Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:17:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCann  (Read 7737 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
McCann
« on February 20, 2021, 05:41:04 pm by Filo »
What a whinging arsehole he is, I’m glad John Oster t**tted him at Glandford Park all those years ago

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: McCann
« Reply #1 on February 20, 2021, 05:49:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He's venomous.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 20, 2021, 05:53:30 pm by jmt23 »
Did he walk on at the end to give the ref a bollocking, or £100. How we never got them penalties in todays game I will never know. The Lino should have spotted them too.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 20, 2021, 05:53:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
Never liked him, even though he had us playing when he was here (largely, thanks to Wilks and Kane). Hope they miss out on promotion and sack him.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 20, 2021, 06:01:08 pm by Butchers Red »
I see the Hull fans can't decided whether to call him McCant or McKitsont !! :crying:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 07:35:42 pm by Butchers Red »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 20, 2021, 06:50:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I liked him and thought he did a great job.  Still think he was stupid to leave us though and listening to those who've been on commentary players don't seem to have much time for him.

What struck me is how much squad change we've had since he left.  Not one player playing today started the last game McCann was in charge of.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 20, 2021, 06:53:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's a man under pressure.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p097llww

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 20, 2021, 06:57:53 pm by EasyforDennis »
Did he walk on at the end to give the ref a bollocking, or £100. How we never got them penalties in todays game I will never know. The Lino should have spotted them too.

The same useless linesman who gave the free kick (which wasn't) for their first goal

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 20, 2021, 07:02:19 pm by Donnywolf »
He Adder great opportunity to do us and didnt - he will Serpently be mad tonight.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 20, 2021, 07:03:47 pm by Campsall rover »
He is right it was not a penalty but we should have had 2 more for handballs. Both blatant. Of course he did not see them did he. Surprise surprise, shock horror.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 20, 2021, 07:04:22 pm by Filo »

Don’t know what he was watching, but it wasn’t the game, basically he’s saying every free kick we got wasn’t a foul and every contact  their players felt was a foul, says wilkes was in front of sims for the pen, whe he wasn’t, says our bench was shouting for a pen everytime the ball went into the box, f**king tosser, glad we are rid of him

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 20, 2021, 07:06:49 pm by Campsall rover »

The same useless linesman who gave the free kick (which wasn't) for their first goal
If that was a free kick then I don’t understand the rules of Association Football. Embarrassing.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 20, 2021, 07:21:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Who'd have thought it? They kick and block and push us a lot and we get a lot of free kicks.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 20, 2021, 07:25:18 pm by glosterred »
Managers sure do have selective vision when it comes to penalties don’t they

COYR

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 20, 2021, 07:27:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Who'd have thought it? They kick and block and push us a lot and we get a lot of free kicks.
There was hardly a real free kick in the match BST.

Are you not allowed to go within 1 foot of an opposing player in the modern game.

He gave everything to us 2nd half except 2 massive penalty decisions. 1st half he gave everything to Hull
Don’t think he got 10% of his decisions correct in the entire game.
Appalling absolutely incompetent and I am getting fed up of saying the same thing match after match.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 20, 2021, 08:06:19 pm by jmt23 »
He was a very poor ref, or just having an off game. The free kicks for both teams were in the main silly.
Hull got what they deserved, they had a plan to get the ball in the box, as soon as possible in the first half. Why as a team would you not put one more cross in the box, or even try. They just tried to slow time us and con the ref, for the second half.

I said it in the first game against them, they are not a good team - they seem bang average, obviously the league doesn't lie, be interesting to see where we both are at the end of the season - at this point im not sure

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 20, 2021, 08:18:06 pm by Bessie Red »
What a whinging arsehole he is, I’m glad John Oster t**tted him at Glandford Park all those years ago
Compare his interview with Copps', such a stark contrast in class between the two. One a snake & one a true gentleman!!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 20, 2021, 08:40:00 pm by Jonathan »

The interviewer sounds like a bit of a bell end to be fair.

I like McCann (other than for the way he left us) he reinvigorated the club, had us playing some really exciting football and gave us one of the best nights I’ve had supporting the club (at Charlton). Football’s football and we move on.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 20, 2021, 08:46:07 pm by drfchound »
I have only seen it once but to me the pen we got was a pen all day long.
Wilks was never in front of Sims and he got his arm into his back to knock him off balance.
A clear pen.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:06:26 pm by drfchound »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 20, 2021, 08:47:05 pm by Dagenham Rover »

I like McCann (other than for the way he left us) he reinvigorated the club, had us playing some really exciting football and gave us one of the best nights I’ve had supporting the club (at Charlton). Football’s football and we move on.

Thats Burnsy  does a morning show on Radio Humberside as well as the sports stuff on there, tells it how it is normally and not afraid to ask questions a lot wouldn't   If I'm out working that way on a morning I tend to listen to him

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 20, 2021, 08:48:48 pm by Filo »

Thats Burnsy  does a morning show on Radio Humberside as well as the sports stuff on there, tells it how it is normally and not afraid to ask questions a lot wouldn't   If I'm out working that way on a morning I tend to listen to him

Theres a great on from last season after Wigan thrashed them, Burnsy ripped into the snake, virtually telling him to resign

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 20, 2021, 09:03:18 pm by mushRTID »
McCann getting rattled that there was lots of shouting from the stand behind the dugouts

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 20, 2021, 09:08:27 pm by PDX_Rover »
They were lucky today. He knows it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 20, 2021, 09:10:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
McCann: "We have am iPad and we can rewind and look at incidents and there's no way that is a penalty."

Interviewer: There were a couple of strong shouts for handball in the area.

McCann: "I'd...I'd need to go and look at those again."

Like I said. Sounding like a man under pressure.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 20, 2021, 09:11:30 pm by drfchound »
Maybe his iPad buffered on the two handball shouts.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 20, 2021, 09:11:57 pm by glosterred »
McCann getting rattled that there was lots of shouting from the stand behind the dugouts

Good job for him then that there wasn’t a crowd in the KMS today. Had there been?

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 20, 2021, 09:13:55 pm by Filo »
Maybe his iPad buffered on the two handball shouts.

Must have buffered on the pen as well because he thinks Wilks was in front of Simms

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 20, 2021, 09:15:16 pm by ridgewoodrover »
As good a manager as McCann is , I’m glad we’ve got the gentleman who replaced him representing the club now.
Darren Moore knows how to win and how to take disappointment.
I know we didn’t win today, just felt like a win.
In hindsight I think he did us a big big favour leaving us when he did.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 20, 2021, 09:28:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Theres a great on from last season after Wigan thrashed them, Burnsy ripped into the snake, virtually telling him to resign

I heard that one as well to be honest it was brilliant  I'm sort of out that way on Monday might just put Radio Humberside on from about 10 :)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 20, 2021, 11:46:47 pm by Lesonthewest »
The guy is limited as a manager,  he had us on the ropes at half time, but got his tactics badly wrong 2nd half. Sat back & invited us on, let Bostock control midfield, while his 2 goal striker was spent on 60 minutes giving us an easy ride out of defence. Yes we were excellent 2nd half, but our mister McCann helped us bless him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012