Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:20:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stats From Tonight  (Read 987 times)

madmick50

• Forum Member
Stats From Tonight
« on November 01, 2011, 10:09:14 pm by madmick50 »
Possession 56% Middlesborough 44% Rovers
Shots on target 7 Middlesborough 3 Rovers

I thought we were supposed to be the home side. These stats make very bad reading when you consider the following state of affairs before tonight's game:

'Middlesbrough, 3-0 victims of high flying Southampton on Saturday, have only won one of their last seven league outings.

Tony Mowbray's side have not scored an away league goal in their three matches since the 1-0 win over Crystal Palace on 17 September'.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Stats From Tonight
« Reply #1 on November 01, 2011, 10:16:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
3rd against last.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 01, 2011, 10:20:43 pm by MiKA »
.... and against the worst goalie in the Championship   :dry:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 01, 2011, 10:28:22 pm by Wellred »
He was at fault for the first 2 goals but it Gillet who gave the ball away for the first and Friend gave him no help for he second.
Friend had a nightmare tonight he was garbage at full back and even worse when he moved to midfield.
Don't get me started on the ref. has this man ever done us any favours. Tidal ref giving the big team all the decisions, even a penalty after the ball had gone over the line for a goal kick.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 01, 2011, 10:38:07 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=196129
He was at fault for the first 2 goals but it Gillet who gave the ball away for the first and Friend gave him no help for he second.
Friend had a nightmare tonight he was garbage at full back and even worse when he moved to midfield.
Don't get me started on the ref. has this man ever done us any favours. Tidal ref giving the big team all the decisions, even a penalty after the ball had gone over the line for a goal kick.

I'd go further back on the first and question Hayter too, his hold up play was woeful.

The players are going to cop most of the blame in my eyes tonight. Its sad that even though some have done so well in the past but if 7 or 8 of them were shipped out tomorrow I wouldn't bat an eyelid. No cohesion again which is a management development issue but individually there was some real shite on show tonight. The amount of times Middlesbrough moved the ball 60/70 yards without coming under any real pressure was embarrasing.

I've questioned some of the coaching aspects of the current management team but its becoming apparent the current squad is a million miles away from what DS wants and if he wants to bring new faces in then he better do it fast as some surprising results tonight have seen the gap widen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012