Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:51:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCann  (Read 7746 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: McCann
« Reply #30 on February 20, 2021, 11:51:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Both matches against Hull, they have physically collapsed in the last 30 mins. Not just  individuals, but the whole side has gone deeper and deeper and looked off the pace. Granted they scored a late winner at their place after chucking on s £1m striker, but that was pretty much their only attack of note in the last half hour. Same again today. The territorial stats for the second half must have made frightening reading.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 21, 2021, 12:20:44 am by 5 on Tour »
When he was hear we loved him and thought he was building something great. He gave us a great season that ended with a wonderful night at Charlton. Maybe we were looking at him with rose tinted glasses.

He left us in a truly disgusting manner which a person could only be capable of if they are incredibly self centred and arrogant.

All managers are one sided in views and they have to be to appease fans/board/press etc... but the more time McCann spends at Hull the more he is coming across as a complete and utter asshole. He’s obviously under pressure but the sh!te that comes out of his mouth is just plain ridiculous.

That interview tonight after the game was a joke. What handballs? I didn’t see any handballs? Are you sure? Well the people in the ground were making noise and the ref bought it! You got booked for spouting off loudly enough for the ref to hear you from the other side of the pitch! P R I C K

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 21, 2021, 12:58:34 am by donnievic »
Managers sure do have selective vision when it comes to penalties don’t they

COYR
samething could be said of sum of our fans on here at times,it’s those rose tinted glasses I think

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 21, 2021, 01:05:26 am by tyke1962 »
Well I get the vitriol towards McCann and the way that played out I really do .

The level your club aspires to reach makes McCann look positively Corinthian .

Wake up guys .

The days of SOD 's pure football have their place but it's a different ball game now in the championship .

Seen this shyte with my own eyes last season and this .

The biggest compliment I can give Wycombe Wanderers is they are possibly the worst championship team I've ever seen but they've got the points they've got because they are a bunch of shytehouses .

The Corinthian spirit up from league one will get eaten alive in the championship .

McCann may well get Hull back up and he's possibly the smarts to keep em in the championship .

It is what it is .

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 21, 2021, 01:09:10 am by BobG »
That is such a depressing thought Tyke.... I think you're right, but that don't make it any the less depressing....

BobG

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 21, 2021, 01:25:13 am by tyke1962 »
That is such a depressing thought Tyke.... I think you're right, but that don't make it any the less depressing....

BobG

Bob .

We are having a good season , is it like Watching Brazil no it isn't , to say the least .

It's attritional football and turning games in to a fight which we are very good at winning .

However that's the road map to kick on at this level with the lesser budget .

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 21, 2021, 01:40:09 am by BobG »
And it makes me wonder of professional football at that level is actually going to be worth bothering with tbh. I see football as something with artistry and skill and valour. Not as something akin to trench warfare. Despite my parochial partisanship I dont want to watch that sort of stuff. It is utterly, utterly depressing.

Yet another ill to lay at the door of Sky tv and that arsehole Murdoch.

BobG

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 21, 2021, 09:33:32 am by i_ateallthepies »
Who'd have thought it? They kick and block and push us a lot and we get a lot of free kicks.

He gave everything to us 2nd half except 2 massive penalty decisions. 1st half he gave everything to Hull

Campsall, It usually follows that the team out of possession and doing all the defending will be the one committing the fouls.  Don't you think your above statement is a reflection of exactly that rather than incompetence of the referee?

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 21, 2021, 09:49:03 am by chrisd_123 »
And it makes me wonder of professional football at that level is actually going to be worth bothering with tbh. I see football as something with artistry and skill and valour. Not as something akin to trench warfare. Despite my parochial partisanship I dont want to watch that sort of stuff. It is utterly, utterly depressing.

BobG

I agree with both points. There’s room for both great football and what Tyke is saying too.

That’s the one thing I do miss about McCann at Rovers. At times we played some good football and that’s gone up a level at times under Moore. What I feel we’re just lacking at the minute is that one or two players to shithouse teams. A Wilks, Marquis, Kane, Rowe - they just had that “love them in your team, hate them for the opposition” feel about them. And there is something artistic about that.

For me we need a level of both. Perfect example yesterday was when the Hull player was down early on and Moore told us to stop playing. GM would have told us to play of (Sadlier v Peterborough for example). Moore is clearly a great guy but just sometimes wish he’d get a ruthless side to him to kill teams off rather than trying to be the nice guy all the time.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 21, 2021, 09:53:44 am by Campsall rover »
Who'd have thought it? They kick and block and push us a lot and we get a lot of free kicks.

He gave everything to us 2nd half except 2 massive penalty decisions. 1st half he gave everything to Hull

No not yesterday I don’t. The ref was clueless.  Most of them do not understand what a foul is or isn’t.

Campsall, It usually follows that the team out of possession and doing all the defending will be the one committing the fouls.  Don't you think your above statement is a reflection of exactly that rather than incompetence of the referee?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 21, 2021, 09:56:40 am by Filo »

BobG

I agree with both points. There’s room for both great football and what Tyke is saying too.

That’s the one thing I do miss about McCann at Rovers. At times we played some good football and that’s gone up a level at times under Moore. What I feel we’re just lacking at the minute is that one or two players to shithouse teams. A Wilks, Marquis, Kane, Rowe - they just had that “love them in your team, hate them for the opposition” feel about them. And there is something artistic about that.

For me we need a level of both. Perfect example yesterday was when the Hull player was down early on and Moore told us to stop playing. GM would have told us to play of (Sadlier v Peterborough for example). Moore is clearly a great guy but just sometimes wish he’d get a ruthless side to him to kill teams off rather than trying to be the nice guy all the time.

And later in the game when the ref told their player to go off for treatment McCann told the player to go down so they could get the sub ready, DM should have been into him reminding him of what we did earlier in the game. McCann only cares about himself, he didn’t care about Doncaster Rovers and he doesn’t care about Hull City, he was a nasty t**t as a player and he’s a nasty t**t as a manager!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 21, 2021, 10:01:55 am by roversdude »
So was McCann trying to say that there were people in the stand who shouldn’t have been there ? As mentioned earlier the ref managed to hear the snake gobbing off so the noise was probably Danny wearing his heart on his sleeve.
We did have a decent season whilst he was here but the best thing he did (in hindsight) was leave

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 21, 2021, 10:07:57 am by roversdude »
Filo I’ve just listened to the interview and he’s lost it. Going on about the player who had a groin injury and the ref making him walk off. FFS it’s not like he’d have gone on a stretcher, agree he was trying to buy time but hearing McCanns comments it’s like the ref has caused him irreparable damage

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 21, 2021, 10:13:26 am by Filo »
Filo I’ve just listened to the interview and he’s lost it. Going on about the player who had a groin injury and the ref making him walk off. FFS it’s not like he’d have gone on a stretcher, agree he was trying to buy time but hearing McCanns comments it’s like the ref has caused him irreparable damage

The interview contained every excuse that popped into his head as to why the lost a 3-1 lead, he even alluded that the players didn’t play to his half time instructions and sat back, anyone who watched it knows that they sat back because of his instructions, Wilks was moved more central as a lone striker, thats the reason he was spent after an hour, and he goes and blames his players for that, I bet he hates the Burnsy interviews

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 21, 2021, 10:33:07 am by roversdude »
The interviewer definitely doesn’t seem to like him, his whole tone was off it

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 21, 2021, 11:08:46 am by MachoMadness »
Rightly or wrongly McCann is seen as the Allams yes man. And the Allams have spent years waging a war with the local media over there. It's hardly surprising that these interviews seem so toxic and aggressive, it reflects the atmosphere at the club.

It isn't half funny though!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 21, 2021, 11:14:43 am by Janso »
So was McCann trying to say that there were people in the stand who shouldn’t have been there ? As mentioned earlier the ref managed to hear the snake gobbing off so the noise was probably Danny wearing his heart on his sleeve.
We did have a decent season whilst he was here but the best thing he did (in hindsight) was leave

Probably Amos and the subs "bench" celebrating behind him and he didn't like it.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 21, 2021, 11:15:30 am by tyke1962 »

BobG

Brentford are probably one of the most easy on the eye teams in the Championship but even they put it about .

Last Sunday's game against ourselves brought that home , how Toney stayed on the field was a mystery and the lad Dasilva is a real nasty piece of work for all his talent .

You've to earn the right physically to play your football against the Cardiff's , Millwall , Boro , Preston and Birmingham etc because these are the games you need to be picking up points from to survive in this mental league .

I've seen the transformation from Daniel Stendel's young green horned group up from league one thinking they could football their way to results and they were eaten alive .

This lot of ours today are  big , strong and physical , it's not the greatest football I've ever seen but it ain't half effective and comes in on budget .

They can play don't get me wrong but the physical side has to be won first and foremost before the game opens up .

It has to be this way because there's very little between the sides in the championship as the results confirm every week .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 21, 2021, 12:40:52 pm by Donnywolf »

Probably Amos and the subs "bench" celebrating behind him and he didn't like it.

I am sure he would have been celebrating wildly had his Team hung on - including towwards the Camera where he knew we would all be

Fortunately we didnt get to find out for sure as they did what teams with a lead seem to do drop deeper and deeper until the Ref gives his 1000th free kick (of the game) for a nowt offence and (watch this McCann) bang top corner or more pedantically the top of the top corner.

Cue wild celebrations for half of the people watching in Ifollow - and the Players Staff et al of Doncaster Rovers

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 22, 2021, 03:12:27 am by PDX_Rover »
Just saw McCann on Quest saying they didn’t get the rub of the green from the ref.

Pathetic really.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 22, 2021, 07:44:25 am by Filo »
Just saw McCann on Quest saying they didn’t get the rub of the green from the ref.

Pathetic really.

His players rubbed the ball plenty of times with their hands

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 22, 2021, 07:59:49 am by Donnywolf »

Pathetic really.

Pathethic given we think we should have had 2 or 3 Penalties. 2 of them were Penalties for sure and were not given

The Ref gave Hull a soft Free Kick that immediately led to a goal to them and I was not too sure about the foul given for our equaliser

Those 2 were amongst a number of soft fouls given for and against both sides

If the Ref sees them as fouls then he should act on totting up but one Hull player despite being talked at by the Ref after about 20 minutes then did an equal if not more serious "one for the Team / break up play" - you know the kind and was not Carded

He went on to be a serial fouler and yet did not see a Yellow Card till round the 80th minute

So I agree the Ref was rubbish - and I marked him 0 on rate the Ref with only 60 minutes on the Clock but do I think Hull got the worst of his judgements ? Absolutely NO WAY

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 22, 2021, 08:41:43 am by RugbyRover »
Well someone speaks highly of McCann:

"He’s absolutely top man and I get on really well with him and respect him as a man and a manager and what he’s doing at Hull"

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 22, 2021, 05:21:59 pm by PDX_Rover »

"He’s absolutely top man and I get on really well with him and respect him as a man and a manager and what he’s doing at Hull"

That quote is from a Mr. G McCann, of County Armagh.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 22, 2021, 05:38:44 pm by drfchound »
How strange

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 22, 2021, 08:32:33 pm by RugbyRover »

That quote is from a Mr. G McCann, of County Armagh.

Good try,but its our very own James Coppinger.................which surprised me greatly

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 22, 2021, 08:42:11 pm by redwine »
Perhaps, just perhaps, JC is taking the proverbial.

CoppsChop

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 22, 2021, 08:44:58 pm by CoppsChop »
Or maybe he has respect for the person who was his manager when we nearly reached Wembley and who played him far more than the next manager to come along.

Just because fans have decided Mcanns departure leaves a sour taste doesn’t mean the players and staff he worked with didn’t like him.

Same with Fergie, the players absolutely loved him.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 22, 2021, 08:49:02 pm by scawsby steve »

I don't think so. Copps is not only a fantastic footballer, he's a fantastic human being as well. I doubt if he'll have a bad word for anybody.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 22, 2021, 08:52:53 pm by redwine »

I don't think so. Copps is not only a fantastic footballer, he's a fantastic human being as well. I doubt if he'll have a bad word for anybody.

You make him sound like Mary Poppins.

:lol: :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012