Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 07:52:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Norwich City v Doncaster Rovers, a statement  (Read 2151 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Norwich City v Doncaster Rovers, a statement
« on November 01, 2011, 02:51:44 pm by silent majority »
\"Together with Amanda Jacks, caseworker for the FSF and my fellow supporter, Tom Biltcliffe I attended a meeting at Norwich City to discuss the stewarding at our fixture there last season. In attendance from the club was Chris Bailey their Head of Stadium Operations and Supporter Services and Andy Batley Stadium Safety and Security Manager.

CCTV of the incident towards the end of the match was shown to us and in turn we shared footage recorded by a supporter on his mobile phone. It is fair to say that there was some heated debate on the incident with both sides, understandably, defending those they represent. It was though, very helpful to understand the club's perspective on supporter behaviour throughout the evening and we can see that that contributed to the stewards actions. On some areas, we simply had to agree to disagree but Chris and Andy did acknowledge that lessons were learned from the incident and with hindsight they would have handled it differently. There was also an acknowledgement from Chris - who to be fair was just in his post at the time of the match - that some of the correspondence was not handled as well as it could have been.  Going forward, they would ensure they followed procedures laid down in the club charter.  

Ultimately, it was a very helpful meeting and we're grateful that we were given the opportunity to discuss the matter personally. While the outcome wasn't exactly what we'd hoped for, as a result of the meeting we're confident of good ongoing relationship with the club that can only benefit supporters and we’re thankful to Chris and Andy for their time\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: Norwich City v Doncaster Rovers, a statement
« Reply #1 on November 01, 2011, 05:22:30 pm by benaldo »
So, to sum up, you had a meeting with some people, watched some cctv, then nothing happened....

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 01, 2011, 05:27:22 pm by glosterred »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=196000
So, to sum up, you had a meeting with some people, watched some cctv, then nothing happened....

You forget that it has taken months for nothing to happen

:scarf:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 01, 2011, 05:37:15 pm by silent majority »

Apart from the acknowledgement and apology that they got it wrong on the night. Apart from the admittance that they will do it different in future, apart from their commitment that they will stick to their club charter in future and apart from all this being lodged with he Football League then maybe you are right.

We had other options, but when the supporters who claimed on the night that they got punched by stewards don't come forward, don't provide you with the information you need then it doesn't help me or the Police when trying to ascertain who was to blame.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 01, 2011, 06:28:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
Good point SM.  People should have the courage of their convictions.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 01, 2011, 09:20:42 pm by not on facebook »

at least the fella is trying to get over some of the rovers fans points of view,if the stewards think twice next time they feal the need to go in heavy handed job well done.

other option was to sit on his hands and n'owt happen at all.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 02, 2011, 12:52:27 am by Mr1Croft »
I for one welcome what has happened.

I have openly admitted on here (and will do so again) that I was in the wrong at that game and accept some responsibility. I think it has helped me grow as an individual and lessons were learned. When telling Silent Majority what happened from my perspective I wasn't expecting for flowers of apology from Norwich, but if it will stop others being treated the same in the future then for me that is progress.

Well done Martin and co.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012