Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:24:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stats  (Read 4741 times)

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
Stats
« on November 03, 2011, 12:01:07 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Right I've got some figures together comparing the 2008/2009 season and this season to this date of the year.
It's quite suprising how similar they are.

2008/2009 season
9 Points and bottom of the league

Played -15
Won -2
Draws -3
Lost -10
Scored -7
Conceded -22

This season
9 Points and bottom of the league

Played 15
Won -2
Draws -3
Lost -10
Scored -10
Conceded -26

It's not all doom and gloom.

In the 2008/2009 season we picked up 58 points at the end of the season meaning we got 49 points out of 31 games.
It took us 13 games after the 15th game (against swansea 0-0)to get out of the relagation zone.
Out of those 13 games we won 6, got 3 draws and lost 4 times.

So why people are saying we're going down is beyond me. There is still 31 games to play and 93 points to be won.
We will be safe with another 41 points atleast.
Usually were either shite up until christmas and do well after, or we do well up until christmas and fade away afterwards.
I expect this season to be similar.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
Re: Stats
« Reply #1 on November 03, 2011, 12:27:18 pm by inSODwetrust »
We had a better manager then!

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 03, 2011, 01:12:15 pm by Bald Rover »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=196616

zZzZzzzzzz:dry: :whistle:

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 03, 2011, 01:21:50 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"Bald Rover\" post=196630

I think it's a fair answer to the question.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 03, 2011, 01:26:30 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=196633
Quote from: \"Bald Rover\" post=196630

I think it's a fair answer to the question.

Certainly no worse anyway ;)

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 03, 2011, 01:37:34 pm by Bald Rover »
I was a SOD fan! I to the day he left was still defending his tactics etc and telling people that we wouldnt dismiss him......we did!

At the time we dismissed him I expressed my fears ....then I started supporting our NEW manager!
You cannot compare the two they are two different people Saunders has said he doesnt know who his best 11 are and we are in transition, SOD was pants in the beginning and not many \"fancied\" what he was doing, Im just getting bored of the Saunders/JR/Board bashers give them a chance they are trying something unique, As a season ticket holder i face not losing but maybe being disgruntled at possibly having a poor season, JR and the board are losing millions and I doubt they will do something they believe would jeopodise this club!

can we remember what SoD did and then look forward not keep comparing!

I remember when Dave Penny was king! and Ian Snodin.... apparently we once had a King Billy Bremner.....just a thought!:scarf:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 03, 2011, 02:20:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
The stats may be similar, the situation though is much more different. In 2008/9 we had a settled club, a settled side and were generally playing very well but finding it hard to get over the line. We have this season been through all kinds of turmoil (SOD leaving, massive upheaval with McKay, heaps of new, 'stars' coming into the team, brand new manager) and as a result we have, largely, been playing absolute crap.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 03, 2011, 03:59:33 pm by madmick50 »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=196645
The stats may be similar, the situation though is much more different. In 2008/9 we had a settled club, a settled side and were generally playing very well but finding it hard to get over the line. We have this season been through all kinds of turmoil (SOD leaving, massive upheaval with McKay, heaps of new, 'stars' coming into the team, brand new manager) and as a result we have, largely, been playing absolute crap.

You've hit the nail on the head. We're going down and people need to get used to it. There isn't enough time for the miracle to be worked as the current strategy is totally flawed.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 03, 2011, 04:46:58 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=196673

You've hit the nail on the head. We're going down and people need to get used to it. There isn't enough time for the miracle to be worked as the current strategy is totally flawed.

I disagree, although no one can actually prove if we are going down or not until the table says so.
I posted that to show that its not all doom and gloom and there is still light at the end of the tunnel.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 03, 2011, 05:02:10 pm by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=196680
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=196673

I disagree, although no one can actually prove if we are going down or not until the table says so.
I posted that to show that its not all doom and gloom and there is still light at the end of the tunnel.

Heaps of new stars? what all 3 of them.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 03, 2011, 06:39:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Whilst we're kicking a football then there's hope. Even if relegation beckons we live to fight another day.

The concerns are that we get the infrastructure right on and off the pitch so we don't achieve the double dip, as happened before with ourselves, and with other clubs.

Once relegated from this level in the late 50's we slipped back to the fourth division in quick succession. May other clubs have done the same. As gutting as it is to be relegated we have to remind ourselves it's not the end of the world and we still have a team to support. We may be reunited with clubs who we had to dream long and hard about playing not so long ago.

What motivates us to turn out week in week out, irrespective of the division we're playing in, is watching your team competing and trying to develop whilst getting value for money.

Once the doom mongers (or realists) have had their 'told you so' moment, what then?

Be prepared but don't give up !!

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 04, 2011, 10:38:14 am by Jim Dobbin »
In 2008/2009 Rovers won 13 out of their last 22 games, gaining 40 points, that amounts to a 83 point season - automatic promotion form.

Do you really think that form could happen again? get real, it was a one off.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 04, 2011, 11:45:57 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"Jim Dobbin\" post=196783
In 2008/2009 Rovers won 13 out of their last 22 games, gaining 40 points, that amounts to a 83 point season - automatic promotion form.

Do you really think that form could happen again? get real, it was a one off.

We have 31 games left so 13 wins is more realistic than 13 out of 22, let Dean sort the squad out with time and i'm confindent we'll stay up, if we can get in more players of Diouf's quality then we'll be laughing.     :boxing:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 04, 2011, 11:58:07 am by DearneValleyRover »
All these people on here that know we are to be relegated in May for certain and that the policy adopted by the board is going to be a failure, it's about time you bought your Lottery Tickets then seeing how you can see the future. With the millions you would then win you could approach JR and help him out with the wage bill so that we can sign those players that would stave off relegation, being as you can see the future you already know who those players are. :chair:

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 04, 2011, 12:18:33 pm by rtid88 »
Some of the so called fans on here are really pathetic!! Give Saunders a F@cking chance for gods sake!! Why is he not a better manager the SOD?? What facts have you got to prove that?? Why are we definitely going to be relegated??

Stop moaning and start supporting your bloody team for gods sake!!

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 04, 2011, 12:51:35 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=196804
Some of the so called fans on here are really pathetic!! Give Saunders a F@cking chance for gods sake!! Why is he not a better manager the SOD?? What facts have you got to prove that?? Why are we definitely going to be relegated??

Stop moaning and start supporting your bloody team for gods sake!!

Dave Penney had and still has a better manager than Saunders!

I read an article on Saunders the other day (think it was on DROS)and he said \"I'm not scared of managing Diouf\", well done you bellend, its your job not to be!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 04, 2011, 01:34:33 pm by rtid88 »
WTF!!!! :facepalm:
If that's the case why don't u go and support the team that Dave Penney is managing.... Ooo wait a minute right he is not in a job at the minute cause he has made a balls up of his last 3 jobs!!!

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 04, 2011, 02:03:57 pm by prince »
In 2008 we didn't deserve to be bottom of the league. We do this season.

It's also a much stronger league this time.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 04, 2011, 02:26:19 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=196849
WTF!!!! :facepalm:
If that's the case why don't u go and support the team that Dave Penney is managing.... Ooo wait a minute right he is not in a job at the minute cause he has made a balls up of his last 3 jobs!!!

Did exceptionally well at Darlington actually, very unlucky not to gain promotion with them! :byebye

Dean Saunders has brought nothing to the club as of yet, except 3 black men! As for Brian Carey, he is non-existant on the touch-line, and to say he was a defender in his playing days, why are we conceding too many goals!?

Also why didn't we go through an interview process for Saunders, or is just how our club is run now?

WILLIE McKAY'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 04, 2011, 02:46:22 pm by dickos1 »
Think that last post Just shows that u really Havent a clue what your talking about and nothing you have bothered to write deserves a response it's all laughable. And ur either just trying to wind people up or your just a bit simple..

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 04, 2011, 02:58:08 pm by rtid88 »
:zzz:

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 04, 2011, 03:38:49 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=196869
:zzz:

Tired from w**king over Saunders??

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 04, 2011, 03:58:50 pm by rtid88 »
Shouldnt you be doing your homework???

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 04, 2011, 04:41:18 pm by benaldo »
For the sake of repeating the obvious.....

What the hell is wrong with supporting what JR, Saunders, and Rovers are trying to do?? I just don't get it. Everyone is, of course, more than entitled to their opinions, like who's a good player, if the formations are good, the state of the burgers, but I don't get why people can't support a new regime?

We have some excellent new players in Chimbonda, Illunga and Diouf, new hope, a model to do things differently and one which gives hope, yet some people can't just trust JR!! It's bloody weird. And a little disrespectful considering the way in which John Ryan has saved the life of this club!

Stat all you like, but at the end of it all, you either support Rovers right now or you don't.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 04, 2011, 05:16:53 pm by drfcsteve »
Dave Penney - 447 games managed (less than 100 in the Conference).

Dean Saunders - 155 games managed - all in the Conference.

Surely Penney would have been the better option? O wait he isn't McKays client is he.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 04, 2011, 05:19:21 pm by benaldo »
Do you remember why Penney allegedly \"left\"?

I wouldn't want him back, he was thicker than katie prices slap.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 04, 2011, 06:56:50 pm by rtid88 »
So because a manager has managed more games then clearly that means he is a better manager and we should have gone for Penney for that reason over Saunders? Good logic!! You were clearly born with an incredible brain!!:headbang:

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 04, 2011, 07:06:18 pm by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=196957
So because a manager has managed more games then clearly that means he is a better manager and we should have gone for Penney for that reason over Saunders? Good logic!! You were clearly born with an incredible brain!!:headbang:

Can your incredible brain give me one good reason why we hired Dean Saunders?

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 04, 2011, 07:52:53 pm by Donnybob »
Would you be happy to let a student dentist do your root canal work or would you opt for someone with a little practical experience of what's involved?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 04, 2011, 08:09:57 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=196891
For the sake of repeating the obvious.....

What the hell is wrong with supporting what JR, Saunders, and Rovers are trying to do?? I just don't get it. Everyone is, of course, more than entitled to their opinions, like who's a good player, if the formations are good, the state of the burgers, but I don't get why people can't support a new regime?

We have some excellent new players in Chimbonda, Illunga and Diouf, new hope, a model to do things differently and one which gives hope, yet some people can't just trust JR!! It's bloody weird. And a little disrespectful considering the way in which John Ryan has saved the life of this club!

Stat all you like, but at the end of it all, you either support Rovers right now or you don't.

^^^^^^^ = sense. We have opinions as fans on everything from the youth team to the marekting dept but we all fail or succeed together. I really don't like what we're doing but I'm behind it hoping we win every game making Barca look like Forest Green. I'd rather hold my hands up whilst we're in mid-table and say JR was right (again, again) than be a \"told you so\" fan of a L1 club. Like it or not, we can't influence the boards strategy any more than I can another business.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012