Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:28:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This last 3-4 weeks  (Read 1314 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
This last 3-4 weeks
« on April 24, 2024, 12:32:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
As the impossible turned into the inevitable it's been like being permanently drunk.

Tonight's match was weird. So much riding on it but I didn't at any time feel nervous, not even when they scored. Just a permanent, fuzzy feeling of unreality. Detached almost. Like you're watching something that simply cannot be happening.

I'm wondering what's the point in ever watching football after this. If we do get promotion, no set of football fans in the rest of recorded history will ever experience anything like this again.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 01:30:37 am by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: This last 3-4 weeks
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2024, 12:41:08 am by Pancho Regan »
As the impossible turned into the inevitable it's been like being permanently drunk.

Tonight's match was weird. So much riding on it but I didn't at any time feel nervous, not even when they scored. Just a permanent, fuzzy feeling of unreality. Detached almost. Like your watching something that simply cannot be happening.

I'm wondering what's the point in ever watching football after this. If we do get promotion, no set of football fans in the rest of recorded history will ever experience anything like this again.

I feel the same BST.

It's like I'm living in another universe.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2024, 12:50:07 am by roversdude »
I remember a few weeks ago all the permutations to reach the play offs what a team

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2024, 07:17:37 am by PDX_Rover »
It’s true. When they scored, I felt absolute confidence that the lads wouldn’t waver from the objective. Colchester played well first half but we just kept doing everything right. Absolutely relentless. Unbelievable work rate and discipline. And goals from all over.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 24, 2024, 07:32:24 am by colincramb »
Not wanting to be too critical (how can we be) but I thought it was a hard watch up to the 4th goal going in. I never felt comfortable until then. Was far from our best performance from over the past 6/7 weeks, but we got the job done. Which is all that matters.

Don’t even want to think about Saturday yet

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 24, 2024, 07:36:09 am by Alan Southstand »
I stopped watching the scores at half time! I shouldn’t have worried. I don’t want this to stop, it’s bloody marvellous.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2024, 07:37:41 am by Cramby10 »
Not wanting to be too critical (how can we be) but I thought it was a hard watch up to the 4th goal going in. I never felt comfortable until then. Was far from our best performance from over the past 6/7 weeks, but we got the job done. Which is all that matters.

Don’t even want to think about Saturday yet
I felt the same as this. Although I do say that I’m a natural pessimist. On last nights showing though, Colchester are anything but a bottom 3 side now the Cowleys have taken over. Our full backs were given a torrid time. Both wingers and their right back were superb going forward. Akinde unsettled us first half and their 13 was a handful too.
We withstood it though and came through the other side. The sign of a good team!!

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2024, 07:59:20 am by Ian Nimmo »
I totally agree Colchester were much better than I thought they would be, however their most recent games would indicate improvement.
James was given a torrid time throughout the game, so we have to give CU credit for that, not many have got the better of James this season.
Having said that it was a great performance from all the team, they certainly seem to have more energy these days! Certainly looks like it’s going to have to be a VERY GOOD team, to stop this team winning.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2024, 08:18:01 am by Ryaldinhio »
I thought it was an uncomfortable watch, for the majority of the game Colchester gave us a real hard time in first half, particularly our full backs. I think they tired and got a bit ragged where as we have started to grow into games and importantly our bench/subs make a difference when they come on.

Colchester only need a point but I can see them beating Crewe Saturday.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2024, 08:20:50 am by Butchers Red »
Right from the off last night they attacked us with purpose and looked a very good side indeed, plenty of pace down both flanks and an excellent midfielder linking it all, Akinde looking to cash in from plenty of excellent crosses left me wondering how they are bottom 3. The right winger caused Maxwell a few problems early on but once he got tighter that changed and he nullified him. Like other posters I never felt as though we were in trouble and the work rate and graft of Bailey and Craig wrested control in the middle and then we were away playing our relentless game.

9/10 performances all over the park from Rovers - special mention to Big Tom - simply awesome and his outpouring of emotion at his goal shows how much this man cares.

Dreamland becomes routine.....

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2024, 08:31:14 am by moses »

Tonight's match was weird. So much riding on it but I didn't at any time feel nervous, not even when they scored. Just a permanent, fuzzy feeling of unreality. Detached almost. Like you're watching something that simply cannot be happening.

Is this how Man City fans feel?
Is does not seem right.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2024, 08:36:48 am by drfcsteve »
It must be how Man City fans feel. At Barrow and last night, both times we were behind I thought “we’ll still win”. Can’t remember the last time I felt so confident in a rovers team.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 24, 2024, 10:29:18 am by Mike_F »
I agree with Butchers here. Particularly with regard to the contribution of Matty Craig. He was everywhere last night, helping Maxwell to double up on that dangerous right winger one minute then playing a triangle with Sterry and Molyneux on the right the next. He's going to be quite a player.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 24, 2024, 03:20:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Is does not seem right.

That's nailed it.

I didn't at any time last night think we were coming out with less than a 2 goal win.

Weirdly almost dull.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 24, 2024, 03:49:44 pm by roversdude »
There didn’t seem to be any disappointment in our end when they scored there just seemed confidence that we would get back into it.
Toughest game Maxwell has had in a while but in the end game through it

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 24, 2024, 03:52:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
Thought they really pushed us for good parts of last night. We deserved 4-1 but the game was a lot closer than that for much of the night.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 24, 2024, 03:53:39 pm by DMnumber4 »
Colchester's last 8 home games (prior to last night): W2 D4 L2

The two losses were against Stockport & Wrexham. Definitely no pushovers.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 24, 2024, 03:56:00 pm by pib »

Is does not seem right.

That's nailed it.

I didn't at any time last night think we were coming out with less than a 2 goal win.

Weirdly almost dull.

If it's any consolation, I'm sure we'll be absolute dog shit again at some point in the next few years.

streathamdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 24, 2024, 04:53:28 pm by streathamdave »
10 more wins away from being top of League 1 LOL

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 24, 2024, 05:17:53 pm by Campsall rover »

Is does not seem right.

That's nailed it.

Weirdly almost dull.

If it's any consolation, I'm sure we'll be absolute dog shit again at some point in the next few years.
Yes but only for one game very occasionally
Not 2 full seasons and a bit more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012