sort it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #700 on May 11, 2015, 09:42:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Gaz
Caps on individuals' funding, resulting in an overall cut in funding.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #701 on May 11, 2015, 11:17:23 am by IC1967 »
Gaz
Caps on individuals' funding, resulting in an overall cut in funding.

May I remind everyone we are still borrowing many billions to fund such schemes. We can't currently afford the level of welfare we've got. Tough decisions have to be made to get us living within our means. If we weren't paying so much in interest thanks to Labour then maybe this scheme would not have to be affected.

In future I'd be grateful if anyone that is going to complain about cuts could explain how they would avoid this. I do not want to hear the answer that we should just borrow more money or tax the rich more. WE are already borrowing far too much and the rich are already paying more than their fair share of tax. Taxing them more would be counter productive.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012